The VG Resource
Fantasy Smash Project - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Spriting and Pixel Art (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-14.html)
+------ Forum: Sprite Projects (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-15.html)
+------ Thread: Fantasy Smash Project (/thread-510.html)

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Rosencrantz - 05-13-2009

I am Heavy Weapons Guy

and you are ALL EETY-BEETY-TEENY-WEENY-PUNY LEETLE BABEEZ

YOU ARE SOOO SMALL
EET'S FUNNY TO MEE

what the hell is wrong with me?

anyway, since apparently my Simon sprite doesn't exist anymore, and my Travis sprite has no comments (I still hate it, but some crits would be welcome), I'm including them with my Heavy sprite

[Image: FantasySmashRosteroB2Ko.png]

You can't tell me the Heavy would be awesome for Brawl

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Kitsu - 05-13-2009

Heavy has noodle arm. However, it's definitely the best of the three there.
...Though Sniper would be more fun...

Guy in the middle's hair looks more like a helmet. His legs also look weird.

Travis's face looks really weird.

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Rosencrantz - 05-13-2009

(05-13-2009, 03:32 PM)Sploder Wrote: Heavy has noodle arm. However, it's definitely the best of the three there.
...Though Sniper would be more fun...

Guy in the middle's hair looks more like a helmet. His legs also look weird.

Travis's face looks really weird.

Thanks!

The Heavy was kinda hard due to the fact that he had noodle arms in the refs I used. I'm in the process of fixing it up.

Simon was definitely harder due to the fact that
a) I have no concept of the human muscular system (but I needed the practice), and
b) I can't figure out how to make his hair less helmet-like without making it look like crap
plus he was my first-ever serious sprite for Fantasy Smash anyway, so I'll try to fix him eventually~

and Travis
well
I can't seem to do a damn thing about Travis's face :<
The sunglasses just don't work out well (they blend too much in with the face), and I tried to give him a pointy chin as with his original design.

I appreciate the crits, though :>

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - BrawlLuvr - 05-19-2009

(09-08-2008, 08:38 AM)Nintendo_6444 Wrote: [Image: MahBoshi.png]
My attempt at Boshi. Based off the SMRPG sprite and official art.

looks great just change his pose since it's an evil character. Just think of a real mean, nasty version of yoshi; don't get rid of them!!!

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Omegakyogre - 05-19-2009

It's... It's... Done..!

[Image: Gooey_Sheet_Icon.png]

Satisfactory?

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Boo - 05-19-2009

Oh my god, it's done! Haha, fucking insane work. Excellent job, on the Special Attack's, would be cool to see some animated. :]

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Bane84 - 05-19-2009

It's finally done! I wish I could say I find the moves to be familiar, but I've never played Kirby's Dream Land 3, unfortunately. Perhaps I'll have to go take a look. BTW, lol on the Dair.

After looking this over, I noticed a few missing animations:
  • Back Throw
  • KOed
  • Grab Attack
  • Intro

I think you got a majority of the rest though. Nice job.

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - tsr moderation staff - 05-19-2009

Excellent job, I need some work on the viewtiful joe stuff. I'll get back at that sometime.

(05-19-2009, 06:03 AM)Bane84 Wrote: After looking this over, I noticed a few missing animations:
  • Back Throw
  • KOed
  • Grab Attack
  • Intro

I was hoping people wouldn't notice the back throw, haha. I'll add it today.
It's Smash Bros, you're only KOed when you fall outside of the screen... What exactly are you looking for?
Grab Attack I forgot about, should be easy enough to add.
I don't have any ideas for an intro. Do you guys have any?

By the way, his Down Air is easily my favorite attack:
[Image: GooeyDownAir.gif]

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Bane84 - 05-19-2009

(05-19-2009, 12:40 PM)omegakyogre Wrote: I was hoping people wouldn't notice the back throw, haha. I'll add it today.
It's Smash Bros, you're only KOed when you fall outside of the screen... What exactly are you looking for?
Grab Attack I forgot about, should be easy enough to add.
I don't have any ideas for an intro. Do you guys have any?

By the way, his Down Air is easily my favorite attack:
[Image: GooeyDownAir.gif]

I probably should have been more specific. By KOed I mean when the character is laying on the ground after falling. They lay face down or face up. At this point, you either press left or right to roll out of that state, press up to get up, or press A or B to perform a get up attack.

(05-19-2009, 12:43 PM)Bane84 Wrote: ave been more specific. By KOed I mean when the character is laying on the ground after falling. They lay face down or face up. At this point, you either press left or right to roll out of that state, press up to get up, or press A or B to perform a get up attack.

The first three can be done with the 'damage recovery' set, with the first sprite of the set being Gooey lying on the ground, and the rest of the sprites being the actual recovery. I'll add another set with a roll to distinguish it, though. As for attacking, at can be done without creating any new sprites, but, hey, I might as well place a set there anyway.

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Angelglory - 05-19-2009

It may be nitpicking, but he also doesn't have miscellenous actions like item use or swimming and stuff. Not stuff that is nessecarily needed, but hey, thought I'd mention it. .__.Sweatdrop

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - killme - 05-19-2009

That is sweet!

...But I've found some missing things (Besides the stuff others pointed out)...
1. 2 other taunts
2. More than 1 victory pose
3. Not necessary, but it would be nice for some names for the special moves/final smash

Besides that, it's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen!

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - A.J. Nitro - 05-19-2009

(05-19-2009, 02:01 AM)omegakyogre Wrote: It's... It's... Done..!

[Image: Gooey_Sheet_Icon.png]

Satisfactory?

My God! It's awesome!

Thanks, everyone.
Regarding swimming poses/item usage: There're are two reasons why those more rarely used actions aren't included:
1) Gooey is a limbless blob. A good deal of those actions can be created using the sprites on that sheet, at mostwith a bit of editing. However:
2) There are so many of those poses that would have to be done, it'd take forever to create all of them. That's why I think they should be created on an as-needed basis. At some point, you just have to draw the line, and I really want to move on to something else.

I'm not sure if the two extra taunts are really needed... But hey, I'll give 'em a try. Same thing with another victory pose.
Naming the special moves/ Final Smash is easy enough, I'll include it as well.

Every time I make an update to the sheet, I delete the old one and re-upload the new one under the same link, so the image in the first post always links to the newest sheet. If you can't see any changes at all, and you know I've made a recent change, clearing your browser's cache will fix it.

I'll let everyone know when I'm finished; until then, I'll be adding the following sets:
Back Throw (almost done)
Grab Attack
Intro
Two more taunts
One more Victory pose

Anything else missing?