The VG Resource
Fantasy Smash Project - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Spriting and Pixel Art (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-14.html)
+------ Forum: Sprite Projects (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-15.html)
+------ Thread: Fantasy Smash Project (/thread-510.html)

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - megazario - 11-15-2008

Thats because my only custom for this style realy sucks.

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - CeeY - 11-15-2008

(11-15-2008, 08:39 PM)megazario Wrote: Thats because my only custom for this style realy sucks.
Ok then at least post them so we can see.

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - megazario - 11-15-2008

Really I have tons of images it may take I while to find him.

(11-15-2008, 08:49 PM)megazario Wrote: Really I have tons of images it may take I while to find him.
Stop stalling, it's either you have them, or you don't.

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Devicho - 11-15-2008

(11-15-2008, 08:28 PM)omegakyogre Wrote: Regarding the bib: It's too big, perhaps? Nice work so far, either way. The only thing I can think of would be to rotate his arm down to a more relaxed position, because right now it looks a bit awkward sticking out like it is now.
It doesn't seem too big to me. It normally covers most, if not all of, his torso. I was thinking more along the lines of fixing the teeth drawn on it. As for his arm, you're right, I should make it more relaxed. I'll get to changing it when I make the other arm.

(11-15-2008, 08:36 PM)HyperSonic92 Wrote: Awesome Bowser Jr sprite. Hows this for a moveset:
B = Fire Breath
B> = Shell Shock (like Squritle's)
B^ = Paintbrush Copter
BV = Sonic Screech
FS = his Battleship

Also you might wanna update the list. I'm taking over Ridley, and maybe Rayman
Well, he's only been seen to breathe fire in MSC, and barely anything came out anyway, so I don't think a fire-breathing move would suit him. I thought of a shell attack, but it would be more like the shell attack of his in NSMB rather than sliding around in it. I wasn't sure of a B^ attack; maybe something like the paint portals in SMS that Mario went through to access stages. Sonic Roar would be fine IMO.

For his FS, I thought about Mecha Bowser, but thinking about it it seems too LANDMASTERRRRR to me.

Thank you for the compliment on the sprite, by the way. :>

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Gaia - 11-15-2008

(11-15-2008, 08:57 PM)Devicho Wrote:
(11-15-2008, 08:28 PM)omegakyogre Wrote: Regarding the bib: It's too big, perhaps? Nice work so far, either way. The only thing I can think of would be to rotate his arm down to a more relaxed position, because right now it looks a bit awkward sticking out like it is now.
It doesn't seem too big to me. It normally covers most, if not all of, his torso. I was thinking more along the lines of fixing the teeth drawn on it. As for his arm, you're right, I should make it more relaxed. I'll get to changing it when I make the other arm.

(11-15-2008, 08:36 PM)HyperSonic92 Wrote: Awesome Bowser Jr sprite. Hows this for a moveset:
B = Fire Breath
B> = Shell Shock (like Squritle's)
B^ = Paintbrush Copter
BV = Sonic Screech
FS = his Battleship

Also you might wanna update the list. I'm taking over Ridley, and maybe Rayman
Well, he's only been seen to breathe fire in MSC, and barely anything came out anyway, so I don't think a fire-breathing move would suit him. I thought of a shell attack, but it would be more like the shell attack of his in NSMB rather than sliding around in it. I wasn't sure of a B^ attack; maybe something like the paint portals in SMS that Mario went through to access stages. Sonic Roar would be fine IMO.

For his FS, I thought about Mecha Bowser, but thinking about it it seems too LANDMASTERRRRR to me.

Thank you for the compliment on the sprite, by the way. :>
People forgetting about his Sonic Roar ability. that should be his FS instead.

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Omegakyogre - 11-15-2008

(11-15-2008, 08:33 PM)CoolYoshi Wrote: @Omegakyorge, great job with the animation, but the flames should have more detail.

(Technically it's supposed to be electricity, but the distinction is arbitrary, I suppose, for these purposes)

I used Dreamland 3's spark as a guide; the animation looks just like it does in Dreamland 3, only larger (The colors for the electricity are the same, also). I hear what you're saying, and I could argue that it's supposed to look blank like that, but given that the sprite has been enlarged it couldn't hurt to try for another shade or two. I'm on it.

EDIT: I added some anti-aliasing as well as some other details to make it more interesting. Is this what you had in mind?
[Image: GooeyDetailExample.png]
(Old on the right, new on the left)

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Wes - 11-15-2008

Devicho, as usual, has the best Bowser Jr sprites ever. As it was said before, that arm could be more relaxed. The pose you drew him in looks like it'd be the height of an idle animation. Like, he'd swing his arms, and you drew his arm at maximum height of the swing. I don't know what you plan on incorperating into his moveset, but maybe the paintbrush would help with some attacks. I've been toying around with a possible Bowser Jr. moveset. These are just a bunch of different moves, not a whole moveset.

Bv: Shell Shock- he hides in his shell and flashes a bit. if hi t during the flash, he pops out of the shell and knocks the opponent far away. Just like Ike/Marth/Peach/Lucario's counter move.

Bv: Shadow Mario Tranformation- pulls the bib over his mouth, turns blue, and transforms into Shadow Mario.

*B^: Paintbrush Slide- sort of an original concept for a move. He pull the brush back and start flashing, signifying that he's charging. While charging, his direction can be turned. The longer you hold the charge, the longer time you'll have to slide. Similar to Diddy Kong's B^ in the fact that you can only aim urself while charging and charge to go further. The difference being that after you release the charge, he'll hold the paintbrush in front of him and make a solid path of paint which he then runs on. As he runs, he draws more of a path, and you can steer the path, too. If someone else steps on the path, they can stand on it, but they'll slide around as thoug it were ice. Once you stop moving when the charge runs out, the path dissappears.

*B>: Paintbrush Slide- Same as above, only you don't charge it yourself. It charges slowly over time, like Wario's Bv. At full charge, you start glowing a bit, and you fly really far during the slide. But when not charged, you go nowhere.

*B^: M Teleport- He quickly draws a red M in midair as a portal, and jumps in. Then, you jump out of another portal thats some distance away. The direction normally goes straight up, but it can be steered like Mewtwo/Zelda's teleport.

B: Paintball- He swings the brush in front of him and sends a ball of goop flying. it falls downward at a 45* angle if used in midair. If nto used in midair, or if used close enough to the ground that it hits before dissapearing, it slides along the surface, leaving a trail of slime that other characters will slide on. Has a chance of being electric or burning slime, also.

*B^: Paintbrush Copter- He spins the paintbrush above his head like a helicopter, and can hover in midair or move in any upward direction, similar to Pit's B^. It lasts about as long, too.

Note that all moves with a * next to them mean that they can also be used as a Shadow Mario B move.

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Kairos - 11-15-2008

New, Less Shitty List, GO!

(11-15-2008, 10:31 PM)Rags Wrote: New, Less Shitty List, GO!
Hate to tell you but, that's still shitty, :/ sorry. You forgot the new shyguy, Pik's Quote, and something that SGG made. I for[/align]got what it was though.

A new Shyguy? I haven't updates Shyguy since I made him.

Anyways, I'l seach thread and see if I can find SGG's sprite.

EDIT: Found it, It's the improved AC Villager. I'll add it.

Yes, you did to have seem forgotten about *ahem* the other characters. like you said, you can try to add them later..

Anyway, we need less Characters and more ATs. (Figured it out, certain selections should be raped into the AT list, I even counted to nearly 41)

*ahem* You could *ahem* tell me *ahem* who I forgot...*ahem*

(11-15-2008, 10:36 PM)CoolYoshi Wrote:
(11-15-2008, 10:31 PM)Rags Wrote: New, Less Shitty List, GO!
Hate to tell you but, that's still shitty, :/ sorry. You forgot the new shyguy, Pik's Quote, and something that SGG made. I for[/align]got what it was though.

One of those I "Quote"d. pretty obvious really. oh, as for the Mega Man, have you tried LoLoLo's blue for the dark blue?

Good Idea. I'll post the new Colors and I'll let you all choose.

Also, I wanna edit Quote to look like his Wii appearance. Think Pik would mind?

Alright, I'm Updating Sukapon, adding Villager and Quote to WIP. Also adding Orbulon to free list. Did I forget anything?