The VG Resource
What are you playing? - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+----- Thread: What are you playing? (/thread-7278.html)

RE: What are you playing? - Garamonde - 06-29-2011

I've been trying to catch up on Animal Crossing: City Folk for a while (I've fallen so far behind that the town date is back at March!!), but I just recently got the golden fishing rod. Cool Though I really should get back to completing some of my games that I was working on then left alone because I was stuck on what to do (and GameFAQs didn't help) or was just too difficult to do at the time.

RE: What are you playing? - Devicho - 07-01-2011

I started playing Harvest Moon: Island of Happiness during the week where I had no internet access. This game seems a lot harder than most of the other Harvest Moon games I've played. Making stable income though.

RE: What are you playing? - Dazz - 07-01-2011

I'm playing that Suikoden game on the DS... It's really reminding me of the good old days of RPGs. Really enjoying it.

RE: What are you playing? - Lemonray - 07-01-2011

>Feel like replaying Twilight Princess
>Get up to the part where you turn into the wolf for the first time
>Stare at the screen for a few seconds when gameplay resumes after the cutscene
>*Sigh*
>Turn the Wii off and go to sleep for half an hour

RE: What are you playing? - Garamonde - 07-01-2011

(07-01-2011, 01:32 PM)Dazz Wrote: I'm playing that Suikoden game on the DS... It's really reminding me of the good old days of RPGs. Really enjoying it.

IDK why, but every time I read Suikuden, I think of sudoku...

RE: What are you playing? - Kriven - 07-01-2011

Sonic Adventure via XBLA.

Forgot how glitchy this game is.

Also, charging an additional five dollars for DX upgrades (Metal Sonic and 60 missions, ooh.) Is bullshit, but I'll probably do it anyways.

RE: What are you playing? - Helmo - 07-01-2011

Kirby 64

I still have to get like 24 enemy cards

RE: What are you playing? - Ngamer01 - 07-01-2011

I finished Kirby's Epic Yarn with a full 100%, so I've moved on to Final Fantasy VI on Wii's Virtual Console. I'm also still playing Goldeneye 007 Wii, though not as much as I used to.

As for Final Fantasy VI, it's the first time that I'm going through the game. I left Figaro Castle with party levels around 7.

RE: What are you playing? - Jalopes - 07-01-2011

i actually started playing ff6 recently as well

It's pretty good, very similar to FF7. I feel like it suffers a bit from being an SNES game, though. I mean they made the best with what they had (and the sprites/environments don't look bad), but imo if it had been a PS1-style FF game it would've worked better. Would've allowed them to be more creative with locations, too, instead of making every town the same with a different layout.

it's certainly not as good looking as chrono trigger, for example

RE: What are you playing? - Dazz - 07-02-2011

I completed the bare bones of epic yarn with my friend. It was fun, but gets so boring after a few hours... But so does everything. I usually hate Kirby games though, but I enjoyed this one.
I actually thought the piano tunes were the best bit...

We didn't do all the extra levels, because we only had a couple days to play it before I got a train home, but bare game was fun... Except it kept telling to play bullshit minigames and play with our flat, which honestly is the most stupid idea ever.

Also, started playing Dungeon Siege 3. Really enjoying it.

RE: What are you playing? - Shadowth117 - 07-02-2011

Started playing Crackdown 2 with some friends and just sort of messed around with it for a while. Its a pretty fun game just to mess around in, that's for sure. I don't see it being extremely lasting, but it seems like it has enough to do to keep me interested for a bit. I've yet to try the sandbox mode, Keys to the City or whatever it was called.

RE: What are you playing? - Vipershark - 07-02-2011

The first game is much better anyway
try that one instead
(07-01-2011, 01:32 PM)Dazz Wrote: I'm playing that Suikoden game on the DS... It's really reminding me of the good old days of RPGs. Really enjoying it.

It also has the best voice acting of any game ever made, bar none.

RE: What are you playing? - ZaeTelapo! - 07-02-2011

Been playing Persona 3.

Only for a few hours atm but it's pretty neat so far.

RE: What are you playing? - NICKtendo DS - 07-02-2011

Just got my Elite License in Burnout Paradise. Pretty annoyed at the fact that you need to clear the Paradise Awards list aswell to get 100%. Getting all the other stuff done has been frustrating, getting all Road Rules and completing every event after getting the Burnout License. My favorite car is the Civilian police car. I had this thing with police cars since NFS Hot Pursuit. I make the law, b****es!

And I've ordered Kirby's Dreamland 2 from a web shop yesterday, so I know what I'll be playing the next couple of days.

RE: What are you playing? - Dazz - 07-03-2011

(07-02-2011, 10:08 AM)Vipershark Wrote: The first game is much better anyway
try that one instead

It also has the best voice acting of any game ever made, bar none.

Completely agree about crackdown. First one felt much more open and interesting.

As for suikoden's voice acting, I did feel at first that they were talking waaaaay too quickly.
But after a while they start talking normally.