The VG Resource
Fantasy Smash Project - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Spriting and Pixel Art (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-14.html)
+------ Forum: Sprite Projects (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-15.html)
+------ Thread: Fantasy Smash Project (/thread-510.html)

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - killme - 01-14-2009

Hey guys Smile
I haven't been able to work on Lolo for a while, but I'll try and post an update soon Smile

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - D2S-Speed - 01-14-2009

hyper sonic should we update the roster now

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - HyperSonic92 - 01-15-2009

Probably so. Also I never gotten any comments or complaints on the Tetra I made a few pages back

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Boo - 01-15-2009

I want to see the Gooey sheet so far. Tongue

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Omegakyogre - 01-15-2009

Ask and you shall receive.
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u33/omegakyogre/Gooey-1.png

There's a list of what's still to be done near the bottom, and the bottom row of sprites is a WIP neutral AAA combo (First A is outlined, the two last outlines are the transition to the second attack).

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - D2S-Speed - 01-15-2009

(01-15-2009, 09:12 AM)HyperSonic92 Wrote: Probably so. Also I never gotten any comments or complaints on the Tetra I made a few pages back

i did notice it so far on the deku nut special it looks awesome i made a gif of it but forgot where i put it btw u said u needed the ssbb projects deku nut it should be up there the items are still there

Edit: Btw i feel competitive i'll do Geno for the project someone please give me his moveset please

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Gors - 01-15-2009

This... is... hard... but I managed to make the A+A combo. I hope it's smooth enough.
[Image: marinassbba1.png]

[Image: 56429016sz5.gif]

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - King of Bad Posters - 01-15-2009

(05-31-2008, 12:03 PM)HyperSonic92 Wrote: [Image: fsp-1.png]

Project Goal:
To create sprites of popular video game characters not already represented in the Smash Bros. games in a style that matches that used in the SSB Project thread; for use in fan games, movies, and comics which parody the Smash Bros. universe.

Rules:
- Sprites should be made in a style similar to the ones from the SSB Project thread (it doesn't have to match the style perfectly; just get it to look good next to the other sprites and make the proportions look good).
- Sprites must be of characters primarily from the video gaming universe. In other words, you can't do sprites of someone like Goku or Bugs Bunny, despite how many games they've appeared in. They must have originated from video games themselves.
- The characters are not limited only to Nintendo; you can create sprites of characters from any video game franchise you wish (as long as they still fit in with rule #2). Yes, that means you can do games like Halo or Final Fantasy despite the fact that they would never have a chance in hell to appear in a SSB game.

Suggestions and Tips:
- Steer away from generic characters, like minor enemies. Smash Bros. tends to only use major heroes or villains. You'd never see someone like "Little Goomba" or "Octorock" or "Kremling" as a playable character.
- Use the SSB Project thread for reference when deciding things such as proportions (very important) and pallets.
- If you have an idea for a character, but don't want to create a full sheet for them, remember you could always make them a Support Trophy instead of a playable character.
- Here's a list of generic moves for you to work with (try to include as many as you can in your sheets):

Fighting Stance (nothing)
Walk (forward)
Dash (strong forward)
Duck (down)
Jump (up)
Double Jump / Fly (up in midair)
Shield ?
Grab (Z)
Stationary Dodge (R + down)
Roll (R + forward/backward)
Midair Dodge (R in midair)
Normal Basic Attack (A)
Second Basic Attack (A twice)
Triple Basic Attack (A thrice)
Rapid Attack (A rapidly)
Strong Basic Attack (forward A)
Smash Attack (Smash forward A)
Upward Basic Attack (up A)
Upward Smash Attack (smash up A)
Downward Basic Attack (down A)
Downward Smash Attack (smash down A)
Dash Attack (A while dashing)
Basic Aerial (A in midair)
Forward Aerial (forward A in midair)
Reverse Aerial (backward A in midair)
Upward Aerial (up A in midair)
Downward Aerial (down A in midair)
Special (B)
Forward Special (forward B)
Up Special (up B)
Down Special (down B)
Taunt (joypad)
Final Smash
Throwing Items

Also remember: Some special attacks change their effect when used in midair, and some basic moves change when holding an item.

Nobody's expected to include ALL moves in their sheets, but the more you can do, the better.

SPRITES
DONE:
Paper Mario (by me)

CURRENTLY BEING DONE:
Waluigi (by Angelglory)
Banjo (by Starpower)
Paper Mario (2nd one) (by Mushroom Ninja)
Mii (by Link-Guy)
Tetris (by Geo the Fox)
Paper Luigi (by Perigi)
Miles "Tails" Prower (by Green Fire Kirby)
Viewtiful Joe (By Tuna Unleashed)
Rayman (By Me)
Bowser Jr. (By Devicho)
Geno (by Me as soon as I find the old sheet and GIFs Trigger made)
Toon Zelda/Tetra (TZ by supersmashbrosspriter1207,Tetra by Me)
Gooey (by omegakyogre)

NEEDS TO BE DONE:

FREE TO MAKE:
King K.Rool (started by me)
Meowth (started by me)
Metabee (started by Perigi)
Ridley (started by Angelglory then by Me)

I forgot some of the characters done so feel free to remind me.
Whats that character name above in the Work in progrees above Solinks name he looks like a kool character.

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Boo - 01-15-2009

(01-15-2009, 05:13 PM)omegakyogre Wrote: Ask and you shall receive.
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u33/omegakyogre/Gooey-1.png

There's a list of what's still to be done near the bottom, and the bottom row of sprites is a WIP neutral AAA combo (First A is outlined, the two last outlines are the transition to the second attack).

Wow, that is some awesome work. Nice job! Can't wait to see more.

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Gors - 01-15-2009

it's Sutte Hakkun, a pretty unknown SNES game. The other one is a unicycle from Uniracers.

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Solink - 01-15-2009

(01-15-2009, 08:30 PM)Spartan92 Wrote:
(05-31-2008, 12:03 PM)HyperSonic92 Wrote: [Image: fsp-1.png]

Project Goal:
To create sprites of popular video game characters not already represented in the Smash Bros. games in a style that matches that used in the SSB Project thread; for use in fan games, movies, and comics which parody the Smash Bros. universe.

Rules:
- Sprites should be made in a style similar to the ones from the SSB Project thread (it doesn't have to match the style perfectly; just get it to look good next to the other sprites and make the proportions look good).
- Sprites must be of characters primarily from the video gaming universe. In other words, you can't do sprites of someone like Goku or Bugs Bunny, despite how many games they've appeared in. They must have originated from video games themselves.
- The characters are not limited only to Nintendo; you can create sprites of characters from any video game franchise you wish (as long as they still fit in with rule #2). Yes, that means you can do games like Halo or Final Fantasy despite the fact that they would never have a chance in hell to appear in a SSB game.

Suggestions and Tips:
- Steer away from generic characters, like minor enemies. Smash Bros. tends to only use major heroes or villains. You'd never see someone like "Little Goomba" or "Octorock" or "Kremling" as a playable character.
- Use the SSB Project thread for reference when deciding things such as proportions (very important) and pallets.
- If you have an idea for a character, but don't want to create a full sheet for them, remember you could always make them a Support Trophy instead of a playable character.
- Here's a list of generic moves for you to work with (try to include as many as you can in your sheets):

Fighting Stance (nothing)
Walk (forward)
Dash (strong forward)
Duck (down)
Jump (up)
Double Jump / Fly (up in midair)
Shield ?
Grab (Z)
Stationary Dodge (R + down)
Roll (R + forward/backward)
Midair Dodge (R in midair)
Normal Basic Attack (A)
Second Basic Attack (A twice)
Triple Basic Attack (A thrice)
Rapid Attack (A rapidly)
Strong Basic Attack (forward A)
Smash Attack (Smash forward A)
Upward Basic Attack (up A)
Upward Smash Attack (smash up A)
Downward Basic Attack (down A)
Downward Smash Attack (smash down A)
Dash Attack (A while dashing)
Basic Aerial (A in midair)
Forward Aerial (forward A in midair)
Reverse Aerial (backward A in midair)
Upward Aerial (up A in midair)
Downward Aerial (down A in midair)
Special (B)
Forward Special (forward B)
Up Special (up B)
Down Special (down B)
Taunt (joypad)
Final Smash
Throwing Items

Also remember: Some special attacks change their effect when used in midair, and some basic moves change when holding an item.

Nobody's expected to include ALL moves in their sheets, but the more you can do, the better.

SPRITES
DONE:
Paper Mario (by me)

CURRENTLY BEING DONE:
Waluigi (by Angelglory)
Banjo (by Starpower)
Paper Mario (2nd one) (by Mushroom Ninja)
Mii (by Link-Guy)
Tetris (by Geo the Fox)
Paper Luigi (by Perigi)
Miles "Tails" Prower (by Green Fire Kirby)
Viewtiful Joe (By Tuna Unleashed)
Rayman (By Me)
Bowser Jr. (By Devicho)
Geno (by Me as soon as I find the old sheet and GIFs Trigger made)
Toon Zelda/Tetra (TZ by supersmashbrosspriter1207,Tetra by Me)
Gooey (by omegakyogre)

NEEDS TO BE DONE:

FREE TO MAKE:
King K.Rool (started by me)
Meowth (started by me)
Metabee (started by Perigi)
Ridley (started by Angelglory then by Me)

I forgot some of the characters done so feel free to remind me.
Whats that character name above in the Work in progrees above Solinks name he looks like a kool character.
the left one is hakkun from Sutte Hakkun an awesome but forgoten puzzle game for SNES
EDIT; damnit Gorsal posted before me =P

(01-15-2009, 06:04 PM)supersmashbrosspriter1207 Wrote:
(01-15-2009, 09:12 AM)HyperSonic92 Wrote: Probably so. Also I never gotten any comments or complaints on the Tetra I made a few pages back

i did notice it so far on the deku nut special it looks awesome i made a gif of it but forgot where i put it btw u said u needed the ssbb projects deku nut it should be up there the items are still there

Edit: Btw i feel competitive i'll do Geno for the project someone please give me his moveset please
Here's his moveset that he was gonna do (I suggested it to him)
B - Hand Gun
Side B - that attack where he throws the disk things that would do 9999 damage. Obviously nerfed down
Up B - Star Flight. Similar to Fox's
Down B - Geno Beam
Final Smash - Geno Cannon

I will also suggest some attacks and smashes soon

Also, awesome Gooey.

EDIT: Does anyone have a copy of the Tetra sheet I had so far? Oh and Tuna can I see the Viewtiful Joe sheet so far?

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - tsr moderation staff - 01-15-2009

'Fraid I don't have a sheet. Since I got GraphicsGale I pretty much started making my stuff straight into anims.

RE: Fantasy Smash Project - Gaia - 01-15-2009

(01-15-2009, 09:54 PM)Tuna Unleashed Wrote: 'Fraid I don't have a sheet. Since I got GraphicsGale I pretty much started making my stuff straight into anims.

You could just get Animation shop to split the frames a bit. It's simple, but it works.

(01-15-2009, 09:54 PM)Tuna Unleashed Wrote: 'Fraid I don't have a sheet. Since I got GraphicsGale I pretty much started making my stuff straight into anims.
Do you still have all the GIFs? Cause I'm sure you can rip the sprites from them and make a sheet