The VG Resource
Fantasy Smash Project - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Spriting and Pixel Art (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-14.html)
+------ Forum: Sprite Projects (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-15.html)
+------ Thread: Fantasy Smash Project (/thread-510.html)

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - tacopronto - 04-28-2009

i suppose they may be a bit too dark. But the colors I had before made him look a little too cartoony. And I think the dark colors add a grittier element that's kind of cool to see in a character like balloon fighter. Here's the moveset I had for him (like olimar a lot of his moves rely on whether or not he has balloons):

B: Balloon pump - press 5 times in succession for one balloon, max 3 balloons. The balloons effect how many times balloon fighter can jump and also how fast he runs (the more balloons the slower he runs).
B>: Flipper Toss - Balloon Fighter throws a flipper that has momentum only for a little while but then pauses in air and spins rapidly for a couple of seconds then disappears. The flipper behaves exactly like it did in melee other wise.
B^: Balloon Boost - Balloon Fighter pulls a balloon underneath him and pops it. Balloon Fighter does a little damage from his momentum on the way up. The initial popping of the balloon also does damage but has very little range.
Bv: Shock - Balloon Fighter shocks himself and whoever comes into contact with him. This move does a little damage to Balloon Fighter too, but can get opponents stuck in the electricity like bowser's fire breath. This move can also potentially pop balloon fighter's balloons dealing extra damage.
A. AA. AAA - punch, punch, kick combo similar to mario or lucario.
FTilt - swing kick
UTilt - odd double punch. balloon fighter does a short jump with fists extended in the air
DTilt - low trip kick
FSmash - Headbutt attack
DSmash - Balloon spin. Balloon fighter lowers his balloons and spin attacks.
USmash - balloon pop. balloon fighter pops a balloon directly above him.
NAir - Mario style delay kick.
FAir - Headbutt with a tiny bit of forward momentum.
DAir - Kick Spike.
BAir - Balloon slap. Balloon fighter swats his balloons behind him.
FGrab - Punt. balloon fighter kicks them like a football.
UGrab - Punt. balloon fighter kicks them the same way except up.
DGrab - Leap Frog. Balloon Fighter jumps over them and throws them into the ground behind him slightly
BGrab - Backtoss. uninteresting throw, merely tosses them behind him.
Final Smash - Big Fish. The giant fish comes from below the stage and swoops over it. If the opponents touch it they take damage but if it catches them in it's mouth it's an instant kill.

I think that covers everything. Oh and here's what balloon fighter looked like with his original colors.

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Black Boo - 04-28-2009

(04-28-2009, 03:35 PM)Angelglory Wrote: [Image: faroreidle.gif]
Well, while I was switching to wireless interwebz, I did some work... sorta.

[Image: fsoracles.png]

dfdassfsdfasdf oh my god! That's EPIC.

One teensy flaw though...Nayru's bottom skirt is just a little short. Make it like, oh, say...3 pixels longer, and you'll be good.

Oh shoot, I just saw this...why are her feet backwards?

Though I'm just in love with that Din.

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Angelglory - 04-28-2009

Nayru's feet are backwards because she's supposed to be standing to her side. I also forgot to put Din's leg...ribbon thingies.

But thanks for the compliment~ Big Grin

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - MaverickETC - 04-28-2009

(07-05-2008, 05:34 PM)Chuck DaKnife Wrote: Somebody has to do Ristar

Wow. I was looking through to see if my suggestions have been suggested already, and that was at the top of my head. lol

I have some other suggestions, but I'm gonna attempt to take them up myself.

-NiGHTs
-AiAi
-Billy Hatcher

I'll take Ristar (if no one else has him already Blank)

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Black Boo - 04-28-2009

(04-28-2009, 07:52 PM)Angelglory Wrote: Nayru's feet are backwards because she's supposed to be standing to her side. I also forgot to put Din's leg...ribbon thingies.

But thanks for the compliment~ Big Grin

Well...make at least the right one point to the camera.

And don't worry about the ribbons. I wouldn't. They'd be a pain to sprite and animate imo.

Also, I totally didn't steal your ♥'s (Zelda character).

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Perigi - 04-29-2009

(04-28-2009, 08:17 PM)MaverickETC Wrote: -NiGHTs
-AiAi
-Billy Hatcher

I call Billy Hatcher.. :p
*begins working on him*

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - HyperSonic92 - 04-29-2009

(04-29-2009, 12:57 AM)Perigi Wrote:
-AiAi
-Billy Hatcher

*begins working on him*
What about Paper Luigi? That was an awesome complement to my Paper Mario

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Jdaster64 - 04-29-2009

Did Mii ever get a moveset? If so, a lot of the specials should be Wii Sports-related.

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Perigi - 04-29-2009

(04-29-2009, 08:10 AM)HyperSonic92 Wrote:
(04-29-2009, 12:57 AM)Perigi Wrote:
-AiAi
-Billy Hatcher

*begins working on him*
What about Paper Luigi? That was an awesome complement to my Paper Mario
..Paper..Luigi..
I completely forgot about that. D:

I'm not exactly sure If I'll still work on it though..
But I'll try to make some poses If I have the time.

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Kairos - 05-01-2009

(04-28-2009, 03:57 PM)tacopronto Wrote: I think that covers everything. Oh and here's what balloon fighter looked like with his original colors.

To be honest, Balloon Fighter really isn't in the style of this project.

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - tacopronto - 05-04-2009

Quote:To be honest, Balloon Fighter really isn't in the style of this project.

okay, fair enough, but could you be a bit more specific on what's wrong or lacking?

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - MaverickETC - 05-09-2009

Ok, my Ristar was fail Cry, so I decided to work on someone a little easier before I start Ristar.

I'm a little surprised no one (as far as I know) suggested any Street Fighter or Tekken characters or something like that. So I decided to work on Roger from Tekken 2. He's a little out of style, and I need some guidance on improving it to make it "in-style". Whoever that guy is was used for height comparison.

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Kitsu - 05-10-2009

First off, don't use that guy as a style reference. For style ref, you should use the Mario sprite in the Super Smash Bros Project.

Second, that guy is probly Shiggy (Miyamoto).

Third, please use imageshack for images. You can go to imageshack.us and upload the file, copy the first link, and use it when you press the "Post Image" button when making a post.

Fourth, for the sprite itself, I think you need some more contrast with the brown shades. Also, his head, ear, and upper back are all very polygonal-looking; maybe try to round them out a bit. Overall, the sprite is fairly decent. Just needs a bit of tuning-up.

Also, since this topic hasn't seen much activity lately, you might want to think about posting it in the Sprite Discussion Board for more help.

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Rosencrantz - 05-11-2009

Switching from pure assassination to friendly fighting is one hell of a switch

and who knows?

Maybe it'll be the shit;
maybe it'll just be shit

WARNING::
NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHING
[Image: NewChallenger.png]

I give up with this btw; anyone who wants to finish is more than welcome

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - MaverickETC - 05-13-2009

(05-10-2009, 12:06 AM)Sploder Wrote: First off, don't use that guy as a style reference. For style ref, you should use the Mario sprite in the Super Smash Bros Project.

Second, that guy is probly Shiggy (Miyamoto).

Third, please use imageshack for images. You can go to imageshack.us and upload the file, copy the first link, and use it when you press the "Post Image" button when making a post.

Fourth, for the sprite itself, I think you need some more contrast with the brown shades. Also, his head, ear, and upper back are all very polygonal-looking; maybe try to round them out a bit. Overall, the sprite is fairly decent. Just needs a bit of tuning-up.

Also, since this topic hasn't seen much activity lately, you might want to think about posting it in the Sprite Discussion Board for more help.

Thanks!

Sorry about the imageshack thing; my computer was acting funny and wouldn't let me go there.Shy

I tried to use the same method as Mario was made, but it turned out looking like the Shigeru sprite. I guess it was because my browns were too close.