[x]We're back! After a failure of the drives in our database server, all data has been restored from last night's backup. The last 24 hours or so of submissions will likely need to be re-made but everything else should be okay. Please let me now if you notice anything not working as it should though. Thanks! -Petie

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Was playing Scott Pilgrim
because the impression i got was that they were 'obscure enough so your parents wouldn't notice' type obscure
[Image: tumblr_lbmz8gVkvC1qcyzauo1_500.gif]
Thanked by:
(08-30-2010, 12:05 AM)TomGuycott Wrote: Just chillin'.
at the Holiday Inn.
Gifts
[ PK - TomGuycott - MoneyMan ]
Thanked by:
Who you wit?
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
Snoop.
Gifts
[ PK - TomGuycott - MoneyMan ]
Thanked by:
if anyone is bothered still to check this
http://boutain.blogspot.com/2010/08/scot...me_23.html
thats the development of the game's backgrounds.
Thanked by:
(09-01-2010, 12:42 PM)17 kids Wrote: because the impression i got was that they were 'obscure enough so your parents wouldn't notice' type obscure

I had no idea what "The Clash at Demonhead" was before I read the novels and watched the movie.
[Image: Bear2.png]
[Image: tumblr_ljk17tWfME1qd7kbno1_250.gif]
Thanked by:
(09-01-2010, 11:20 PM)Francisco Cifuentes Wrote: if anyone is bothered still to check this
http://boutain.blogspot.com/2010/08/scot...me_23.html
thats the development of the game's backgrounds.

Also, really found this interesting. Thanks for the link.
Thanked by:
(08-31-2010, 09:54 PM)Flannel_Bastard Wrote: One of my friends thinks its all Final Fantasy references, due to how he likes final fantasy...
f

if it makes him feel better, in the comic
except that's not really Final Fantasy though; though he can't call himself an FF fan if he doesn't like that game ):

(09-01-2010, 11:29 AM)Rosencrantz Wrote: although this is also the guy who thinks Modern Warfare 2 is god's gift to mankind so
well
case closed !!!
this man you speak of really can't call himself a gamer, sorry
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by:
(09-01-2010, 12:42 PM)17 kids Wrote: so are there any video game references that are actually obscure in the series
ones that are semi-obscure depending on who you are:

vol. 2's opening image is styled in Bonk's Adventure font, and Knives and Ramona's first encounter, "How appropriate, you fight like a cow" - a Secret of Monkey Island reference.

vol. 3, Scott blurts out "I gotta believe!!" - a Parappa reference...admit it, not a lot of you here played it >:{

vol. 5 scott confuses the twins' for "randy and andy katamari" - katamari's obvious but randy and andy are the dragon twins from river city ransom

and in the last book ramona's wearing a headband in one scene that's a throwback to athena's from KoF

oh and
not spoiling where but Knives and Scott do an X-Strike (you know, the double-tech from Chrono Trigger)
Thanked by:
(09-02-2010, 08:26 PM)kakasheh Wrote: vol. 3, Scott blurts out "I gotta believe!!" - a Parappa reference...admit it, not a lot of you here played it >:{

i remember this part (and actually laughed because i own both parappas and UJL)
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
that's because you're a nerd vippershark
Thanked by: Cobalt Blue, Cshad, DioShiba
when I was small

I thought that a movie including references from a lot of games would be the best thing ever and I'd watch it no matter what

>>>when I was small<<<
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by:
(09-02-2010, 09:32 PM)Gors Wrote: when I was small

I thought that a movie including references from a lot of games would be the best thing ever and I'd watch it no matter what

>>>when I was small<<<

I think that if you let yourself, for one second, not hate the movie with a passion, it's actually quite the enjoyable ride. Disappointed that the Wallace they cast wasn't asian, though.

There's still a little bit of the trademark Edgar Wright humor, if you liked Hot Fuzz and Shawn of the Dead.
Thanked by:
no, you totally missed the point

I said that I'd watch it no matter what if I was small, right? That doesn't mean I'm saying movie sucks now or something... It's just the fact that I gradually lost interest on watching videos altogether when I grew up

I still watch some, but... not as much as before. I don't feel the urge to watch it, get it?
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by:
just like me, except i did had an urge to watch ironman 2 heh
Thanked by: