[x]We're back! After a failure of the drives in our database server, all data has been restored from last night's backup. The last 24 hours or so of submissions will likely need to be re-made but everything else should be okay. Please let me now if you notice anything not working as it should though. Thanks! -Petie

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Ness*
Well I kinda always did think that Piks version was awesome, but then again, it seems too 'shiny' up against mario, i think it's just the colors.
Thanked by:
Can I see more sprites? I'd really love to see 'em.
[Image: SMB1BlooperMediumAni.gif]
Thanked by:
quite a coincidence that i stumbled across this topic. o-o

anyways...I don't really like those sprites I made, but if a ness sheet needs to be done then i could whip up a new version and attempt a sheet.
i liked pik's ness tho ;-;
Thanked by:
What ever happened to Pik?
It's like Mark David Chapman shot him in the back 4 times or something.
[Image: ioncesawyouholleringint.jpg]
Thanked by:
yeah he kinda just disappeared Shocked

anyways i gave my ness a complete makeover.
[Image: newness.png]
hmm
Thanked by:
The pallet could use some work. Looks better than your old one though. Also it's really hard to tell whats goin on with his backpack.
[Image: ioncesawyouholleringint.jpg]
Thanked by:
The face and palette need some work. The backpack also looks like he has a hump.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
[Image: newness-1.png]

he's not so terribly out of style anymore. :I
Thanked by:
pik's is still the best by far. i don't know why you're changing it, it was one of the best in the project.
Thanked by:
Use Pik's form but Dark's colors, as the orignal seemed to have a bit too much contrast.
[Image: orb21.png][Image: orb22.png][Image: orb23.png]
Thanked by:
Because no one has the patience and/or skill to sheet it.
Thanked by:
plenty of people do but most of them have their own things to work on. if there's a problem then practice until you feel like you can do it.
Thanked by:
I still think the head lacks any definition or character.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
I only started my own because pik seemed to have put this down. :/

As far as quality is concerned, I'm trying to do whatever I can, but it would surely help if I knew what made pik's version so much better. like...how should I go about giving his side-facing head more definition and character? See, what I would need for the sake of improving is for you guys to elaborate on your opinions/crits just a bit more. I'd much rather have my own version than to continue pik's work; I'm totally willing to make a sheet if I can eventually have a good enough base sprite.

so let me try a little more. if I can't seem to top or match pik's ness then i'll leave it to someone else to get the job done. :c
Thanked by:
[Image: newness-3.png]

mmh :<
Thanked by: