The VG Resource
.pac files from Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: The Resources (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-109.html)
+--- Forum: The Models Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-111.html)
+---- Forum: Ripping Help (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-115.html)
+---- Thread: .pac files from Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games (/thread-35428.html)

.pac files from Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games - ItsMeGamerAndBFDIer7 - 04-18-2019

Hello, I found some .pac files in Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games, and I believed that those were where the character models were. Can someone help me work with those files?

RE: .pac files from Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games - LukeWarnut - 04-18-2019

Could you upload some samples please?

RE: .pac files from Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games - Kawasuzu - 04-18-2019

You need pacpack from libgens compiled for the endianness of the Wii U. Thankfully I already have it compiled on my github.

https://github.com/slashiee/libgens-sonicglvl/tree/WiiU

You can download the repo by clicking Clone or download and by clicking Download ZIP from that dropdown. The executable you need is pacpack-WiiU.exe in the bin folder.

RE: .pac files from Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games - ItsMeGamerAndBFDIer7 - 04-18-2019

Thank you. Now, I have found these HKX files in them. However, I tried using HKXConverter on them, but nothing happened. How can I convert the HKX files?

RE: .pac files from Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games - ItsMeGamerAndBFDIer7 - 04-19-2019

Bump. Hey, Kawasuzu, can the modelfbx from libgens support HKX files from M&SR2016OG?

RE: .pac files from Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games - ItsMeGamerAndBFDIer7 - 04-19-2019

Bump. I think the HKX files have something to do with Havok. But, I want to find a simple program to open them. Can someone help?

So, I changed up some of the code in modelfbx-convert-example.bat, I ran the file, and I got some .fbx files, but the problem is, there were no .fbx files for the models. Can someone help, or am I doing it wrong?

RE: .pac files from Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games - ItsMeGamerAndBFDIer7 - 04-20-2019

Okay, I think I know my problem. There are no .model files. It's odd, because the non-playable characters have no .models. Luckily, the playable characters do have .model files, but it leads me to another problem, where there are two separate .model files for each .skl.hkx. Can someone help?

RE: .pac files from Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games - ItsMeGamerAndBFDIer7 - 04-20-2019

Alright, let me explain the situation. So, each character has two .skl.hkx files, which are ***_b.skl.hkx and ***_f.skl.hkx. (The *** is the first three letters of the character's name.) However, there are also four .model files, two of them sharing one .skl.hkx file. ***_b_L.model and ***_b_M.model share ***.b.skl.hkx, and ***_f_L.model and ***_f_M.model share ***_f.skl.hkx. I know that b stands for body and f stands for face, but I don't know what L and M stand for. Can anyone help me with those files?

RE: .pac files from Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games - ItsMeGamerAndBFDIer7 - 04-21-2019

Bump. Update: I have been through several mistakes, such as not extracting the .pac.00 files, so those files contained the .model files.

RE: .pac files from Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games - ItsMeGamerAndBFDIer7 - 04-23-2019

I have seen to have gotten it with a little help. Thanks Smile

RE: .pac files from Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games - Millicent-Honey - 09-02-2019

(04-20-2019, 11:23 AM)ItsMeGamerAndBFDIer7 Wrote: Alright, let me explain the situation. So, each character has two .skl.hkx files, which are ***_b.skl.hkx and ***_f.skl.hkx. (The *** is the first three letters of the character's name.) However, there are also four .model files, two of them sharing one .skl.hkx file. ***_b_L.model and ***_b_M.model share ***.b.skl.hkx, and ***_f_L.model and ***_f_M.model share ***_f.skl.hkx. I know that b stands for body and f stands for face, but I don't know what L and M stand for. Can anyone help me with those files?
L files are larger files, the models with this are more detailed

RE: .pac files from Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games - Millicent-Honey - 09-02-2019

OKAY WHERE ARE THE TEXTURES??? I can see the dds files but i cant convert them, all converters and exporters fail and appear error all the times... Please Help!!

RE: .pac files from Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games - JetTheFox96 - 04-16-2021

(09-02-2019, 10:00 PM)Millicent-Honey Wrote: OKAY WHERE ARE THE TEXTURES??? I can see the dds files but i cant convert them, all converters and exporters fail and appear error all the times... Please Help!!

I looked in a Hex Editor, and I think those are the wrong DDS extension. A DDS file has to have a header that begins with "DDS" I think. These .DDS files start with Gfx2 for some reason. Changing the header wont work. I dont think there is a way to get the textures out. You can ask Random Talking Bush as he ripped the models with the textures.