[x]We're back! After a failure of the drives in our database server, all data has been restored from last night's backup. The last 24 hours or so of submissions will likely need to be re-made but everything else should be okay. Please let me now if you notice anything not working as it should though. Thanks! -Petie

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
K. Rool Recolor/Edit
This is a recolor and edit over the idle Bowser sprite from Bowser's Inside Story to make it look like K. Rool.

It's not my best. After a year or two, I've finally gotten back into spriting. I want some constructive critic on this, because I'm not done yet. I feel like something's missing.

Edit: I've editted the body stance to make it look like he's standing up straight, as well as the nose, mouth, and belly!

Old: [attachment=3511]

Editted: [attachment=3513]
Thanked by:
i can count about ten different light sources here
[Image: detg1h.png]
Thanked by:
Where is your source image that you... "recolor/edit"'d this off of?

FYI it doesn't look very much like K. Rool. The proportions are all off.
Thanked by:
I think it was off Bowser
[Image: OH4K4jX.gif] [Image: R7WBBzo.gif] [Image: TsJpssj.gif]
-----------------------[Love]-----------------------
Thanked by:
I used his colors from the GBA DK: King of Swing sprite sheet.
Then I used them on a Bowser sprite from Bowser's Inside Story. Sorry I forgot to specify!
Thanked by:
It's face doesn't looks at all like a croc's. (In fact, it looks more like a Ninja Turtle...)
Thanked by: Alpha Six, Marth, Stooben
Okay, I've editted the sprite to make it look more proportional to K. Rool.
I see what you guys mean. Now I look at the old one...he looked more like Bowser than a crocodile!
Thanked by:
still looks like a ninja turtle, why don't you try custom instead of editting? You're bound to get better results.
Thanked by:
But I'm really digging Bowser's arms. Very Sad
I decided to do an edit-over because I'm not good enough to draw arms and a body from scratch.
Thanked by:
http://www.spriters-resource.com/communi...?tid=12316

gonna go ahead and plug you over to that thread
that's what k.rool should look like
he should not look like a green bowser
Thanked by: Alpha Six
Needs a bigger and more angular mouth, not a soft and round like the one on your edit.
Thanked by:
(04-18-2010, 08:22 PM)sweet georgia brown Wrote: http://www.spriters-resource.com/communi...?tid=12316

gonna go ahead and plug you over to that thread
that's what k.rool should look like
he should not look like a green bowser

even when bowser is green?
Thanked by: Iceman404
looks funny, chibi-Rool or something like that xD

But his crown looks like hair and I think one of his eyes is bigger and has a injury (I'm not sure how to describe this "red" in his eye).
[Image: dariC.png][Image: tumblr_mlf109xOe81rmu6i5o1_250.gif][Image: b0KxM.gif]
Thanked by: Stooben
I think the term you're looking for is "bloodshot eye"
[Image: 6SqMy.gif][Image: 6SqMy.gif]
« Ref »
« »
Thanked by:
Looks good, but like everyone else said he needs his head too be croc like and have his trademark red eye.
[Image: 5bwrxw.jpg]
[Image: ra2mvm.png]
I LOVE BEING PURPLE!!!!
Thanked by: