The VG Resource
Fantasy Smash Project - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Spriting and Pixel Art (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-14.html)
+------ Forum: Sprite Projects (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-15.html)
+------ Thread: Fantasy Smash Project (/thread-510.html)

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Gors - 02-21-2009

yours is more complete, but we think that we don't need to do some of the animations you've listed (like diagonal smash, for one). But I forgot abour swimming and stuff, so I'll work on those too.

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Angelglory - 02-21-2009

[Image: kosmos-fall-1.gif]
Updated and pretty much done with this motion. Might add some movement to her banges if I feel like it.

Well, anyway, KOS-MOS is now 40% complete.

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Gors - 02-22-2009

Err... There's no visible update on this sheet, but I'll leave it here. I'm going to my grandma's house, and I'll get these sprites there.

[Image: marinassb.png]

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - bandicoota - 02-24-2009

Hey, I was thinking of adding Crash Bandicoot to this project, he fits the description... from a video game origin, but not the crap that the cursed RADICAL has done to him, I'm referring to the Twinsanity Style. I will have a single sprite of my concept posted tomorrow. Until then, please consider my idea as an addition to this great project.
l l
V
Sincerely, bandicoota
also nice job on that sheet gorsal!!

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Kitsu - 02-24-2009

If you want to, go ahead. You need not ask permission...

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - bandicoota - 02-25-2009

SWEET!! Thanks Sploder!! Heres my single sprite!

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Omegakyogre - 02-25-2009

The angle he's facing is wrong; he should be facing sideways, or 2/3 of the way sideways, and he should be looking horizontally across the screen. Instead, your entire sprite is angled down. The colors feels a bit too dark and unsaturated, too. It's not bad, it just needs some fixes.

There's also no outline, when there should be. Not a black outline, mind you, but still definitely an outline (or at least some sel-out (selective outlining)).

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - King of Bad Posters - 02-25-2009

Colors are too dark theres no outline and he is facing in a weird direction that looks too 3dish(southeast i think). Make him face in a 2d direction left or right.

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Omegakyogre - 02-25-2009

(02-25-2009, 07:44 PM)Cap. Falcon Wrote: Colors are too dark theres no outline and he is facing in a weird direction that looks too 3dish(southeast i think). Make him face in a 2d direction left or right.
That's what I just said.

Anyway, I have a request for anyone who is interested in Gooey. Here's my list of his aerial moves:
Neutral air - Freeze (complete)[Image: GooeyNair.gif]
Forward air - Tongue whip (complete)[Image: GooeyFair-1.gif]
Up air - Parasol (complete)[Image: GooeyUpAir.gif]
Down air - ??? (Original plan: Parasol)
Back air - ??? (Original plan: Tongue whip)

I was originally intending to have Gooey's down air be his Up Air but going down instead of up, but to me this seems boring and unoriginal. Also, his Back Air was going to be similar to his Forward Air, but going behind him, and with a swing across a horizontal plane rather than a vertical plane. This doesn't seem like a terrible idea, but it does seem rather uninspired.
So, if anyone has any suggestions for Gooey's Down Air and Back Air, please, send them my way. Frankly, I'm at a loss for ideas.

Okay, okay. I revised the sprite, so please be as critical as you like until it looks good enough. I made it "2-D" gave it selective outlining and tweaked the colors to make them brighter. So yeah... tell me what to do, I also put the first Crash next to the new one for comparison help. Tell me what ya think! Also, it's not 3 am to me, I messed up on the time zone, so sorry. So anyway, here it is!

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - D2S-Speed - 02-25-2009

(02-25-2009, 08:44 PM)bandicoota Wrote: Okay, okay. I revised the sprite, so please be as critical as you like until it looks good enough. I made it "2-D" gave it selective outlining and tweaked the colors to make them brighter. So yeah... tell me what to do, I also put the first Crash next to the new one for comparison help. Tell me what ya think! Also, it's not 3 am to me, I messed up on the time zone, so sorry. So anyway, here it is!

colors are still slightly dark add about 3 more pixels to the color (lighter) and still he isnt facing side ways imagine if he was in brawl make him look like he is in brawl side ways and facing his opponents

Okay, I will revise it tomorrow if I have time. Thanks for your help!

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - King of Bad Posters - 02-25-2009

(02-25-2009, 07:57 PM)omegakyogre Wrote:
(02-25-2009, 07:44 PM)Cap. Falcon Wrote: Colors are too dark theres no outline and he is facing in a weird direction that looks too 3dish(southeast i think). Make him face in a 2d direction left or right.
That's what I just said.

Anyway, I have a request for anyone who is interested in Gooey. Here's my list of his aerial moves:
Neutral air - Freeze (complete)[Image: GooeyNair.gif]
Forward air - Tongue whip (complete)[Image: GooeyFair-1.gif]
Up air - Parasol (complete)[Image: GooeyUpAir.gif]
Down air - ??? (Original plan: Parasol)
Back air - ??? (Original plan: Tongue whip)

I was originally intending to have Gooey's down air be his Up Air but going down instead of up, but to me this seems boring and unoriginal. Also, his Back Air was going to be similar to his Forward Air, but going behind him, and with a swing across a horizontal plane rather than a vertical plane. This doesn't seem like a terrible idea, but it does seem rather uninspired.
So, if anyone has any suggestions for Gooey's Down Air and Back Air, please, send them my way. Frankly, I'm at a loss for ideas.
Woops didnt read your post sorry. Nice stuff maybe for down air you can have him head but hard down as if he's spiking.

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - tsr moderation staff - 02-25-2009

Looks like with crash you took a render from a gba game and used some colour editing tool to darken it to make it "more smash bros-like"

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Kitsu - 02-26-2009

@kyogre,
Back-air : Feather Duster or something from Clean ability.