The VG Resource
Retsu, Geki, Lee, Joe, and Mike..... finally 100%! Hell yeah! - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Creativity (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-126.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Sprites / Pixel Art (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-127.html)
+--- Thread: Retsu, Geki, Lee, Joe, and Mike..... finally 100%! Hell yeah! (/thread-35193.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Retsu, Geki, Lee, Joe, and Mike..... finally 100%! Hell yeah! - sil3nt j - 12-17-2020

Finally finished the Geki crouching heavy punch:

[Image: geki-crouch-hp.png]

RE: Retsu, Geki, Lee, Joe, and Mike..... finally 100%! Hell yeah! - sil3nt j - 12-23-2020

Update 12/23/2020

Added these to the sprite sheet as well as the crouching HP:

[Image: Geki-new.png]

Was thinking of adding these as a standing attack (forward + HP):

[Image: geki-forward-plus-hp.png]

Merry Christmas to everyone.

RE: Retsu, Geki, Lee, Joe, and Mike..... finally 100%! Hell yeah! - sil3nt j - 12-30-2020

Just finished these, and I have to say, I am pretty happy with the way they came out and with the way the sprite sheet came out. Hope to see him playable soon:

[Image: Geki-Final-Sprites.png]

RE: Retsu, Geki, Lee, Joe, and Mike..... finally 100%! Hell yeah! - sil3nt j - 01-20-2021

Pretty big update, I know it's been a while. Added a special as well, it's all been added to the sheet on the 1st page:

[Image: Retsu-big-update.png]

RE: Retsu, Geki, Lee, Joe, and Mike..... finally 100%! Hell yeah! - sil3nt j - 01-21-2021

Added these today:

[Image: chop.png]

RE: Retsu, Geki, Lee, Joe, and Mike..... finally 100%! Hell yeah! - sil3nt j - 01-23-2021

Thanks for the views so far. Well, I found out I might not have as much time to work on this as I thought so I made a temporary change to the defensive counters just until I am able to work on the Roundhouse Kicks (If I am able to). There are a t least three more animations I would like to give him though: An intro, a front kick, his front sweep. I hope I have time to make them. Here are his defensive counters though. I've added these to the sprite sheet as well:

[Image: Retsu-Block.png]

RE: Retsu, Geki, Lee, Joe, and Mike..... finally 100%! Hell yeah! - sil3nt j - 01-24-2021

Added these to the sprite sheet. Also, I was playing Virtua Fighter and Capcom vs SNK 2 yesterday and decided to change the move command to the Ici, Ni, San move because I realized that doing the forward, forward, forward + P command 3 times in a row might be difficult, especially in a 2D game.

[Image: Retsu-forward-punch.png]

RE: Retsu, Geki, Lee, Joe, and Mike..... finally 100%! Hell yeah! - sil3nt j - 01-25-2021

Added his intro today, thought this suited him well. This could also be reversed and be used as a 2nd win pose:

[Image: Retsu-intro.png]

RE: Retsu, Geki, Lee, Joe, and Mike..... finally 100%! Hell yeah! - sil3nt j - 01-27-2021

Finished this today, and I don't mean to brag, but I'm very proud of this one. This was one of the harder ones to make. I have to thank fighters generation for the Makoto sprites I used as a base. And that's it for his specials, next up, his counter super and his taunt:

[Image: Ashi-barai.png]

RE: Retsu, Geki, Lee, Joe, and Mike..... finally 100%! Hell yeah! - SmithyGCN - 01-28-2021

Wow, these are impressive! How close are you to finishing them and are you planning on submitting them to the site?

RE: Retsu, Geki, Lee, Joe, and Mike..... finally 100%! Hell yeah! - sil3nt j - 01-29-2021

Well thanks man, glad you think so. I wasn't going to submit them because usually, most things I try to submit get rejected. But I will keep them in this topic though. I wasn't going to post these, but since you asked, this was really all I had. I wanted to add the Makoto, Ken, and Dee Jay ones to Retsu as special basic attacks, alternate counter animations and a super (I will explain more later). The Gen and Kyo ones were for Lee and then I wanted to give Joe a couple of taunts (the Yamazaki sprites). I thought it would be cool to give him a taunt where he flips the middle finger, just to give him some personality. And that is really all. After these it's 100%:

[Image: Final-sf1-sprites.png]

EDIT

Also, I want to add this to Lee, I thought it would suit his drunken kung fu style well and would be a good forward + HK / overhead attack. Thanks to fightersgeneration for these:

[Image: momoko.png]
Also, I've just added these and the front sweep move to the sprite sheet:

[Image: Retsu-Kaunta.png]

RE: Retsu, Geki, Lee, Joe, and Mike..... finally 100%! Hell yeah! - SmithyGCN - 01-30-2021

If they're this good, why would TSR reject them? You have great talent.

RE: Retsu, Geki, Lee, Joe, and Mike..... finally 100%! Hell yeah! - sil3nt j - 01-30-2021

Well thanks man, I really appreciate that. And idk why they would, always thought that the sprites had to be from an actual game though.

RE: Retsu, Geki, Lee, Joe, and Mike..... finally 100%! Hell yeah! - SmithyGCN - 02-01-2021

That's what the custom section is for.

RE: Retsu, Geki, Lee, Joe, and Mike..... finally 100%! Hell yeah! - sil3nt j - 02-01-2021

Never knew it existed.

Just finished this, pretty happy with the way it came out. I'll tell you one thing, converting Third Strike sprites into Alpha ones is tough:

[Image: Retsu-Mae-Geri.png]