The VG Resource
'Pokémon Endless Adventure' - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: The Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-85.html)
+----- Forum: The Spriters Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-5.html)
+------ Forum: Submissions (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-34.html)
+------- Forum: Custom / Edited (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-36.html)
+------- Thread: 'Pokémon Endless Adventure' (/thread-6490.html)

RE: 'Pokemon World' - Dazz - 06-01-2009

Nice job, that run is awesome now imo

RE: 'Pokemon World' - JoshR691 - 06-05-2009

Smoochum's finished:

[Image: tag154.png]

...I'm getting sick of the Small Pokemon, I think it's time for another big one *coughGyaradoscough*
And I'll probably fix up Steelix's Tail (since it's still too fat) and then I'll remake Lugia, so expect to see those a while after

...And then, a lot of the remakes I have planned, since I want all of the project up to date

RE: 'Pokemon World' - Cshad - 06-05-2009

Were going back to the same problems your had with Sandshrew, only more so this time.
That walk could not possibly be a walk, it looks so uncomfortable to start walking, then put its feet back to both sides, then raise the other, repeating that. I think you should start making idle animations, then a walk animation separate from that, so everything looks smoother.
The attacks also look kinda bad, with just a couple frames being minorly edited fro different transitions. Smoochum can utilize physical and special attacks, so why not give it a physical motion, and then a special one. They can be really easy to make while representing all the physical moves with one motion and then another for the special ones. Even if you couldn't do it for all the physical ones (like headbutt would look awkward, if you were to choose say, a punch to represent it), the special one could be similar to the one you have know, only more psychic-e

These are all suggestions, do whatever you want, just try to add more frames/animations when necessary. I know making small sheets makes everything easier, but not if it takes away the quality of the game your working on.

Speaking of quality, those black pixels in the hair aren't looking all that great on Smoochum.

Good luck with the project.

Gave Steelix an Overhaul:

[Image: tag045.png]

@ Cshad: The least I can do about the run is to go back and fix every sheet that has the problem, which will take a while, but I'll get to it, and get it done
As for the attack, I'll probably change it to a Punch, since most of the other attacks it learns would most likely use it's head

Edit: Fixed Smoochum:

[Image: tag154.png]

Edit 2: Fixed Charmander's Run:

[Image: tag0.png]

RE: 'Pokemon World' - zwb147 - 06-05-2009

What Trainers are you planning on doing?

Well, I plan on making all the Trainers from the games (Main Male & Female Trainers, Rivals, Random Trainers, Gym Leaders, Elite 4 Members, and the Frontier Brains)

RE: 'Pokemon World' - A.J. Nitro - 06-06-2009

Wait, so Steelix has to float? I think I preferred it when it slithered on the ground, but the new rocks look good.

RE: 'Pokemon World' - JoshR691 - 06-06-2009

Ok, so you guys already know that I'm remaking all the Trainers, I've always felt that the head didn't seem like it fits in with Pokemon, so...I made 3 Different heads, the first is the current one, the Second is my first attempt at making the head more like a Trainer (rather than just a random sprite), and the third is what I think looks most like a Trainer from the games...But I'm leaving it up to you guys to decide! (as well as a poll on my Sheezyart...)

[Image: 123a.png]

So vote if you want to, it's helping the project, and the whole project is kind of a 'fan-service'

Oh, and...don't mind my character, he's just the 'test dummy.' this is mostly for the face and head shape, so keep that in mind (especially since I didn't have time to remake the fro)...

RE: 'Pokemon World' - A.J. Nitro - 06-06-2009

I'd go with 3.

RE: 'Pokemon World' - darkblur123 - 06-06-2009

defintly go with 3

RE: 'Pokemon World' - Cshad - 06-06-2009

It still looks like your half assing animations, Smoochum's punch has no force in it whatsoever, and the walk could use some real walking frames, nothing seems like it was fixed.

Charmander suffers from half the legs edited a little bit then pasted on :/. His legs twist in a very unnatural way, and the walk animation looks really really bad.

Just add some more frames with actual force;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUdGAGqtI8A
Look at how pokemon stadium's animations were done, sure they didn't make a whole lotta sense when using some attacks, but they actually moved. Though, some movements for attacks did indeed, look bad.

Sorry if I sound harsh

RE: 'Pokemon World' - JoshR691 - 06-06-2009

I could've gone half-assed and made the Project like the Old Stadium games, but I'm trying to do a little extra adding the run, so more like a 2D Battle Revolution

I also could've just made two Poses and be done with it, like GameFreak did in D/P/Pl, but that defeats the purpose to the project. The reason I don't use too many frames is because I'm going for a simple style, like the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Series(with only two[if you count Pokemon like Zangoose & Absol] Directions), but at the same time going for a 2D Battle Revolution/Stadium style

I don't think the animations look unnatural, but then again you're not seeing them animated, just on the sheet. Now, in the future, I'm going to go back and fix all the running animations, but things take time and I want to get a few other Pokemon, and some Trainers out of the way first.

In case I wasn't clear in any previous post where I explained this, The Running is only used with the Attack, so for the Pokemon sheets that just look like they Punch, Slash, Kick, Headbutt, etc... in place, actually run over to the other Pokemon, then Punch, Slash, Kick, Headbutt, etc...

Now, for Smoochum...The Run is more of a skip, so it looks better slower...Now the Punch looks weak because Smoochum is a Baby Pokemon, and the Baby Pokemon are just meant to look cute...Now, the Smoochum are cute and aren't meant to be very powerful(Barring the 'Little Battles' from Battle Revolution, and the Trick Room sets), so why should Smoochum's punch be anything but cute and not very powerful?

And Charmander was just 'upgraded' to that run, since the old animation looked like he was walking in place, and yeah, his run will be updated again

I'm not saying 'no' to the Criticism you gave, I'm just saying that not all animations have to have a ton of poses to look decent animated, but I do admit that some of the Running animations I did don't look as good as they could, and that's why I'm going back to fix them...

RE: 'Pokemon World' - JoshR691 - 06-07-2009

Finished Magby:

[Image: tag155.png]

RE: 'Pokemon World' - Cshad - 06-07-2009

(06-06-2009, 09:22 PM)JoshR691 Wrote: I could've gone half-assed and made the Project like the Old Stadium games, but I'm trying to do a little extra adding the run, so more like a 2D Battle Revolution

I also could've just made two Poses and be done with it, like GameFreak did in D/P/Pl, but that defeats the purpose to the project. The reason I don't use too many frames is because I'm going for a simple style, like the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Series(with only two[if you count Pokemon like Zangoose & Absol] Directions), but at the same time going for a 2D Battle Revolution/Stadium style

I don't think the animations look unnatural, but then again you're not seeing them animated, just on the sheet. Now, in the future, I'm going to go back and fix all the running animations, but things take time and I want to get a few other Pokemon, and some Trainers out of the way first.

In case I wasn't clear in any previous post where I explained this, The Running is only used with the Attack, so for the Pokemon sheets that just look like they Punch, Slash, Kick, Headbutt, etc... in place, actually run over to the other Pokemon, then Punch, Slash, Kick, Headbutt, etc...

Now, for Smoochum...The Run is more of a skip, so it looks better slower...Now the Punch looks weak because Smoochum is a Baby Pokemon, and the Baby Pokemon are just meant to look cute...Now, the Smoochum are cute and aren't meant to be very powerful(Barring the 'Little Battles' from Battle Revolution, and the Trick Room sets), so why should Smoochum's punch be anything but cute and not very powerful?

And Charmander was just 'upgraded' to that run, since the old animation looked like he was walking in place, and yeah, his run will be updated again

I'm not saying 'no' to the Criticism you gave, I'm just saying that not all animations have to have a ton of poses to look decent animated, but I do admit that some of the Running animations I did don't look as good as they could, and that's why I'm going back to fix them...

Everything you said, is very relevant, and very true.
Unfortunately, you contradict your self in one aspect, I have bolded it.

Things like this do indeed take time, lots and lots of time. But your trying to put out 1 sheet a day minimum, when you should be spending a day or two on each animation, making it as smooth as possible especially since you intend to use this in a game.

I'm not saying you don't spend time on these, I'm just suggesting you should spend a bit more. But its all your choice

RE: 'Pokemon World' - JoshR691 - 06-07-2009

Don't get me wrong, I see what you're saying, and I think I stated this before, but this Project is ever-growing...not just in number, but in quality, and I also said that this Project is to help me improve as a spriter, and animator, and so far it's working.

I'm going to spend more time on each sheet, and I'm glad you're so interested in the project that you want to see it at it's best, and that's what I'm trying to do, make a 2D Pokemon game that looks almost as good as it's 3D counterpart.