The VG Resource
Delicious Wonderbros - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Spriting and Pixel Art (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-14.html)
+----- Thread: Delicious Wonderbros (/thread-6644.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Delicious Wonderbros - Ninspriterx - 09-05-2009

I gave highlights for my girlfriend but not me Very Sad

I lose. :[

RE: Delicious Wonderbros - triptych - 09-05-2009

oh i didnt see yours

those are actually okay
i'll still probably dick around with them a bit but yeah

RE: Delicious Wonderbros - Ninspriterx - 09-05-2009

oh okay.
cool
Cool

RE: Delicious Wonderbros - Lan Auren - 09-05-2009

Oh sorry. I just assumed that Shawn was being a lazy bum as always. My mistake. :P

And NinX, your sprites were alright, but something was still off about them. Mostly it's just the hair that feels out of style though.

delicious 1up says:
- http://sheezyart.com/art/view/1482720/ this should totally be a boss in wonderbros
-all 3 of them at the same time
Hero with a crippling flaw says:
-totally
delicious 1up says:
-i hate myself for using that word
-totally
delicious 1up says:
- heh
-but yeah that would be one clusterfuck of a fight
-idk
-people would probably hate you for making one of the bosses
-3 retarded guys
delicious 1up says:
-heh
-HUNTER RUSSELL SUPPORTS THE BEATING AND MURDER OF RETARDS
delicious 1up says:
-they even have their own backstory!!!!!!
-ONCE UPON A TIME
-THESE THREE RETARDS DECIDED
-THEY WOULD JOIN THE CITY GUARD
-ONLY THEY FORGOT TO LATER
-AND DECIDED TO BE A GROUP OF VIGILANTES
-THE END

this needs opinions from other people

RE: Delicious Wonderbros - Alpha Six - 09-05-2009

you already know my opinion so

!!!

RE: Delicious Wonderbros - Vipershark - 09-05-2009

(09-05-2009, 01:19 PM)Kaikimi Wrote: Actually a coat that's long like that wouldn't fold up so much in the back. I made a quick edit to show you a bit of what I'm talking about.

[Image: vuporsheekdelicous.png]

thanks for this

RE: Delicious Wonderbros - Dave - 09-05-2009

(09-05-2009, 04:55 PM)Aunt Vagina Wrote: everyone who has made a sprite up to this point(with the exception of lan and shawn because they actually helped make the style so they know what the fuck they're doing) has left out two important parts of the style

1. competence in choosing oversaturated colors
2. highlights

[Image: nicodelicousstyle.png] >> [Image: wonderbros.png]

So there is a special pallete to it, not too dark yet too bright?
Cause I'm not sure...

there's no predefined palette, it's just that everyone in this topic seems incapable of spriting in the style whether it's because of their color choices or their complete lack of talent

RE: Delicious Wonderbros - Dave - 09-05-2009

Ok, I get it now, not geting out of the style.
That sounds simple.

RE: Delicious Wonderbros - Poképimp Gold - 09-06-2009

nice style there man i gotta try this sometime just for fun

RE: Delicious Wonderbros - Sol - 09-06-2009

I thought I'd get in on this, so here we are.

[Image: SolNewWonderbrosStyle2.png]

Apologies if I completely butchered the style. I haven't really been in the spriting groove for awhile, but I wanted to do this. Very Sad

RE: Delicious Wonderbros - Lan Auren - 09-06-2009

(09-06-2009, 03:02 AM)Sol Wrote: [Image: SolNewWonderbrosStyle2.png]

Ya know, it doesn't actually look half bad, though a couple of things need fixing.

When it comes to the hair, I'd suggest making the outline less detailed, cause the way you made it now it looks all jagged and kinda sloppy. As for the shading, you got the amount of colors right, but the shading style is somewhat off, and it ends up looking a bit pillowshaded (in my opinion, at least).
The palette seems fine to me but then I'm not much of an expert at saturated palettes, so you'll have to wait for 1up to tell you if it's ok. I did however notice that you have two colors that are almost exactly the same. The darkest shade of green. You have one color on the hair and one on the shirt. Then again maybe that was intentional?
Now one last thing I noticed, as with many other sprites in this thread, your character seems to have developed a bit of an air hump. I'd suggest straightening out his left (our right) leg a bit.

(This ended up being a lot longer than I thought it'd be, haha)

RE: Delicious Wonderbros - Sol - 09-06-2009

(09-06-2009, 05:49 AM)Lan Auren Wrote:
(09-06-2009, 03:02 AM)Sol Wrote: [Image: SolNewWonderbrosStyle2.png]

Ya know, it doesn't actually look half bad, though a couple of things need fixing.

When it comes to the hair, I'd suggest making the outline less detailed, cause the way you made it now it looks all jagged and kinda sloppy. As for the shading, you got the amount of colors right, but the shading style is somewhat off, and it ends up looking a bit pillowshaded (in my opinion, at least).
The palette seems fine to me but then I'm not much of an expert at saturated palettes, so you'll have to wait for 1up to tell you if it's ok. I did however notice that you have two colors that are almost exactly the same. The darkest shade of green. You have one color on the hair and one on the shirt. Then again maybe that was intentional?
Now one last thing I noticed, as with many other sprites in this thread, your character seems to have developed a bit of an air hump. I'd suggest straightening out his left (our right) leg a bit.

(This ended up being a lot longer than I thought it'd be, haha)

Thanks for the critique! I see what you mean about the jaggedness and shading of the hair. I tried looking at the hair of the sprites you guys made as reference for it, but to be honest my avatar's hairstyle is kind of strange and I didn't really know where to go with the shading, haha. As for the green palette, yeah, it is the same all around, except for the highlights on the pants. My avatar sports green like crazy. And I seem to have took some of those posts about airhump seriously and thought it was a deliberate style trait, eheh. I'll fix that.

RE: Delicious Wonderbros - Dave - 09-06-2009

I like what you did with the arms.
And the colors for the hair.
But something does looks like it got out of the style...