The VG Resource
Fantasy Smash Project - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Spriting and Pixel Art (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-14.html)
+------ Forum: Sprite Projects (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-15.html)
+------ Thread: Fantasy Smash Project (/thread-510.html)

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Gaia - 07-02-2009

Obviously needs a lot of work with the contrast (legs too dark, arms look pillowed, etc) , and I think he needs a more suitable stance too. It's a FIGHTING genere too, so he needs the stance for a fighter, and needs to look more human, face-wise and arm-wise, but the gun's decent.

I'd suggest using this as a reference to what I mean, but don't overdo it to the point that it's a trace.

[Image: card513.gif]

Credit to Ahuron (since I actually know the guy, slightly, he's a good person too. but knew from MSN and DA), obviously.

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - CeeY - 07-02-2009

(07-02-2009, 01:08 PM)Gaia Wrote: Obviously needs a lot of work with the contrast (legs too dark, arms look pillowed, etc) , and I think he needs a more suitable stance too. It's a FIGHTING genere too, so he needs the stance for a fighter, and needs to look more human, face-wise and arm-wise, but the gun's decent.

I'd suggest using this as a reference to what I mean, but don't overdo it to the point that it's a trace.

Credit to Ahuron (since I actually know the guy, slightly, he's a good person too. but knew from MSN and DA), obviously.
Pik made a Quote a while ago, and it's in this topic. Only problem is, hes inactive.

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - MaverickETC - 07-02-2009

So now that Toad's out of the way (I think...), any one have any suggestions for the next character?

Or I could do X?

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - MEDVOCK - 07-02-2009

(07-02-2009, 10:59 AM)Ariand54321 Wrote:
(07-01-2009, 10:39 PM)Bane84 Wrote:
(07-01-2009, 09:14 PM)MEDVOCK Wrote: I know this is probably a very invonvenient time to be posting this, as you are now starting to work on Toad, but I have actually almost completed a Toad spritesheet of my own. Took me bloody ages, so I hope you guys think it's okay:

http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/2086/toadspritesheetbymedvoc.png

Although this wasn't actually intended for this project (I pretty much just made it for Runouw's game), Runouw asked that I post it here, so, whalla.

All I really need to do now is edit a couple of the sprites, and finish the final smash.

Anyways, please let me know what you think.

This is... really epic. I bet that the SSF2 Expansions Forum is going to post a link to your sheet as an expansion (if they haven't already).
HOW THE HELL DID YOU KNOW!?
I am going to make the animations for the Expansion, Would Mind If use these sprites Medvock?
They're really Amazing!

Go right ahead Ariand! I'm glad you like them! Big Grin

All I ask in return, of course, is credit for making the sprites, but I'm sure that goes without saying.

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - AEM - 07-03-2009

Yes,
They DO Come All the Time with credit.
Also, Somebody wants to Edit your Toad sprites into a Mater Toada...
What Should I tell him?

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - MEDVOCK - 07-03-2009

(07-03-2009, 12:35 AM)Ariand54321 Wrote: Yes,
They DO Come All the Time with credit.
Also, Somebody wants to Edit your Toad sprites into a Mater Toada...
What Should I tell him?

You mean Master Toad from Paper Mario? I'm grateful he'd want to use my sprites to base him off, but I'm afraid he'll have to make his own. I'd rather nobody edited these sprites except me. Besides, I can't really see how the moveset I made would suit Master Toad anyway. Sorry about that!

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - CPU1 - 07-03-2009

Actually I'm working on a Star Wars Mario spoof called Ztar Wars. Toad will be Yoda. I'm not good at custom. But I could try custom if you don't want me to edit the sprites.

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - MEDVOCK - 07-03-2009

(07-03-2009, 02:37 AM)CPU1 Wrote: Actually I'm working on a Star Wars Mario spoof called Ztar Wars. Toad will be Yoda. I'm not good at custom. But I could try custom if you don't want me to edit the sprites.

Ah! I see. Yeah, sorry, but I'd rather you didn't edit them into Yoda. Have a go at making your own sprites -- you'd be surprised how good they could turn out!

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - CPU1 - 07-03-2009

Alright. I'll try it. I'm not BAD at custom. But I'm not GOOD at custom. I'll giv it a go tommorow.

EDIT:I made a Toad sprite. I will edit it to make it Toada tommorow since I decided to stay up another hour to make it.

EDIT EDIT:I made Toada!

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Kairos - 07-04-2009

Fine and Dandy and everything

but the fuck does it have to do with this project?

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Gaia - 07-04-2009

(07-02-2009, 02:17 PM)CeeY Wrote:
(07-02-2009, 01:08 PM)Gaia Wrote: Obviously needs a lot of work with the contrast (legs too dark, arms look pillowed, etc) , and I think he needs a more suitable stance too. It's a FIGHTING genere too, so he needs the stance for a fighter, and needs to look more human, face-wise and arm-wise, but the gun's decent.

Pik made a Quote a while ago, and it's in this topic. Only problem is, hes inactive.

If Pik's inactive, just a sheer guess that it would be most likely up for grabs, but only a tiny problem remains: the moveset.

Mostly, I've reached a point in-game where I NEED to go to the incubator, with all my current weapons. And at Lv3, the machine gun becomes a hovering device (jump, press down, and fire). Add to that, I belive the roster should be updated, gimmie a sec while I update it too.

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - SpencerEX - 07-05-2009

Banjo looked lonley, so I'm making one of his best buds. :b
Mumbo
[Image: Mumbo-1.gif]

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - A.J. Nitro - 07-05-2009

(07-05-2009, 05:15 PM)Goomba X Wrote: Banjo looked lonley, so I'm making one of his best buds. :b
Mumbo
[Image: Mumbo-1.gif]

Are you giving him his overalls or his skirt?

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - SpencerEX - 07-06-2009

[Image: Mumbo2.gif]
I made head a bit more smaller, but I dont like the body that I made for some reason Rolleyes
EDIT:
[Image: Mumbo3.gif]
tried fixing the arms a bit so they look more relaxed

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - A.J. Nitro - 07-06-2009

(07-06-2009, 06:37 PM)Goomba X Wrote: [Image: Mumbo2.gif]
I made head a bit more smaller, but I dont like the body that I made for some reason Rolleyes
EDIT:
[Image: Mumbo3.gif]
tried fixing the arms a bit so they look more relaxed

I think the upper half of the body should be more narrow.