[x]We're back! After a failure of the drives in our database server, all data has been restored from last night's backup. The last 24 hours or so of submissions will likely need to be re-made but everything else should be okay. Please let me now if you notice anything not working as it should though. Thanks! -Petie

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Pokemon G/S/C Devamp Project
We're sorta looking for original poses here.

EDIT:
[Image: bidoof.png]

Thanked by: Baegal
That needs a lot of work. It doesn't really look like the Pokemon Bidoof, it looks too much like an fan interpretation.
Thanked by:
True I was attempting to give it a more "cuter" disposition.

I also wanted it in a more active pose than just standing there. I don't know how to pull that off.

Thanked by:
the pose is fine, it just needs to be a bit chunkier, especially around the face. fix the mouth too, perhaps even closing it.
[Image: bunka3.png]
Thanked by:
How's this then?

[Image: bidoof.png]

By the way, where has Devicho been on this project?

Thanked by:
Hey guys, just joined this forum, just for this thread

I did a lucario front and back, it's not the best but I hope you like it Smile
umm, you can edit it if you think something else would work better

Attached Files
.bmp   lucario.bmp (Size: 9.24 KB / Downloads: 273)
.bmp   lucario2.bmp (Size: 3.3 KB / Downloads: 248)
Thanked by:
Why did you use the EXACT same pose from HGSS? :I

In fact, I'm pretty sure you just edited Lucario to have less colors. It doesn't look in-style and it has no spark of originality.

If you're going to sprite for this project, you need to do a custom sprite and at least attempt to put him in a different pose...
Thanked by: Neslug, Baegal
(04-24-2010, 06:29 PM)Alpha Six Wrote: Why did you use the EXACT same pose from HGSS? :I

In fact, I'm pretty sure you just edited Lucario to have less colors. It doesn't look in-style and it has no spark of originality.

If you're going to sprite for this project, you need to do a custom sprite and at least attempt to put him in a different pose...

uh...sorry then....but why does it have to be in a different pose?
i thought this was just editing the 3-4 gen pokemon to the 2. gen pokemon
Thanked by:
I call Whismur.
Thanked by:
You guys have to use way more dithering...
[Image: logodarkshire24bit.png]
Thanked by: Baegal
(04-24-2010, 06:31 PM)Kifla Wrote:
(04-24-2010, 06:29 PM)Alpha Six Wrote: Why did you use the EXACT same pose from HGSS? :I

Please look closer at these sprites. Every single sprite done for this project is 100% custom. They're custom made in order to match the style of GSC more. No sprite that's been "accepted" has been edited off a gen 3/4 sprite.

To be clearer-- We're creating the 3rd and 4th gen Pokemon in the 2nd gen's sprite style. 100% custom.
(04-25-2010, 02:38 PM)Alpha Six Wrote:
(04-24-2010, 06:31 PM)Kifla Wrote:

Please look closer at these sprites. Every single sprite done for this project is 100% custom. They're custom made in order to match the style of GSC more. No sprite that's been "accepted" has been edited off a gen 3/4 sprite.

To be clearer-- We're creating the 3rd and 4th gen Pokemon in the 2nd gen's sprite style. 100% custom.

Well yes...I see that, and dont get me wrong, you guys are awesome, but I still dont understand WHY they have to be custom...I dont want to be annoying but i just doesn't make sence Sad
Thanked by:
Because the idea of the thread is to make it as though Nintendo were making a new Pokemon game, in the style of GSC. They never reuse front sprites, so they all must be made custom.
Thanked by: Neslug
(04-26-2010, 10:02 AM)Yutaka Wrote: Because the idea of the thread is to make it as though Nintendo were making a new Pokemon game, in the style of GSC. They never reuse front sprites, so they all must be made custom.

ooooooh....sorry then, thx
Thanked by:
Hmm...the only couple things that bug me here are Aron and Castform, but just a little bit.
In GSC, Gamefreak seemed to like having contrasting colors rather than monotone palettes (ex: purple and dark purple), at least, for Pokemon that had more than one color in their color scheme. Therefore, Aron would most likely look a whole lot better if you were to use blue instead of dark gray as the second color, and using the gray with much black dithering for its belly; the blue would be used for its eyes.
If you want to see what it could possibly look like that way--in case you're suspicious--I can edit it to show you. =3 ((But...I'll do it a little later-I'm feelin' sorta lazy now.))

The only thing that bothers me about Castform is the contrast between the two gray colors--try making the darker gray-like color a little bit darker.

The majority of these contributions are turning out awesome so far, though. Cute
I'll throw in another two cents and try and Skitty, if no one minds.

-----------

Here's my attempt at Skitty. To be honest, I started on it and pretty much finished it last night, so, yeah. Just had to touch it up.
[Image: j956gy.png]
I decided that I'd do two poses, since it just seems more like Gold/Silver...seeing how each game had its own pose of the Pokemon sprites and whatnot.
I also thought I'd make the tail a little bit bigger in general, make the ball-like-objects on its tail attatched to shorter "string"-like...things...and made one less fluff on the end of its ears--all to try to, I guess, make it seem a little more "in style," in a way. I mean, of course, not all of the sprites in GSC were perfect--they had their quirks (but that's what makes them so fun to try and imitate, no?).
Anyways, I guess I'm okay with how it turned out, so far.

C+C and whatnot would be greatly appreciated.
[Image: BannerMain.gif]