The VG Resource
Doodles and Finished Pieces - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Creativity (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-21.html)
+----- Thread: Doodles and Finished Pieces (/thread-6058.html)

RE: Doodles and Finished Pieces - Sengir - 02-10-2014

[Image: 37bba2bc233b208363e8ead4559623e4.png]
I tried to use my webcam as a reference tool but apparently I can't keep still.

Also yes i have fatty cheeks and a leno jaw go away.

RE: Doodles and Finished Pieces - Bearded_Beast - 02-10-2014

(01-26-2014, 03:19 PM)Mongoose Jetters Wrote: I always look at digital paintings and think "how the hell did they do that" cause whenever I try it just kind of

turns into a big gradient with no form Ouch!

I'm there with ya. This is the best I've ever managed.
[Image: spook_painting_by_wynterlegend-d5hg8jl.png]

RE: Doodles and Finished Pieces - E-Man - 02-16-2014

When people were mentioning something about digital painting, I decided to take another crack at it myself and color this.

[Image: princess_eilonwy_by_e_man276-d76pq4b.png]

A friend of mine on DA drew the original version of this pic. but she didn't like the final result of it. I asked her about applying my "personal touch" to it in an attempt to make it look better and she agreed!

What do you think? Did I nail the hue shifting this time around?

RE: Doodles and Finished Pieces - Sengir - 02-16-2014

I don't think it's even possible to c+c your work unless we... see your work. There's no link to the original so I have no idea what you did or didn't do.

RE: Doodles and Finished Pieces - psychospacecow - 02-16-2014

[Image: hedgehog_copy_by_goldfisharmada-d76bpzo.jpg]
Forgot to put this here.

RE: Doodles and Finished Pieces - E-Man - 02-16-2014

(02-16-2014, 12:57 PM)Sengirbug Wrote: I don't think it's even possible to c+c your work unless we... see your work. There's no link to the original so I have no idea what you did or didn't do.

It's only a simple re-painting of a drawing a friend did, Sengirbug. I tend to color over other people's artwork (with their permission) as practice for coloring my own work.

This is what she did originally.
[Image: princess_eilonwy_by_astatos_luna-d74c055.png]

RE: Doodles and Finished Pieces - Psycho - 02-24-2014

i really need to work on anatomy.
my anatomical skills seem nothing more than mediocre, but i'll get there someday

anywho, here's an original of mine

[Image: __core___alma_by_psychozombii-d71jb5u.png]

RE: Doodles and Finished Pieces - E-Man - 02-24-2014

Well, besides the slightly awkward pose and the neck being a bit on the thinnish side, I'd say you're better at anatomy than I am. My personal gripe about the piece is that odd curl on top of her head. For some reason, it does go with the character very well, but it's your choice. All in all, though, it's a fine piece.

By the way, who exactly is the character in your avatar?

RE: Doodles and Finished Pieces - Gors - 02-24-2014

[Image: e37abcddad66ed3af187ce39676e2307.png]

RE: Doodles and Finished Pieces - psychospacecow - 02-24-2014

There was a contest a while back on DA for a scribblenauts DC game. I tried to replicate the in-game look with a character I was surprised they forgot, Static Shock.

[Image: scribblenauts_unmasked_entry___static_sh...6oiwx1.jpg]

Seriously, there's a red (or yellow, I'm not sure which) lantern cat and a guy who's power is to lose his arm but they forgot one of the characters they gave a successful animated show.

[Image: c18f534282ef7149e75ab119a4e1e816.png]

nice job Gors, I love edea's design. she's pretty kawaii :>

(02-24-2014, 06:01 AM)E-Man Wrote: Well, besides the slightly awkward pose and the neck being a bit on the thinnish side, I'd say you're better at anatomy than I am. My personal gripe about the piece is that odd curl on top of her head. For some reason, it does go with the character very well, but it's your choice. All in all, though, it's a fine piece.

By the way, who exactly is the character in your avatar?

Well the curl was just a thing i decided to add.
she trains a lot, so she sweats a lot, thus her hair is usually frizzy (even though it doesn't show much here).
idk i thought it was a nice addition, but i'll see if i can't work on her a bit.

also, my avatar is painwheel from one of my fav video games right now, skullgirls.
it's really fun and only costs like 15 bucks on PSN (idk about xbla or steam) and i recommend it.

RE: Doodles and Finished Pieces - E-Man - 02-24-2014

(02-24-2014, 03:13 PM)Psycho Wrote: Well the curl was just a thing i decided to add.
she trains a lot, so she sweats a lot, thus her hair is usually frizzy (even though it doesn't show much here).
idk i thought it was a nice addition, but i'll see if i can't work on her a bit.

also, my avatar is painwheel from one of my fav video games right now, skullgirls.
it's really fun and only costs like 15 bucks on PSN (idk about xbla or steam) and i recommend it.

Perhaps you could add some more strands of hair like that to show that it is actually frizzy? The sole strand that she currently has looks a little odd, but adding a few more would help you active the look you're looking for.

As your avatar, it never exactly occurred to me that the character came from Skullgirls. I heard a lot about the game, but I never looked into it much because it doesn't interest me enough to play it. Still, I thank you for telling me who she is and I'm flattered by how you wanted to recommend that game to me.

After reading Painwheel's backstory, though, I can't help but feel sorry for the poor girl. Getting kidnapped by some weirdos to have them pump you up with monster genes, nail some nails and a robotic pinwheel into you, and force you to wear a horrific mask isn't fun at all. The ending she gets in the game isn't any better either…

(02-24-2014, 08:57 PM)E-Man Wrote: Perhaps you could add some more strands of hair like that to show that it is actually frizzy? The sole strand that she currently has looks a little odd, but adding a few more would help you active the look you're looking for.

As your avatar, it never exactly occurred to me that the character came from Skullgirls. I heard a lot about the game, but I never looked into it much because it doesn't interest me enough to play it. Still, I thank you for telling me who she is and I'm flattered by how you wanted to recommend that game to me.

After reading Painwheel's backstory, though, I can't help but feel sorry for the poor girl. Getting kidnapped by some weirdos to have them pump you up with monster genes, nail some nails and a robotic pinwheel into you, and force you to wear a horrific mask isn't fun at all. The ending she gets in the game isn't any better either…

thanks for the advice, i'll definitely try it out!

no problem btw, just a shame it's not your kinda game. as for Painwheel, her story is indeed sad and wrong, but that's the reason i like her. they tried to control her, but with her very own willpower, she broke free. she has a powerful spirit, which can be seen as a lesson in and of itself; don't let anyone control you/be yourself. (also, she's metal as frick and a really cool character to play with lol)

but, even with all her genetic changes, she's still pretty adorable under the mask (not half bad with the mask either, i.e. my avatar). in another skullgirls' (Fillia's) ending, she wishes Painwheel can have a normal life, and she starts attending school without her mask, and in a school uniform. you get to see her smile too, which is kinda awkward, but still the best. almost made me cry!

her no-mask fanart is even better though.

[Image: uFFWuBW.png]