The VG Resource
Doodles and Finished Pieces - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Creativity (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-21.html)
+----- Thread: Doodles and Finished Pieces (/thread-6058.html)

RE: Doodles and Finished Pieces - Guy - 01-25-2014

Something i found on my sd card, forgotten i saved some of my work to it
(my hdd failed on me and so i've recently replaced it with a new one, the old stuff is inaccessible atm...OTL)

Melfina (Outlaw Star) (i'd love to make Gene, Jim, and Gilliam to complete the family)
[Image: bZvMcfY.png]

@ E-Man:
Your linework is very sketchy, it detracts from the art, show more confidence, be bold with your strokes!

Your shading could use more contrast, as well as a bit o' color shift in the darker hues, the anatomy is odd specifically from the waist down.

Continue drawing, immerse yourself in the art you really like, surround yourself with great artist, and set your goals high, each piece should be a little better than your last.

RE: Doodles and Finished Pieces - Sevenstitch - 01-25-2014

I love love love that Melfina model, Outlaw Star is by far one of my very favorite Animes

Please do more of the cast, It would fill me with such wonderful feelings

RE: Doodles and Finished Pieces - Kitsu - 01-25-2014

@Guy,
Maybe it's just my own opinion, but when you have models that are that low-poly, you may want to turn off lighting and simply have the shading entirely in the textures; otherwise, you get those really sharp edges which immediately give away just how low-poly the model is. The difference in resolution between the shoulder pads on her cloak and her face is also kind of jarring.
But the actual geometry looks really nice.

[Image: 6xilI]
It seems pointless to post this in the iScribble thread these days, so.
Credits: Jets, Zac, Kitsu

[Image: 6yzf0.png]
no context

RE: Doodles and Finished Pieces - E-Man - 01-26-2014

(01-25-2014, 06:35 PM)Guy Wrote: @ E-Man:
Your linework is very sketchy, it detracts from the art, show more confidence, be bold with your strokes!

Your shading could use more contrast, as well as a bit o' color shift in the darker hues, the anatomy is odd specifically from the waist down.

Continue drawing, immerse yourself in the art you really like, surround yourself with great artist, and set your goals high, each piece should be a little better than your last.

*Scratches chin* I see what you mean there.

Personally, I like to use sketchy lines to draw and I don't bother replacing/removing them if it's a quick doodle or concept art. Of course, in addition to your reason, I can understand the other reason why sketchy lines aren't the way to go is due to looking pretty messy and less professional than actually taking the time to ink in the line art. The next time I draw something, I promise I'll not show the skeet lines I used.

Surprisingly, I did actually use a hue shifting based palette for this drawing. The most likely reason why it didn't show very well is due to the new shading style I was trying out. You see, I was attempting to emulate a style of shading and coloring reminiscent of watercolors. If I'm going to make hue shifting work for this shading style, I need to get back to the drawing board. On the bright side, though, at least you didn't mention a thing about how my artwork has a bevel to it. That was a huge problem another shading style I was using ran into before, so I'm pleased that I can assume that I finally overcome that problem.

Anyway, I won't give up drawing until I iron out all the problems my artwork is currently facing. Thank you for the feedback. By the way, is something like this is what you had in mind when you formed those critiques?

[Image: GorsChristmasGift_zpsc80cfbdf.png~original]

RE: Doodles and Finished Pieces - Gors - 01-26-2014

post the 3D models in the 3D thread, here!

RE: Doodles and Finished Pieces - Sketchasaurus - 01-26-2014

Got bored, so I figured: "why not?" and then this happened:
[Image: nwmh.png]

RE: Doodles and Finished Pieces - Garamonde - 01-26-2014

I always look at digital paintings and think "how the hell did they do that" cause whenever I try it just kind of

turns into a big gradient with no form Ouch!

RE: Doodles and Finished Pieces - SmithyGCN - 01-27-2014

(01-26-2014, 03:19 PM)Mongoose Jetters Wrote: I always look at digital paintings and think "how the hell did they do that" cause whenever I try it just kind of

Same, same.
I've made some forays into digital painting, but I never got anywhere near as good as many of those artists. Gonna Puke

RE: Doodles and Finished Pieces - psychospacecow - 01-27-2014

(01-27-2014, 02:03 AM)SmithyGCN Wrote:
(01-26-2014, 03:19 PM)Mongoose Jetters Wrote: I always look at digital paintings and think "how the hell did they do that" cause whenever I try it just kind of

Same, same.
I've made some forays into digital painting, but I never got anywhere near as good as many of those artists. Gonna Puke

Such is life, no?
You're never as good as anyone else in the art world to that respect.

RE: Doodles and Finished Pieces - Kitsu - 01-28-2014

pixelart because I don't want to make my own thread
and since apparently I missed the launch window for gamegors ports

[Image: mgrRULESOFNATURE.png]

RE: Doodles and Finished Pieces - Garamonde - 02-06-2014

[Image: 6MFMb.png]

I'm in a Sonic doodling mood for some reason...

RE: Doodles and Finished Pieces - Sevenstitch - 02-06-2014

[Image: rangs.png]

me too

RE: Doodles and Finished Pieces - Sengir - 02-06-2014

[Image: 68915ad7930248c205b955149452771e.png]

RE: Doodles and Finished Pieces - Lexou Duck - 02-07-2014

[Image: olyPc4Y.png]

a bunch of different things

im totally doing power jesus graffiti from now on

EDIT

so i got a blurry picture but this happened

[Image: E8PIDZr.jpg]

some guy drew a deadpool with text "you can always erase it, it will always come back"
and i answered with POWER JESUS with text "jvais multiplier les pains dans ta gueule" with is like "i'll multiply bread in your face" except bread in your face is a french way of saying punch

RE: Doodles and Finished Pieces - StarSock64 - 02-09-2014

I made a lot of doodles last night and somebody suggested I post this one

[Image: m4yDt1X.png]

hm