The VG Resource
Fantasy Smash Project - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Spriting and Pixel Art (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-14.html)
+------ Forum: Sprite Projects (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-15.html)
+------ Thread: Fantasy Smash Project (/thread-510.html)

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Koopaul - 02-26-2009

How about as his Down Air he wags his tongue from side-to-side as a rapid down attack like Yoshi.

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Geo the Fox - 02-26-2009

I just pictured that and I wish I hadn't.

Oh, Kyogre, this has been bothering me about your two attacks there for a while now.

They don't look like attacks. He just looks like he's casually flicking his tongue or poking an umbrella up. What I think you should do is put more start-up frames that show him preparing to attack. Like for his Fair? Some frames with him lashing his tongue out before whipping it downward. His Uair? Maybe he can reel back his "hand" before stabbing upward.

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Omegakyogre - 02-26-2009

(02-26-2009, 12:26 PM)Xof E.H. Toeg Wrote: Oh, Kyogre, this has been bothering me about your two attacks there for a while now.

They don't look like attacks. He just looks like he's casually flicking his tongue or poking an umbrella up. What I think you should do is put more start-up frames that show him preparing to attack. Like for his Fair? Some frames with him lashing his tongue out before whipping it downward. His Uair? Maybe he can reel back his "hand" before stabbing upward.

I see what you mean. I'll see what I can do to make them look better- I have an idea for the starting frames of Up Air, and I'll... think of something... for his Forward Air.

@Sploder:
Ooh, I like the idea of the feather duster. I'll use that for his Back Air.

I'll post some rough shapes so you guys can critique 'em before I go and finalize the poses.

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Omegakyogre - 02-26-2009

I figured I'd do a quick bump for the update:
[Image: GooeyBackAir.gif]

I said I was going to post the rough versions, but as it turned out, there wasn't really a rough version; what you see is what was first made. o.O
Here're the sprites.
[Image: GooeyProgress-4.png]

I'll see if I can fix his other two aerials.
'Still looking for an idea for Down Air.

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - bahamut920 - 02-27-2009

How about the Sword power's down thrust? Or maybe a triangle kick like Fighter.

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Kitsu - 02-27-2009

I think he's trying to stick to KDL 2/3 stuff.

Though I think it'd might be good to include a K64 ref or two...

BTW, feather duster looks pretty awesome! Though I'm not sure why it's still Coo, seeing he doesn't actually have Coo with him...

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Omegakyogre - 02-27-2009

(02-27-2009, 03:06 AM)Sploder Wrote: Though I'm not sure why it's still Coo, seeing he doesn't actually have Coo with him...

I thought about this as well, and contemplated removing Coo's eyes/beak from the sprite, but then I remembered Cutter:
[Image: GooeyFwdSpecial.gif]

Pitch is one of the types of boomerangs he throws, and nobody mentioned anything about it; I just figured that since this is Smash Bros., you get some creative liberties in creating something from nothing; Wario's bike is a good example of this.
Basically, I figured that relating the move to the game and showing clearly where it came from (and keeping it as canon as possible), was more important.

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Ton - 02-27-2009

I'm cool with Coo. In fact, if you could add an animal buddy to a bunch of his attacks, I think it would work fine. Gooey is kind of a strange character anyway. For example, his up+B could be Chuchu's parachute.

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Omegakyogre - 02-27-2009

Though I don't want to replace the Up Special I already have fleshed out ([Image: GooeyUpSpecial2.gif]), I think that would make a unique Up Aerial to replace the uninspired one I have now, but instead of Gooey ascending, it slows his falling speed.

I like the idea of using helper's powers in aerials; if we can do the same thing with his Down Aerial (or, a K64 reference would work too), that would be awesome. The first thing that popped into my head was the lightning move you can do with Coo, but it might not work too well as a regular move. HOWEVER, talking about that just made me think that it would work well as his Down Special; His Down Special can be [Image: GooeyDownSpecial-1.gif] when used on the ground, and the lightning attack if used in the air. What do you guys think?

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - bandicoota - 02-27-2009

oKAY. I have added the final revised version of my Crash Bandicoot sprite. Anything else you want to add? Anything you might want to say is welcome Smile
(02-25-2009, 10:37 PM)Tuna Unleashed Wrote: Looks like with crash you took a render from a gba game and used some colour editing tool to darken it to make it "more smash bros-like"

uhhhhhhhh.... no? There is no Crash Twinsanity gba game, the old games look more, blah and the crash of the titans gba sprites are just terrible.

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Kairos - 02-27-2009

You just recolored the sprite. It's not in style at all. =/

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - bandicoota - 02-27-2009

oh come on! i did everything these people told me to. are you telling me this sprite idea is crap altogether!?
(02-27-2009, 05:47 PM)Rags Wrote: You just recolored the sprite. It's not in style at all. =/

first off, i made this sprite on my own so it's not just a recolor. second, what do you mean it's "not in style at all??" tell me please.

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - D2S-Speed - 02-27-2009

(02-27-2009, 05:54 PM)bandicoota Wrote: oh come on! i did everything these people told me to. are you telling me this sprite idea is crap altogether!?
(02-27-2009, 05:47 PM)Rags Wrote: You just recolored the sprite. It's not in style at all. =/

first off, i made this sprite on my own so it's not just a recolor. second, what do you mean it's "not in style at all??" tell me please.

its not crap its just it is not in the same style as everyone else's sprites just keep trying you will get it don't worry

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Gors - 02-28-2009

(02-27-2009, 05:30 PM)bandicoota Wrote: uhhhhhhhh.... no? There is no Crash Twinsanity gba game, the old games look more, blah and the crash of the titans gba sprites are just terrible.

Attached File(s):
crashtwinsanitysubmission.PNG

Contradiction found.

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Omegakyogre - 02-28-2009

(02-28-2009, 09:04 AM)gorsal Wrote:
(02-27-2009, 05:30 PM)bandicoota Wrote: uhhhhhhhh.... no? There is no Crash Twinsanity gba game, the old games look more, blah and the crash of the titans gba sprites are just terrible.

Attached File(s):
crashtwinsanitysubmission.PNG

Contradiction found.
OBJECTION!
Actually, he's right; There was no Crash Twinsanity game for the GBA, and he used Crash's design in that game as a reference for his sprite, hence the file name.

Still, the sprite is out of style right now. Keep working on it.