The VG Resource
Fantasy Smash Project - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Spriting and Pixel Art (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-14.html)
+------ Forum: Sprite Projects (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-15.html)
+------ Thread: Fantasy Smash Project (/thread-510.html)

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Ton - 07-21-2009

(07-21-2009, 12:12 PM)Tuna Unleashed Wrote: [Image: vjoealtidle.gif]

I think I might be willing to break the "one 3rd party character" rule for this.

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - rukifellth - 07-21-2009

I think the best thing would be perhaps two characters from each company, and perhaps limit the 3rd party companies to 3 or 4 or 5 depending on how many rows there are...

Joe should defenitely be for CAPCOM Smile and perhaps Megaman.exe, or for a major surprice, Arthur from GnG...

Konami could either have Simon Belmont or Solar Boy Django, because both are Hideo Kojima games, that and if mixed with Megaman.exe, it would be possible to recreate the crossover. Tongue

Sega, hmmm... Tails... well he would probably play alot like Sonic with some changes, mostly to his B move and Up B that would be his plasma gun from Sonic Battle, and the Up B being his propeller tails...

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - tsr moderation staff - 07-21-2009

(07-21-2009, 02:04 PM)rukifellth Wrote: I think the best thing would be perhaps two characters from each company,
agreed

Joe should defenitely be for CAPCOM yes Smile and perhaps Megaman.exe no, classic mega, or for a major surprice, Arthur from GnG...he seems like he would be a better assist

Konami could either have Simon Belmont or Solar Boy Django, because both are Hideo Kojima games, that and if mixed with Megaman.exe, it would be possible to recreate the crossover. Tongue
probably simon, django seems like a better assist

Sega, hmmm... Tails... well he would probably play alot like Sonic with some changes, mostly to his B move and Up B that would be his plasma gun from Sonic Battle, and the Up B being his propeller tails...
i would make sega's from a different series. vectorman maybe?
oh yeah, also
[Image: vjoealtduck.gif]

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - blah475 - 07-21-2009

(07-21-2009, 01:58 PM)Tonberry2k Wrote:

I think I might be willing to break the "one 3rd party character" rule for this.
I think 3 is good. Sonic, Shadow, and Silver must be together.
Because of the Sonic the hedgehog game for PS3. Snake Needs a bad guy like Liquid snake.
And X is mentally retarded, Mega Man.exe is cooler looking and has more abilities.

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Ton - 07-21-2009

Shadow and Silver can suck it. If any other Sonic characters are included it'll be someone who matters.

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Kitsu - 07-21-2009

It looks good. I do think I should point out that his hands could probably move a bit more (as in, actually rotating a bit or something) and his right leg (closer one) looks a bit noodly.

(07-21-2009, 02:53 PM)blah475 Wrote:
(07-21-2009, 01:58 PM)Tonberry2k Wrote:

I think 3 is good. Sonic, Shadow, and Silver must be together.
Because of the Sonic the hedgehog game for PS3. Snake Needs a bad guy like Liquid snake.
And X is mentally retarded, Mega Man.exe is cooler looking and has more abilities.
this is, plain and simple, the absolute worst post i have ever seen

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Gors - 07-21-2009

Can't agree more.
Click me for SSB Marina's new update.

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - killme - 07-21-2009

SEGA-Sonic, Vectorman, Kid Chameleon
KONAMI-Snake, Simon Belmount, Frogger
NAMCO-Pacman, Kos-mos, Dig-Dug
HUDSON-Bomberman, Bonk, (?)
CAPCOM-Megaman, Viewtiful Joe, Dante?

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Gaia - 07-21-2009

I'd go with Ryu (Street Fighter) or Jill (Resident Evil) in place for Dante. Hudson.. I don't know, did they make Areo the Acrobat? it was quite awhile since I last played it.

imo we should only do two per third party for now. also, with all the great franchises and standalones made by konami, you picked frogger? really?

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - DioShiba - 07-21-2009

going to fix this list a bit
(07-21-2009, 04:13 PM)Sky_Blue_Wiggler Wrote: SEGA-Sonic, Vectorman, Nights(?), Beat(?)
KONAMI-Snake, Simon Belmount (tough one to add a third, but if anything frogger wouldn't be a good choice)
NAMCO-Pacman, Dig-Dug, Klonoa
HUDSON-Bomberman, Bonk,
CAPCOM-Megaman, Viewtiful Joe, Ryu

there

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Kairos - 07-21-2009

(07-21-2009, 04:13 PM)Sky_Blue_Wiggler Wrote: SEGA-Sonic, Vectorman, Kid Chameleon
KONAMI-Snake, Simon Belmount, Frogger
NAMCO-Pacman, Kos-mos, Dig-Dug
HUDSON-Bomberman, Bonk, (?)
CAPCOM-Megaman, Viewtiful Joe, Dante?

Your list is horrible.

SEGA-Sonic, Aiai, NiGHTS
KONAMI-Snake, Simon Belmount, Goemon
NAMCO-Klonoa, Kos-mos, Cless Alvin (Seriosuly Dig-dug getting into to smash is slim to none.)
HUDSON-Bomberman, Bonk, Master Higgins
CAPCOM-Megaman, Ryu, Morrigan Aensland

And note, half of the charter/series up there I don't even like. I'm looking from a realistic viewpoint.

EDIT: Honestly, this discussion shouldn't be here. It should be in the game project. Move it there.

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Kitsu - 07-21-2009

It'd be kinda funny to see the Gradius Moai head again.

Anyway, I think the question of who to include should be left in the Smash Bros Project board. Remember, the original intent of this second project was to allow other people to sprite whatever other video game character they wished in the same style as the SBP, in case anyone ever wanted to use them.

In other words, if someone, God forbid, decided to do Master Chief, he has every right to ask for it to be included in this particular project.

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Jdaster64 - 07-21-2009

Having Pac-Man or Dig-Dug/Taizo Hori for Namco wouldn't necessarily be bad...