The VG Resource
Fantasy Smash Project - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Spriting and Pixel Art (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-14.html)
+------ Forum: Sprite Projects (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-15.html)
+------ Thread: Fantasy Smash Project (/thread-510.html)

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Gors - 11-09-2008

(11-08-2008, 10:58 PM)sky_blue_wiggler Wrote: I WANT TO DO HIS IN-GAME DESIGN!!! I don't wanna do his official art. I don't wanna do his NxC version. I WANT TO DO THE VERSION OF HIM IN HIS FIRST GAME!!!

Sorry about that... I just hate repeating things...

Then do it. No one's stopping you.

I think...

Gaia Wrote:...if you really want someone for Brawl, take a girl from Lucky Star, give her a moveset, and wait for fanservice.

Do want.

On-topic, I'm working on Marina from Mischief Makers. I've been thinking on some normal A attacks... I'll post my sprites soon. I need to find the sheet...

EDIT: here.

[Image: marinassbji6.png]

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Solink - 11-09-2008

I shaded the baby bowser lineart SBW did and also edited the mii by Link-Guy(I hope he don't mind :X)
[Image: babyb.png]
If someone would like me to edit his sprites, I'll gladly do it Tongue

EDIT: great sprite gorsal Big Grin

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Ton - 11-09-2008

Marina's looking good. Her face looks a bit off though. Didn't someone already start Baby Bowser?

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Solink - 11-09-2008

(11-09-2008, 11:40 AM)Tonberry2k Wrote: Marina's looking good. Her face looks a bit off though. Didn't someone already start Baby Bowser?
no
only Bowser Jr

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - killme - 11-09-2008

(11-08-2008, 11:09 PM)Geo the Fox Wrote: @SBW: His feet are too small, his legs shouldn't be visible, he has shading--he shouldn't--, the top part of his head looks more like a wing instead of a head-fin-thing, the blue is too dark, the red is too dark, the face isn't curved enough around the back, he's too tall, his head is too big, the eyes are too big by extension, he's missing arms, the thing on his back is probably too small, but his body is too big anyway so it's probably fine, get rid of the shine in his eyes, the angle is off, the head-fin is also too small, but that might be accommodated when you shrink the head, the thing he's holding could stand to be longer, even IF he was supposed to have shading--he's not, cause he's classic--the contrast is both inconsistent and too little.

I want him to look like the original design, but slightly revamped, like with shading. But I'll try and fix those many things...

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Gaia - 11-10-2008

(11-09-2008, 11:40 AM)Tonberry2k Wrote: Marina's looking good. Her face looks a bit off though.

Yeah, Marina's face is a little off, she seems to be looking "upward", because of the position of her mouth, try lowering it by a pixel. That or her eye looks a little streched out. and for a more "realistic" look, try shading her forehead a little, but not too much.

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - killme - 11-10-2008

Is this any better?
[Image: therealdigdugkj5.png]

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Ton - 11-10-2008

I guess I'm the only one who prefers the more humanoid Dig-Dug guy.

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - killme - 11-10-2008

(11-10-2008, 11:00 PM)Tonberry2k Wrote: I guess I'm the only one who prefers the more humanoid Dig-Dug guy.

Why does everybody frown upon my idea? I'm more than likely going to do this guy, too.

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Kairos - 11-10-2008

(11-10-2008, 11:00 PM)Tonberry2k Wrote: I guess I'm the only one who prefers the more humanoid Dig-Dug guy.

No. SBW is the only one who prefers ten non-humanoid Dig-Dug. Everyone else like the Human version.

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - GDKN - 11-11-2008

Technically the classic Taizo, was humanoid, but his classic sprites are the kind that don't show much of his features at all, so you can't really tell. (ex: pac man)

I like the NxC version the most (thats why I made his sprite) because he looks alot more fighting game prepared, more physical capability(lol the ability to jump perhaps?), overall cooler look, and its one of his more current looks. (the other being the Mr. Driller one, but that's too cartoony)

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Gors - 11-11-2008

I edited the face a bit, but I'm not sure it's good. Also, made an WIP idle.

[Image: marinassbtg0.gif]

C+C?

EDIT: I also like the cartoony in-game Dig Dug, but I think the NxC version of him would suit better into the game.

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Gaia - 11-11-2008

(11-11-2008, 03:29 PM)gorsal Wrote: I edited the face a bit, but I'm not sure it's good. Also, made an WIP idle.

[Image: marinassbtg0.gif]

C+C?

EDIT: I also like the cartoony in-game Dig Dug, but I think the NxC version of him would suit better into the game.

@ SBW: Or just better yet drop him, to avoid further issues. (Like I had, why I stopped choosing characters)

@ Gorsal: And the face looks better, but the idle looks like it may need to have more like it's N64 counterpart. (looks like doing a small doward punch)

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - killme - 11-11-2008

(11-11-2008, 01:19 AM)GDKN Wrote: Technically the classic Taizo, was humanoid, but his classic sprites are the kind that don't show much of his features at all, so you can't really tell. (ex: pac man)

I like the NxC version the most (thats why I made his sprite) because he looks alot more fighting game prepared, more physical capability(lol the ability to jump perhaps?), overall cooler look, and its one of his more current looks. (the other being the Mr. Driller one, but that's too cartoony)

I can still make him if I want. And Olimar never had the ability to jump in his games, but they added that on. Does the SPRITE look any better, besides the fact that he isn't the humanoid version?

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Kitsu - 11-11-2008

@SBW, well, the sprite looks okay. He should probably be leaning more forward than backward, because of the thing on his back.

@Gorsal, that looks pretty good.