The VG Resource
Fantasy Smash Project - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Spriting and Pixel Art (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-14.html)
+------ Forum: Sprite Projects (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-15.html)
+------ Thread: Fantasy Smash Project (/thread-510.html)

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Rosencrantz - 07-06-2009

what the hell why do I keep trying
[Image: Yeahscrewthis.png]

I tell myself "no stop this sucks" but I keep trying to work on it

dammit

also I'm personally afraid of that smiling face with his POW taunt there

Really, if someone wants to fix/work on this, go right on ahead. I thought up a moveset for him, for anyone who's interested:
B: Killing Gloves of Boxing - The Heavy winds up like Donkey Kong's B move, and delivers a giant wallop with his KGBs.
Smash B: Sasha - The Heavy pulls his minigun out of nowhere, takes a second to rev up, and then unloads.
Up B: Shotgun - The Heavy simply pulls out a high-powered shotgun and fires it. It acts like the Force-A-Nature; it has a high knockback. And, if used in the air, he holds it downward and fires it, propelling himself upward.
Down B: Sandvich - The Heavy pulls out and then takes a bite out of his Sandvich. It works like Jigglypuff's Sleep move (or it heals damage idk)

and then we have his three taunts (with Showdown being a damage taunt). He runs around with his fists out, using weapons only with B moves.

but idk if I want to continue this or not :<
Someone else can pick this up if they want to :D

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Tero - 07-06-2009

The only problem I see is that the legs are out too forward for his body and that he doesn't have a visible nose. I think Natasha would work better as a Smash B, not too strong but slows whatever it hits.

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - D2S-Speed - 07-06-2009

(07-06-2009, 06:37 PM)Goomba X Wrote: [Image: Mumbo2.gif]
I made head a bit more smaller, but I dont like the body that I made for some reason Rolleyes
EDIT:
[Image: Mumbo3.gif]
tried fixing the arms a bit so they look more relaxed

good work on Mumbo he was funny in Banjo Kazooie

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Kairos - 07-06-2009

Not only did you bring up a ridiculously unfunny and old post, but you made it even unfunnier.

Grats'.

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - D2S-Speed - 07-06-2009

@Blah475
Seriously What The Hell.......Allow me to direct your attention to the following picture, telling you what to do!

[Image: 1160682407907.jpg]

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Ton - 07-06-2009

Someone should make Layton. Tongue

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - D2S-Speed - 07-07-2009

(07-06-2009, 10:37 PM)Tonberry2k Wrote: Someone should make Layton. Tongue

Professor Layton From that DS game what would his attacks be? Smile

Also sky_blue_wiggler bought up this great idea in the smash project
we should have fantasy smash items in this project....I got a few items in mind for some characters!

Megaman's Items - E Tank - Regains some of your HP percentage

Master Chief Item - Plasma Gerenade - Sticks to your opponent like the gooey bomb!

Those are just the top of my head so what do you guys think about the idea!
Remember Sky_Blue_Wiggler thought of this

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Star - 07-07-2009

(07-06-2009, 06:37 PM)Goomba X Wrote: [Image: Mumbo2.gif]
I made head a bit more smaller, but I dont like the body that I made for some reason Rolleyes
EDIT:
[Image: Mumbo3.gif]
tried fixing the arms a bit so they look more relaxed
Sorry Goomba X but I already sprited Mumbo...he's an assist trophy. I need to start working on them again.

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - blah475 - 07-07-2009

The E Tank should heal 25% of damage.
Item Ideas:
-----
Hydra: like dragoon but the target is bigger and slower (kirby)
Blue Wing Shell: Hits winnig player, if the winning player throws it, it hits the losing player (Mario Kart)
Ice Flower: Like fire flower but ice (Super Mario Galaxy)
Sub Space Box/Barrel: A box/Barrel that releases a subspace enemy when it explodes.(Sub Space Emissary)

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - killme - 07-07-2009

Ultra-Spicy Spray-You automatically spray it on yourself when you pick it up making you faster and stronger (Pikmin)
Ultra-Bitter Spray-Spray it on an opponent to turn them to stone for about 15 seconds (Pikmin)
Cigarette-Thinking of a way to make this work. It'd be bad is all I got so far (Metal Gear)
Maybe some different Starman-like items like Lollipop (Kirby). Kinda likes crates and barrels, the star would change depending on the level?

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - HyperSonic92 - 07-08-2009

Good idea on the items SBW.

I was wanting to make a Sonic item: a ring. It kinda acts like an explosive but instead of an explosion, it electrocutes the victim.
Oh, and maybe some Raccoon Hats (from Super Mario Bros 3) and when you get them, you grow a pair of raccoon ears and a tail and you can temporarily glide (if the character you're using can't that is)

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Gors - 07-08-2009

[Image: marinassbtake2.png]

REDO?

Y/N

PS: She's not in fighting stance yet; I'll work on it if it gets chosen.

Also, I'll change her face a bit...

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Negative-Zer0 - 07-08-2009

Yea, no Yea no, Yea... NOOO. I am in favor of the old one. But then again, I cant sprite anyway so I wouldn't know anyway.

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - CeeY - 07-08-2009

(07-08-2009, 11:02 AM)gorsal Wrote: [Image: marinassbtake2.png]

REDO?

Y/N
It's too plain. It could use some more depth and an extra shade.

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Gaia - 07-08-2009

Obviously the new one is a few pixels bigger, a more accurate height of the character, but the old one had so much more progress done and has much more contrast than this one (It should have enough contrast of the current Smash Bros project to be considered in-style too). Tongue

@Ton: I got a few ideas for Layton, shouldn't be a problem, he will have wit/puzzle relaited moves too. Luckly I played the Curious Village demo awhile back, and liked it.

Basic B: Hat. He attacks you with his hat. Chargeable.

Foward B: Book. A ranged move, he throws a book at you out of wit. Unchargeable.

Down B: Cane and/or Umbrella: He attacks you with with with one of his props. Causes flinching.

FS: Ferris Wheel and/or Car: He runs you over with his car or the ferris wheel from Curious Village. you take a pick.