The VG Resource
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: The Resources (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-109.html)
+--- Forum: The Models Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-111.html)
+---- Forum: Project Organization (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-119.html)
+---- Thread: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project (/thread-34836.html)

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - ninetalescommander - 12-30-2018

(12-30-2018, 02:04 AM)Fobwashed Wrote: [Image: 3072611-toosweetmm.png]I think I got it working but can't seem to get the different facial expressions to work correctly. Stuck with the base for most models. Anyone having better luck?

First off, awesome pose!
As for your question, are you using Blender? I should be able to help if you are but if not then I can't, sorry.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - BadComoc - 12-30-2018

How would I rip the models for the stages from the game?

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - Tashii - 12-30-2018

Got Isabelle Ripped and textures converted! Time to throw a blender rig into it.
Everyone Use the VirtualTurtle Method. He makes the act of converting it super easy. AND he provides you a script that goes through the faces and organizes them. Such a god send.

[Image: LUQ0CRd.jpg]

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - Essential - 12-30-2018

(12-30-2018, 07:11 PM)Tashii Wrote: Got Isabelle Ripped and textures converted! Time to throw a blender rig into it.
Everyone Use the VirtualTurtle Method. He makes the act of converting it super easy. AND he provides you a script that goes through the faces and organizes them. Such a god send.

You're right, infact, I finally now use blender for these cases

This is a wip btw
[Image: aa.png]

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - Tashii - 12-30-2018

(12-30-2018, 07:32 PM)Essential Wrote:
(12-30-2018, 07:11 PM)Tashii Wrote: Got Isabelle Ripped and textures converted! Time to throw a blender rig into it.

You're right, infact, I finally now use blender for these cases

This is a wip btw
[Image: aa.png]

Nice! Yea Blender is powerful and I use it everyday. Turtle makes this whole lot easier with his script

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - Fobwashed - 12-31-2018

Does anyone know why the normal maps look weaker (if not just wrong) when put into 3DS Max?

I'm running into a weird issue in Blender where King K Rool's cape is rendering with what looks like weird polys. Also, all the metallic segments don't seem to light up and are rendering almost completely black. Anyone have any ideas on what might be causing this?[Image: 3072744-krool.png]
[Image: 3072745-kroolfront.png]

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - Essential - 12-31-2018

(12-31-2018, 01:51 AM)Fobwashed Wrote: I'm running into a weird issue in Blender where King K Rool's cape is rendering with what looks like weird polys. Also, all the metallic segments don't seem to light up and are rendering almost completely black. Anyone have any ideas on what might be causing this?[Image: 3072744-krool.png]
For the cape issue, there are 2 capes clipping I suggest to turn off the view on one of the two capes from at least how I experienced.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - Tashii - 12-31-2018

(12-31-2018, 01:58 AM)Essential Wrote:
(12-31-2018, 01:51 AM)Fobwashed Wrote: I'm running into a weird issue in Blender where King K Rool's cape is rendering with what looks like weird polys. Also, all the metallic segments don't seem to light up and are rendering almost completely black. Anyone have any ideas on what might be causing this?[Image: 3072744-krool.png]
For the cape issue, there are 2 capes clipping I suggest to turn off the view on one of the two capes from at least how I experienced.

You have two solutions to this. Either A: In edit mode of those two capes press w and hit remove doubles OR press L with your mouse overing over one of the capes and hit alt-s That will shrink the cape

(12-31-2018, 02:22 AM)Tashii Wrote:
(12-31-2018, 01:58 AM)Essential Wrote:

You have two solutions to this. Either A: In edit mode of those two capes press w and hit remove doubles OR press L with your mouse overing over one of the capes and hit alt-s That will shrink the cape

I don't think there are two capes. There are multiple sections but they don't overlap in the area that's showing the weird triangles. There's a front cape that's the front part by the gem, the main back of the cape and one final section that's just the transparent and cut out portion of the cape. I tried the remove doubles and that didn't solve the issue. With the cape selected I went to remove doubles and it logged that zero vertices were removed.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - Tashii - 12-31-2018

(12-31-2018, 03:13 AM)Fobwashed Wrote:
(12-31-2018, 02:22 AM)Tashii Wrote:
(12-31-2018, 01:58 AM)Essential Wrote: For the cape issue, there are 2 capes clipping I suggest to turn off the view on one of the two capes from at least how I experienced.

I don't think there are two capes. There are multiple sections but they don't overlap in the area that's showing the weird triangles. There's a front cape that's the front part by the gem, the main back of the cape and one final section that's just the transparent and cut out portion of the cape. I tried the remove doubles and that didn't solve the issue. With the cape selected I went to remove doubles and it logged that zero vertices were removed.

Increase the threshold of the remove doubles. Did you grab this from the model resource or is this a fresh rip?

It seems as though the weirdness in Blender with metals is with all very metallic surfaces. I'm running into the same problems with cloud as I did with Krool. Anyone else running into this?
[Image: 3072752-cloud.png]

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - VirtualTurtle - 12-31-2018

(12-31-2018, 03:19 AM)Tashii Wrote:
(12-31-2018, 03:13 AM)Fobwashed Wrote:
(12-31-2018, 02:22 AM)Tashii Wrote: You have two solutions to this. Either A: In edit mode of those two capes press w and hit remove doubles OR press L with your mouse overing over one of the capes and hit alt-s That will shrink the cape

Increase the threshold of the remove doubles. Did you grab this from the model resource or is this a fresh rip?

Remove doubles isnt the way to go here, since the cape is two models a front and a back, by removing doubles, you're mixing the two meshes. Select the inner or outer and scale tangent using alt+S That's what I had to do with ganon

(12-31-2018, 03:54 AM)Fobwashed Wrote: It seems as though the weirdness in Blender with metals is with all very metallic surfaces. I'm running into the same problems with cloud as I did with Krool. Anyone else running into this?

I ran into this issue with ganon too actually, but the way I fixed it was by not rendering in Blender Cycles, I moved to Blender 2.8 and rendered with eevee and it worked just fine (and realtime)

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - ninetalescommander - 12-31-2018

(12-31-2018, 03:54 AM)Fobwashed Wrote: It seems as though the weirdness in Blender with metals is with all very metallic surfaces. I'm running into the same problems with cloud as I did with Krool. Anyone else running into this?

I usually find 2 methods fix this
1. Select the mesh with the issues, in this case the metal mesh. Press "Tab" to go into edit mode, then on the menu on the left, scroll down to find "remove duplicates" and click it. Whenever I get a new model I Blender, I actually make it a habit to do this with every layer. It takes a few minutes but is worth it.
2. I disable any shadows on the mesh with the problems. To do this go to the materials tab, scroll down to "Shadows" and untick all the boxes.

(12-31-2018, 07:57 AM)VirtualTurtle Wrote:
(12-31-2018, 03:19 AM)Tashii Wrote:
(12-31-2018, 03:13 AM)Fobwashed Wrote: I don't think there are two capes. There are multiple sections but they don't overlap in the area that's showing the weird triangles. There's a front cape that's the front part by the gem, the main back of the cape and one final section that's just the transparent and cut out portion of the cape. I tried the remove doubles and that didn't solve the issue. With the cape selected I went to remove doubles and it logged that zero vertices were removed.

Remove doubles isnt the way to go here, since the cape is two models a front and a back, by removing doubles, you're mixing the two meshes. Select the inner or outer and scale tangent using alt+S That's what I had to do with ganon

I ran into this issue with ganon too actually, but the way I fixed it was by not rendering in Blender Cycles, I moved to Blender 2.8 and rendered with eevee and it worked just fine (and realtime)
Moving to Blender 2.8 and rendering with eevee seems to have worked for me too. This also looks like it shows that removing doubles wasn't the issue as that's fixed without making any changes besides changing the render engine.
[Image: 3072840-cycles.png]
2.8 cycles

[Image: 3072841-evee.png]
2.8 eevee