[x]We're back! After a failure of the drives in our database server, all data has been restored from last night's backup. The last 24 hours or so of submissions will likely need to be re-made but everything else should be okay. Please let me now if you notice anything not working as it should though. Thanks! -Petie

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
The custom ML3 Project
(02-10-2010, 02:58 PM)Tonberry2k Wrote: [Image: ml3jinx.png]

Looks okay so far, but I can't really say anything else since it's not done. Just don't forget to add AA on everything.

(02-10-2010, 08:23 PM)Baegal Wrote: Ps. Hold on, I know sleepyharry made an ml3 tutorial, lemme try to dig it up

If you can't find it, then I need to finish writing the one I started a while ago. But it also depends on if this tutorial you saw is actually any good or not, lol. Not saying it sucks or anything, but a lot of people misinterpret this style - so we'll see. I'll probably finish mine to submit here anyway though.
Thanked by:
its not BAD, its just very basic. You'd probably be better off making one that's more in depth. Still, it helps beginners.
also I found his post with the tutoriall, but the link was broken.
[Image: OH4K4jX.gif] [Image: R7WBBzo.gif] [Image: TsJpssj.gif]
-----------------------[Love]-----------------------
Thanked by:
[Image: ml3jinx.png]

Ew. In related news, I remember why I don't do customs anymore.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
again, the hair doesnt need half of it shaded. You could also stant to use a color less in the skin, it looks very jumbled
Thanked by:
I'll claim Giga Bowser. Here's what I have so far.
[Image: gigabowserwip.png]
Thanked by:
(02-20-2010, 11:51 PM)megamario1234 Wrote: I'll claim Giga Bowser. Here's what I have so far.
[Image: gigabowserwip.png]

Wow looks pretty nice. I might claim Geno, but could someone give me an M&L3 Pallete?
Thanked by:
looks good, but remember, he doesn't need that much detail because ml3 style is very cartoony
Thanked by:
W.I.P

finished front pose
Going to do walking animation
Then side poses.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=3401]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sup.
Check out my comic Boo.
[Image: boohorrorcomicbanner.png]
Here's a link to Boo.
Thanked by:
here is a general guy sample, the rest will come i a later sheet [Image: attachment.php?aid=3402]
ps i claim general guy!

Attached Files
.bmp   genguysamp.bmp (Size: 7.76 KB / Downloads: 548)
[Image: picture.php?albumid=1248&pictureid=8634]
Thanked by:
J-bit and EpicPwner, both of those sprites look bad.

@ J-bit- I haven't compared it to Mario, but it seems like it's too tall. Also, X-nauts are not boxes, they are round. This is really just not in style and the over all build of the sprite is off.

@ Pwner- Did you just recolor a Shy Guy sprite, and past General Guys hat from his Paper Mario sprite over it? This is 2 kinds of lazy.
Thanked by:
(02-23-2010, 09:06 PM)Chaoxys Wrote: J-bit and EpicPwner, both of those sprites look bad.

@ J-bit- I haven't compared it to Mario, but it seems like it's too tall. Also, X-nauts are not boxes, they are round. This is really just not in style and the over all build of the sprite is off.

@ Pwner- Did you just recolor a Shy Guy sprite, and past General Guys hat from his Paper Mario sprite over it? This is 2 kinds of lazy.

this is a custom projdect oh shhh...
[Image: picture.php?albumid=1248&pictureid=8634]
Thanked by:
Theres no problem in using the shy guy as a base since General Guy and a normal Shy Guy are the same in terms of the body, but the hat needs to actually be in style.

Oh yeah, I started work on Dimentio. Not to fond of it so far but i'll continue to work on it.
[Image: hurf.png]
Thanked by: Chaofanatic, Baegal
everything looks perfect for me except his head and the purple things below them. They seem a tad long
Thanked by:
I can do koops.
Thanked by:
(02-26-2010, 09:10 PM)Pikmin Awsomeness Wrote: I can do koops.

No you can't.