The VG Resource
Super Bomberman Series Ripping Project - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: The Resources (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-109.html)
+--- Forum: The Spriters Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-110.html)
+---- Forum: Project Organization (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-118.html)
+---- Thread: Super Bomberman Series Ripping Project (/thread-39293.html)

Pages: 1 2

Super Bomberman Series Ripping Project - Alefy San - 06-20-2021

Hi everyone! At the time I'm writing this I have exactly 54 pending sheets, with the exception of 2(which are from pac man 2) all of them are from Super Bomberman 2 and 3. This time I will not promise I can rip all the games like I did with Harvest Moon(in which I'm almost giving up on ripping FOMT), but since bomberman stages are much easier and take less time to rip I think I can do it. Remember last post I say that I can't rip more stages because of school? So, yesterday and today I had a lot of free time and I used it to rip a lot of sheets.
One cool thing is that I've already ripped all the Super Bomberman 2 story mode stages and some from Super Bomberman 3, and already submitted them. It's easier to rip those in my free time as they take less time, but still, I don't promise I can rip all the games, specially because monday-friday I have school, but I promise I'll try Wink

Those are the games that have already been ripped:

-Super Bomberman 1 Story Mode Stages
-Super Bomberman 1 Battle Stages
-Super Bomberman 2 Story Mode Stages
-Super Bomberman 2 Battle Stages

-Super Bomberman 3 Story Mode Stages
-Super Bomberman 3 Battle Stages
-Super Bomberman 4 Story Mode Stages
-Super Bomberman 4 Battle Stages
-Super Bomberman 5 Story Mode Stages (Working on it Wink )
-Super Bomberman 5 Battle Stages

I'm excited to rip those stages and I'm surprised I've ripped all Bomberman 2 stages in just 3-4 hours, these are the fastest games to rip. Hope you guys enjoy these sprites and hope that this time I can finish this project.

RE: Super Bomberman Series Ripping Project - Alefy San - 06-20-2021

I'm almost done ripping the third game's story mode stages. I'm already on the 2nd stage from the 5th world. I hope I can finish ripping the third game tomorrow.

RE: Super Bomberman Series Ripping Project - Alefy San - 06-21-2021

I've just finished ripping all the stages of the 5th world from the 3rd game. However, I realised forgot to include layer 1 in some of my Deep Sea & Winterland rips. I promise I'll rerip those stages to include layer 1. On the good side, I'm only need to rip the last world from Bomberman 3's story mode, so I can finish ripping the story mode stages from this game.

I've just finished submitting the revisions with the layer 1. Now I can rip the last world from Bomberman 3. If you notice any mistake like this in my sheets, feel free to comment and I'll fix it.

Done! I've ripped all the stages from the 3rd game's story mode.

I'm trying to rip the battle stages from 2 & 3 now.

I just finished ripping all the 12 Super Bomberman 3 battle stages. The first 10 stages are normal, but the stage 11 and 12 are unlockables. You can unlock them by pressing X in the title screen until you hear a noise. I didn't know this until I've seen it on Gamefaqs. :/

I will begin to rip the Super Bomberman 1 battle stages. There's still so much work to do that I can't decide which Super Bomberman game I will rip next. XD

Just finished ripping all the Super Bomberman 1 battle stages. Now I'll rip the Super Bomberman 4 story mode stages.

RE: Super Bomberman Series Ripping Project - Alefy San - 06-22-2021

Just finished ripping Super Bomberman 4 world 2 stages. I'm pretty sure I will finish ripping the story mode stages from this game today.

I'm done ripping all the Super Bomberman 4 story mode stages. Now I will try to rip the battle stages from the 2nd and 4th games, when I finish, I'll rip the 1st game's story mode stages, and finally, I will rip the 5th game.

Just finished ripping all the Super Bomberman 2 battle stages. Now I'll rip the 4th game's battle stages.

RE: Super Bomberman Series Ripping Project - Alefy San - 06-23-2021

Just finished ripping all the 13 Super Bomberman 5 battle stages. Now I will rip the Super Bomberman 4 battle stages, these are the last battle stages left.

Just finished ripping all the Super Bomberman 4 battle stages. Now there are no battle stages left to be ripped. Now I only need to rip Bomberman 1 & 5 story mode stages. Super Bomberman 1 Story mode is next!

RE: Super Bomberman Series Ripping Project - Barack Obama - 06-23-2021

Wow, you're fast. Great rips as usual.

One thing:
https://www.spriters-resource.com/snes/sbomber4/sheet/156315/
The icon shows green lights, but on the rip itself they're purple. Is that intentional?

Thank you! It's a one screen game, so It's fast to rip. I will try fix the icon, thanks for letting me know. But still, I think you're much faster than me. I remember when we were ripping Super Mario World stages, I found it amazing to see how fast you've ripped the stages from that game. Yoshi's Island too, I haven't logged that much when you were ripping it but when I did, I remember seeing a lot of stages from that game in the newest SNES rips section. The Icon is that way because there's a palette swap, it changes color. I couldn't screenshot the sheet because it wasn't assembled, so I screenshoted the game when it changed it's color. I'll update the sheet to include the colors.
Edit: Done! I submitted a revision with the palette swap. =)
Next time I'll be more careful so I don't miss stuff like this.

RE: Super Bomberman Series Ripping Project - Barack Obama - 06-24-2021

I was fast because I had editors who were doing the job for me, screen rips in emulator or per vSNES are way slower to do since you have to handle a few steps more.
The Super Bomberman games are of course perfect for easy rips since they're the same size as the emulator window. I guess you used vSNES for them?

Another thing:
https://www.spriters-resource.com/snes/sbomber4/
Is it possible to separate the background on 1-1, 1-2 and 1-3?