The VG Resource
The Official M&L3 Ripping Project *WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS* - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: The Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-85.html)
+----- Forum: The Spriters Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-5.html)
+------ Forum: Ripping Projects (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-33.html)
+------ Thread: The Official M&L3 Ripping Project *WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS* (/thread-4388.html)

RE: The Official M&L3 Ripping Project *WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS* - Ridge Troopa - 03-04-2012

(03-04-2012, 03:05 PM)A.J. Nitro Wrote: I have to fix the "things claimed list". What is everyone here ripping exactly?

Well my list is rather short (or long, however you take it):
Bowser Overworld
Bowser Battle
Sergeant Guy, Private Goomp, and Corporal Paraplonk
(either me or Chaofanatic) Giant Bowser

This isn't for the list, but there are some sheets missing poses or are... less than quality rips. I may grab what's missing or re-rip some select things if I need a break from King Koopa's ugly mug.

RE: The Official M&L3 Ripping Project *WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS* - A.J. Nitro - 03-04-2012

Okay then, edited first post!

RE: The Official M&L3 Ripping Project *WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS* - Chaofanatic - 03-04-2012

Honestly, I've forgotten so much about how to rip from Mario and Luigi 3. If anyone get's tile molester to display properly, please tell EXACTLY what you have it set to. I've tried the other tutorial and I get nothing.

RE: The Official M&L3 Ripping Project *WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS* - Ridge Troopa - 03-06-2012

(03-04-2012, 11:07 PM)Chaofanatic Wrote: Honestly, I've forgotten so much about how to rip from Mario and Luigi 3. If anyone get's tile molester to display properly, please tell EXACTLY what you have it set to. I've tried the other tutorial and I get nothing.

My first guess would be this:
View > Codec > 4bpp linear, reverse-order
Otherwise, a lot of sprites will show up if you set the width at 32 tiles (or some multiple of four, it seems). The rest, including palettes, is complete guesswork unless you're a pro... Although one of the tutorials mentioned getting palettes from random pixels below the sprites, but I haven't tried it.

I'm also really needing help on something. On No$GBA, I cannot select/start a save game. The text scrolls at the top and music plays but I can't navigate to start/copy/delete files. Anyone have a version of No$GBA that works with BIS that they can upload, or know what the problem is? I'm on a roll, but I gotta have this working on No$GBA to get missing pieces from tiles.

RE: The Official M&L3 Ripping Project *WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS* - FormerUser20 - 03-06-2012

Hey, A.J. Nitro just reminded me about the fact that I was ripping Mario's overworld. I know for a fact that I'll be on this for well over a month, so if anyone out there really wants to rip him in full, and is determined, etc., I can give them what I have so far of Mario's rips if needed.
(03-06-2012, 06:41 PM)Ridge Troopa Wrote:
(03-04-2012, 11:07 PM)Chaofanatic Wrote: Honestly, I've forgotten so much about how to rip from Mario and Luigi 3. If anyone get's tile molester to display properly, please tell EXACTLY what you have it set to. I've tried the other tutorial and I get nothing.

My first guess would be this:
View > Codec > 4bpp linear, reverse-order
Otherwise, a lot of sprites will show up if you set the width at 32 tiles (or some multiple of four, it seems). The rest, including palettes, is complete guesswork unless you're a pro... Although one of the tutorials mentioned getting palettes from random pixels below the sprites, but I haven't tried it.

I'm also really needing help on something. On No$GBA, I cannot select/start a save game. The text scrolls at the top and music plays but I can't navigate to start/copy/delete files. Anyone have a version of No$GBA that works with BIS that they can upload, or know what the problem is? I'm on a roll, but I gotta have this working on No$GBA to get missing pieces from tiles.
I had the same problem, I believe that happens only on anything other than the Japan rom. I got it to work by setting the English BIOS file in the directory of the emulator.

RE: The Official M&L3 Ripping Project *WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS* - megamario1234 - 03-06-2012

Ridge... you should try using the 2.6a No$GBA version. I tried with that version and it really works with it. (The English Version)

RE: The Official M&L3 Ripping Project *WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS* - Ridge Troopa - 03-06-2012

(03-06-2012, 09:51 PM)Wiiboy4ever Wrote: I had the same problem, I believe that happens only on anything other than the Japan rom. I got it to work by setting the English BIOS file in the directory of the emulator.

That's probably what I need... But which BIOS and where from...?

(03-06-2012, 10:01 PM)megamario1234 Wrote: Ridge... you should try using the 2.6a No$GBA version. I tried with that version and it really works with it. (The English Version)

I'm using that version... Hm, any chance you'd be able to screencap your Emulation configuration settings?

RE: The Official M&L3 Ripping Project *WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS* - FormerUser20 - 03-06-2012

(03-06-2012, 10:08 PM)Ridge Troopa Wrote:
(03-06-2012, 09:51 PM)Wiiboy4ever Wrote: I had the same problem, I believe that happens only on anything other than the Japan rom. I got it to work by setting the English BIOS file in the directory of the emulator.

That's probably what I need... But which BIOS and where from...?
Oops, I just remembered, It's firmware, not BIOS, sorry. Shy

Well anyway, I think it goes by language so if you want the text in English then you need an English firmware and Spanish for Spanish firmware or whatever. You can download it, but they say it's illegal so you can dump it from your DS. It should just say "firemware.bin". There's also a firmware changer so if you have a foreign firmware I think you can change it's settings/to your language and all that jazz. I'm not sure about the legalities on that/where to download either, though.

RE: The Official M&L3 Ripping Project *WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS* - A.J. Nitro - 03-06-2012

Wiiboy, can you post what you have for Mario so far? Hey, if you have anything from Luigi, I'd like to see that, too. I won't be starting on them right away, but whenever I feel bored or less busy, I'll get to it.

RE: The Official M&L3 Ripping Project *WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS* - FormerUser20 - 03-07-2012

(03-06-2012, 10:41 PM)A.J. Nitro Wrote: Wiiboy, can you post what you have for Mario so far? Hey, if you have anything from Luigi, I'd like to see that, too. I won't be starting on them right away, but whenever I feel bored or less busy, I'll get to it.
Sure!

[Image: mlbisoverworldfull.png]

Also, a few of the sprites fall into the "color continuity" thing I mentioned in this thread. I never got around to ripping Mini Mario's full animation, but I have some screen shots of some of his basic poses.

The only sprites of Luigi I ripped are when he first enters the castle and is "unprepared" which I posted here.

RE: The Official M&L3 Ripping Project *WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS* - A.J. Nitro - 03-07-2012

Well if no one figures out the color changing thing, I could just rip what I can from Desmume and have someone else get the missed poses.

RE: The Official M&L3 Ripping Project *WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS* - CyberVampireKiller - 04-19-2012

I was wondering which emulator do you use to rip out MLBIS sprites I was wondering if I can rip out the giant battles as well as Dark Bowser (Overworld) and is there an advance way to do this.

RE: The Official M&L3 Ripping Project *WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS* - Ridge Troopa - 10-22-2012

Despite being busy with other things in the past few weeks, I've made some progress on ol' King Koopa, as I promised. Most new rips are overworld, but I'm re-posting battle as well since I don't recall what was updated last time.

And a little something extra...

RE: The Official M&L3 Ripping Project *WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS* - A.J. Nitro - 10-22-2012

Jesus, Ridge, that's amazing! How are you ripping these exactly? And is that Koopa Clown Car custom made? If it is, that's pretty good!

RE: The Official M&L3 Ripping Project *WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS* - Garamonde - 10-22-2012

ridge, can you use minus.com? they accept images of any dimension http://minus.com/