The VG Resource
Fantasy Smash Project - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Spriting and Pixel Art (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-14.html)
+------ Forum: Sprite Projects (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-15.html)
+------ Thread: Fantasy Smash Project (/thread-510.html)

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Omegakyogre - 06-17-2009

I haven't given his moveset a lick of thought, actually. Feel free to throw out whatever for it.

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - MaverickETC - 06-17-2009

(06-15-2009, 04:29 PM)Tuna Unleashed Wrote:
(06-15-2009, 12:58 PM)MaverickETC Wrote: [Image: dusterstand.gif]

Big Grin ?

the point where his arm meets his body is at his neck. also his arms and legs are really noodly

K, Thanks =). I'll try and fix that. I personally thought he'd look better with the noodly limbs but I'll see if I can make him look different.

About Ridley's moveset, maybe:

B: Fireball - those little fireball's he shoots in almost all Metroid games. He could shoot them in spurts though
Dair: Tail Strike - spins around he's tail and strikes downward. (Spike?)
Up Throw: Grip - grabs opponents by the head, and slams the down. Kinda like R.O.B.'s up throw.
Up B: Fly - A simple flap of the wings to get higher. Or a cutting move with his wings, like Charizard's up+B, minus the spinning and using his wings to attack instead.
Down Throw: Slam - slams opponents like he does to Samus in Brawl, except on the ground.
Forward Throw: Incinerate - think a combination Mewtwo's forward throw and Charizard's down throw; Ridley holds his opponent in the air with one hand while spitting flames at him. Afterwards, he throws them forward. (On a side note, maybe the flames would sometimes miss the target and otherwise fly forward and potentially hit someone else, like Mewtwo's forward throw.)

Those are just some suggestions. I tried to dig threw past Ridley encounters with some of the moves Genki ^_^

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - killme - 06-17-2009

Ridley's intro should be his eye appearing first, then the rest of him appearing.

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - tsr moderation staff - 06-17-2009

Also, either as a final smash or a taunt, you should include Ridley-X in there.

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Shadowth117 - 06-17-2009

(06-17-2009, 10:10 PM)sky_blue_wiggler Wrote: Ridley's intro should be his eye appearing first, then the rest of him appearing.
I like this idea.

(06-17-2009, 10:25 PM)Tuna Unleashed Wrote: Also, either as a final smash or a taunt, you should include Ridley-X in there.
You're talking about the one from Metroid Fusion right? He's just a blue version of Ridley IIRC so he'd only be worth adding as a recolored costume.

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Angelglory - 06-18-2009

I don't really remember the moveset I'd planned for Ridley, aside from specials and a FS.

B: Plasma Breath: Acts like Samus's Charge Shot, except uncharged fireballs can be fired faster than an uncharged Charge Shot. The fireball can be charged for more damage. Maybe flames fuming from his mouth as a charge indicator. (Like the fireball attack when fighting Meta Ridley in SE.)
Up B: Pounce: Similar to Dedede's Super Jump, but Ridley can cancel his and go into a glide if he wants to.
Side B: Claw Swipe: Identical to Bowser's Koopa Klaw from Melee. Ridley swipes and, if successful, grabs an opponent. Then he can bite them for damage and/or toss them afterward. (I'm pretty sure Ridley's done this kind of attack before: I know he does it in MP3.)
Down B: Gale Wind: Ridley plants himself firmly on the ground and flaps his wings, pushing things away from him. Starts out weak but tapping B will make it stronger. A mixture of Mario's FLUDD and DK's Ground Slam.
Final Smash: Battering Ram: Ridley flies into the background. The player takes aim then Ridley comes hurdling towards the camera like a runaway train. (Homage to his first appearance in Super Metroid.)

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - HyperSonic92 - 06-18-2009

Well you could take Angelglory's Specials and FS and combined them with MaverickETC throws. That would be awesome. Here's my suggestions:
Combo: Two swipes with his claws and swing his tail
Side Smash: Slam his fists down forward
Grab Attack: Bites the opponent
Taunt 1: Roars to the sky

Also Meta Ridley would be an awesome alt. costume

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Kitsu - 06-18-2009

Ridley's grab attack can also be just a simple smack...

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - CeeY - 06-18-2009

What about Ridley's tilts?

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - HyperSonic92 - 06-18-2009

Either his side or down tilt would involve his tail maybe

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Devicho - 06-19-2009

Guess who hasn't posted anything here in forever?
Changed Bowser Jr.'s idle stance, now I gotta make more frames and animate it.
[Image: ssbbbowserjr.png]
C+C?

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - HyperSonic92 - 06-19-2009

(06-19-2009, 02:25 AM)Devicho Wrote: Guess who hasn't posted anything here in forever?
Changed Bowser Jr.'s idle stance, now I gotta make more frames and animate it.
[Image: ssbbbowserjr.png]
C+C?
Awesome Bowser Jr sprite. can't wait to see it animated

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Angelglory - 06-19-2009

Bowser Jr. looks orssome~

Anywho, finally finished an animation of Farore (actually contains two separate actions):
[Image: 5esk2f.jpg]

All she needs now is falling to the ground after coming out of the Assist Trophy then she's done.

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Black Boo - 06-19-2009

Good to hear AG.

Oh yeah, mind if I tweak that Nayru sprite to an idle pose/animation?

Er...nevermind. I'll just leave that to you. ^-^;

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Angelglory - 06-21-2009

Well, its ironic but even though using the image attach thing is sorta unwanted, it's the only way I can post sprites now, so...yeah.

Anyway, Farore casting and using Farore's Wind is in my previous post.