The VG Resource
Fantasy Smash Project - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Spriting and Pixel Art (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-14.html)
+------ Forum: Sprite Projects (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-15.html)
+------ Thread: Fantasy Smash Project (/thread-510.html)

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Gors - 07-18-2009

Agreed. If Smash Project is doing fine, I don't see why Fantasy Smash won't.

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Negative-Zer0 - 07-18-2009

Because in he fantasy smash you make your own characters. The smash bros project has set characters.

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Gors - 07-18-2009

hmmm... that's true... we have infinite possibilities in Fantasy Smash...

what if we limit the number of characters? We could add more when one character is done, and have the old threads deleted or locked. I think it would be better than this mess.

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Kitsu - 07-18-2009

This project isn't big enough to warrant its own sub-forum. If we all wanted our own topic, then we might as well all just go on over to the Sprite Discussion board. Not to mention, this project is only an unofficial part of the main project; just because a character is in this project doesn't mean that he is obligated to be included in the SBP game, which will probably be the main reason anyone would want to join in this project in the first place.

Anyway, some WIP Marina walking:
[Image: marinawalk.gif]
[Image: temp.tif]

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - MaverickETC - 07-18-2009

I think Fantasy Smash should be a sub-topic for the simple fact that it would be organized. The characters may not be apart of the Smash Bros game, but the sprite requirements for Smash Bros. (The actions, movements, etc.) are good rubrics for other games and even flash movies. The sub-topic would help anyone find them.

These are some attempts I made recently. I meant to post them earlier:

[Image: megamanssbrunow.png]

[Image: maskedman.png]

Did Megaman custom, using Rags's as a reference. The Masked Man is edited; used the head.

I'm not sure if Megaman should be as tall as Mario, or a bit taller...or shorter.

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Stirred Drei Ling - 07-18-2009

Honestly, both yours and Rags Mega Man is too big, if Mario is as small as that Mega Man should be propotionate to him, being a 10 year old.

The Masked Man is coming good, but the helmet needs more contrast. I doubt I'll get around to making my own Mega Man or X like I planned way back when.

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - blah475 - 07-18-2009

Actually, Megaman exe looked like this.
[Image: megamanexe.png]

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - CeeY - 07-18-2009

(07-18-2009, 05:05 PM)MaverickETC Wrote: I think Fantasy Smash should be a sub-topic for the simple fact that it would be organized. The characters may not be apart of the Smash Bros game, but the sprite requirements for Smash Bros. (The actions, movements, etc.) are good rubrics for other games and even flash movies. The sub-topic would help anyone find them.

These are some attempts I made recently. I meant to post them earlier:

[Image: megamanssbrunow.png]

[Image: maskedman.png]

Did Megaman custom, using Rags's as a reference. The Masked Man is edited; used the head.

I'm not sure if Megaman should be as tall as Mario, or a bit taller...or shorter.
Nice edit, but his pants need more of more of an orange color.

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Kairos - 07-18-2009

(07-18-2009, 09:18 PM)blah475 Wrote: Actually, Megaman exe looked like this.

Except

it's not Megaman.exe

it's classic mega man

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - evilwaluigi - 07-18-2009

I love to come in here and see whats going on and i really am all for the subforum because im always just like what is everyone saying looks good!? and its like a bagillion pages back and everything jumbled. so you guys got my vote on the good idea of a sub forum for fantasy smash

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - CeeY - 07-18-2009

(07-18-2009, 10:46 PM)evilwaluigi Wrote: I love to come in here and see whats going on and i really am all for the subforum because im always just like what is everyone saying looks good!? and its like a bagillion pages back and everything jumbled. so you guys got my vote on the good idea of a sub forum for fantasy smash
People are saying it's not big enough of a project to have its own subfourm, like the Smash Bros Project itself.

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - blah475 - 07-19-2009

(07-18-2009, 10:20 PM)Rags Wrote:
(07-18-2009, 09:18 PM)blah475 Wrote: Actually, Megaman exe looked like this.

Except

it's not Megaman.exe

it's classic mega man
I have the megaman X collection for game cube. The classic megaman's name was really X.
How about the Arbiter from Halo 3.

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Kairos - 07-19-2009

(07-19-2009, 05:12 PM)blah475 Wrote: I have the megaman X collection for game cube. The classic megaman's name was really X.
How about the Arbiter from Halo 3.

There are no amonut of words in the english dictionary that can explain gow much I raged when I read this post.

EDIT: To clear this up

Mega Man X and Mega Man for the Classic series

Are. Not. The. Same. Robots.

also stop requesting shitty characters.

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - MaverickETC - 07-19-2009

Alright, thanks guys Genki ^_^. I'll get to work on those.

Also, I'm not working on Megaman.EXE Blank

And Arbiter woudn't be kinda weird T_T, as much as I like Halo.
But if ever feel like it, I'll try to work on him...

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Boo - 07-19-2009

(07-06-2009, 06:37 PM)Goomba X Wrote: [Image: Mumbo2.gif]
I made head a bit more smaller, but I dont like the body that I made for some reason Rolleyes
EDIT:
[Image: Mumbo3.gif]
tried fixing the arms a bit so they look more relaxed

Haha, wow.. I didn't even notice this yet. Awesome job.