The VG Resource
Fantasy Smash Project - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Spriting and Pixel Art (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-14.html)
+------ Forum: Sprite Projects (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-15.html)
+------ Thread: Fantasy Smash Project (/thread-510.html)

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Black Boo - 04-13-2009

...put her under "free to make"

Forward B: Sound Shock: Nayru pulls out the Harp of Ages and gives it a quick strum, sending out a quick soundwave that on contact, "disables" the other player like Mewtwo's Down B
B: Nayru's Love: Same as Zelda's, but the spinning crystals have a longer reach.
Up B: Time Warp: Nayru dissapears and reapears in a different area. The direction is influenced by the control stick. Any contact with other players will put them in slow motion for a very short time.
Down B: Oracle Switch: Nayru will dissapear and Din will take her place.
Final Smash: Time Stop: Nayru raises her hand into the air and all players are halted for 10 seconds. During this time, Nayru is free to roam and smack the other players. After it stops, all hit players will fly according to the last hit Nayru put on them.
Smash forward: Harp Slice: Nayru will pull out the Harp of Ages and use the decoration on top to slash at an opponent
Smash Down: Sound blast: Nayru will strum the Harp of Ages hard, sending out a shockwave that runs along the ground.
Smash Up: Time Shock: Nayru will hold up her hand creating a small vortex above it that lasts about 3 seconds, sucking in and shocking anything nearby.

All the other moves are for you to decide...I guess I could start on Din.

Din's Moveset:
B: Fire Twirl: Din spins in place with her hands on fire.
Forward B: Season Stream: Din holds the Rod of Seasons in front of her, creating one of four streams: A stream of ice, a stream of waves which put flowers on opponent's heads, a stream of fire, and a stream of wind. Wind does no damage, but blasts the opponent back, and has farthest reach. This lasts while the button is held, but it will diminish over time.
Up B: Fire Dance: Din will leap up into the air twiling, creating an explosion when the move begins.
Down B: Oracle Switch: Din will dissappear and Nayru will take her place.
Final Smash: Din's Fire: Din will thrust her hand in the air, creating an orb of fire that constantly expands for 5 seconds. There are blast box explosions in the center which do no damage to Din.
Smash forward: Season Blast: Din shoots a burst of ice, flower inducing bubble, fire, or wind from her hand. Wind does no damage, but knocks the opponent back the farthest.
Smash Down: Din pounds her fist into the ground, creating two pillars, one on either side of her, made either ice, thorns, fire, or wind. Again, wind does no damage, but is a heavy hit.
Smash up: Flaming Scissor Kick: Din stands on her hands and claps her feet together, creating a burst of fire.

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Jdaster64 - 04-13-2009

Don't know if Sky_blue_wiggler's still working on Dig Dug, but I loved what he had so far... and I prefer the cartoonier version.

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Geo the Fox - 04-14-2009

What about Farore?

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Angelglory - 04-14-2009

The Oracles sound... very tempting to try.

...Hmmm...

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Black Boo - 04-14-2009

(04-14-2009, 01:32 PM)Geo the Fox Wrote: What about Farore?

See...there's one little problem...Farore has no definate power. Nayru and Din's powers are set in stone as Time and Seasons, while Farore...to be blunt, is a librarian. She could be an assist trophy of some kind, but not an actual character.

Oh, I almost forgot their entrances!

Nayru: A time hole opens and Nayru emerges

Din: A pillar of fire drops from the sky and dissapears, revealing Din.

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Shroob2 - 04-14-2009

In the scrapped version, which would have featured her, she was Oracle of Wisdom.

EDIT: Ok, I'm confusing my Farores. That was actually the Goddess, and it was Courage. Please diregard this post.

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Angelglory - 04-14-2009

That sounds inaccurate since Farore is supposed to represent Courage. In the actually released Oracles games, she's called the Oracle of Secrets.

EDIT: Also, the original puzzle theme of Ages was going to be colors and Seed of Courage had the time theme before it was scrapped. So if anything you could give Farore the color theme somehow.

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Black Boo - 04-14-2009

I knew this, but what powers could the "Oracle of Secrets" incorporate for fighting? From what I see, she could be an assist trophy and scranble the player's positions with Farore's Wind, but that's all.

Edit: Also, Farore was actually going to be known as the Oracle of Hours, and the puzzles were going to be around the time of day, which I'm assuming you could switch to get through. But these characters in the Smash Universe focus on what was actually determined, and not on scrapped ideas.

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Kairos - 04-15-2009

(04-14-2009, 03:03 PM)Angelglory Wrote: The Oracles sound... very tempting to try.

Hahahaha

What about your other sprites

That are just assist trophies.

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Shroob2 - 04-15-2009

Ok, I feel stupid now. I was actually switched up the Farores, gave her OoT Nayru's power, and totally blanked on the Oracle of Secrets. (-.-) I dare call myself knowledgable.

ON TOPIC: That actually sounds like a good idea for Farore, Black Boo.

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Angelglory - 04-15-2009

(04-15-2009, 04:23 PM)Rags Wrote: Hahahaha

What about your other sprites

That are just assist trophies.
Oy oy, KOS-MOS is 40% done and stuff...

I don't see anything wrong with at the very least making that Farore AT............................which I already started on.

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Black Boo - 04-15-2009

Big Grin

All I can say.

I'd work on Din, but I'm busy with POR atm...I gotta get back to work on Link.

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Angelglory - 04-15-2009

[Image: ssbpfarore.png]
rawr

I'll either go with B-Boo's idea or my own idea: trapping a fighter in her book, making them wide-open for damage, Yoshi's Egg Lay style. The only difference is that you'd actually be able to knock the book around.

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Black Boo - 04-15-2009

Heh. Pretty cool idea there.

And my Nayru could take some proportions from yours, though I took the proportions from the Zelda in the official thread.

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Shroob2 - 04-18-2009

Farore looks amazing.

However, personally, I think that book-move wouldn't be very useful AT ALL in games with more than one player. I mean, sure you could tweak it I guess, but...