The VG Resource
my pixel art stockpile - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Creativity (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-126.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Sprites / Pixel Art (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-127.html)
+--- Thread: my pixel art stockpile (/thread-38571.html)

my pixel art stockpile - miyabi95_ - 01-23-2021

i'm kinda in a rough spot in personal life so i'm doing things besides drawing. it's been a hot minute since i last indulged in spriting but all of my pixels will go here!

to start: a small project that may be a future hack of Crystalis for NES! basically i'd like to change the protagonist into a gal, along with editing the text to suit pronouns and such, as well as modifying the other character sprite style if possible. below is a test run of how i imagine her looking, lmk what you think c:

enlarged:

original:

RE: my pixel art stockpile - DioShiba - 01-24-2021

You have a good knack for choosing colors in your work.

I get how you feel with being in a rough spot, and I know it's hard. But I'm sure you'll find your stride and be able to produce more work on your whim.

RE: my pixel art stockpile - SmithyGCN - 01-24-2021

Understand where you're coming from. Don't worry about rough spots, you'll plow on through. Smile

RE: my pixel art stockpile - miyabi95_ - 01-26-2021

thanks y'all! most of my color choices come from the default photoshop swatches, hehehe

i'm doing better lately, some changes made me a tad anxious but i'm working my way outta the depressive slump! uvu

RE: my pixel art stockpile - miyabi95_ - 01-26-2021

thought i'd draw my mascot/sona just to practice my illustration style with pixels
[Image: ded0th9-7db4f982-a27d-4785-9b19-0d94a4df...me-TEsF2HQ]

RE: my pixel art stockpile - SmithyGCN - 01-27-2021

Not bad, but anatomy needs work. Don't take that as an insult, I still make flubs with anatomy at times, myself. Smile We are all learning.
What species is your character?

RE: my pixel art stockpile - miyabi95_ - 02-05-2021

(01-27-2021, 01:54 AM)SmithyGCN Wrote: Not bad, but anatomy needs work. Don't take that as an insult, I still make flubs with anatomy at times, myself. Smile We are all learning.
What species is your character?

this was drawn without any kind of reference but also i meant for her to look chibi-ish. tho the legs look kinda weird haha

she's just an elf of some sort with a cute tail c:

RE: my pixel art stockpile - SmithyGCN - 02-05-2021

Yeah, legs need work. Just keep plugging away.
An elf, eh? Interesting take on their race. Smile

RE: my pixel art stockpile - superspongebobbros - 02-06-2021

(01-26-2021, 10:50 PM)miyabi95_ Wrote: thought i'd draw my mascot/sona just to practice my illustration style with pixels
Cute!

RE: my pixel art stockpile - Izzi - 03-21-2021

(01-26-2021, 10:50 PM)miyabi95_ Wrote: thought i'd draw my mascot/sona just to practice my illustration style with pixels
The face is super strong. though I think the eye to our left might be a little too high or the eye on our right is too low. But I love how charming the character is. It could use another pass of correcting some lines here and there but ultimately this is just really fun to look at.