The VG Resource
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: The Resources (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-109.html)
+--- Forum: The Models Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-111.html)
+---- Forum: Project Organization (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-119.html)
+---- Thread: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project (/thread-34836.html)

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - Random Talking Bush - 09-09-2019

(09-09-2019, 07:03 AM)ninetalescommander Wrote: Banjo was rejected which actually makes me raise my eyebrows because to my knowledge, TMR operates on a "First come first serve" basis so even if it did get rejected, it should be lower on the pending list. My only speculation is maybe it was submitted by an admin but had to be reviewed by multiple people to determine whether or not it should be allowed.
We try to make it fair for newer submissions by trying to balance both older and newer submissions accordingly. And yeah, I know there's quite the backlog to go through, I'll be doing what I can to help with that at my earliest convenience.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - SubsonicBeatz154 - 09-09-2019

(Sigh) The amount of people requesting on the Smash Ultimate page is ridiculous... But it lead to me ripping Samus and uploading her to be approved so, there's another submission under my belt. Also, i was going to make an update to my Dark Samus rip that got approved a while back (added a BUNCH of PBR textures i missed), but i tried to change the big render shown on the site and now i can't send the main update for approval until that gets approved... R.I.P.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - HeronNobody - 09-11-2019

(09-09-2019, 08:14 PM)SubsonicBeatz154 Wrote: (Sigh) The amount of people requesting on the Smash Ultimate page is ridiculous... But it lead to me ripping Samus and uploading her to be approved so, there's another submission under my belt. Also, i was going to make an update to my Dark Samus rip that got approved a while back (added a BUNCH of PBR textures i missed), but i tried to change the big render shown on the site and now i can't send the main update for approval until that gets approved... R.I.P.

Same. I am very slowly making my way through the Goemon Mii costume. Most models I work with are N64, which are much eaiser to look at and handle. All these newer models are so.... tough. But there is a guide. I will try my best.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - ninetalescommander - 09-12-2019

(09-11-2019, 07:35 AM)HeronNobody Wrote:
(09-09-2019, 08:14 PM)SubsonicBeatz154 Wrote: (Sigh) The amount of people requesting on the Smash Ultimate page is ridiculous... But it lead to me ripping Samus and uploading her to be approved so, there's another submission under my belt. Also, i was going to make an update to my Dark Samus rip that got approved a while back (added a BUNCH of PBR textures i missed), but i tried to change the big render shown on the site and now i can't send the main update for approval until that gets approved... R.I.P.

Same. I am very slowly making my way through the Goemon Mii costume. Most models I work with are N64, which are much eaiser to look at and handle. All these newer models are so.... tough. But there is a guide. I will try my best.

In the grand scheme of things, Smash Bros models (Including the ones in the latest game) are actually 1 of the easiest to work with due to the amazing efforts of Ploaj and Random Talking Bush.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - BSoD38 - 09-15-2019

Hi, I'm trying to import Incineroar's model into blender (I used the model that is already posted on The Models Resource).

I'm struggling with the fur effect, I cannot make it look like in the game or like the preview from The Models Resource.

I used two different materials for the body and the fluffy parts. One is opaque, and the other has an alpha map using the alpha channel from the color map.

The problem is that the tip of the innermost part of the mane is black, and you can see that through the fur, which doesn't look very nice.

When hiding the fur :
[Image: uGXi9Lg.png]

When showing the fur :
[Image: RUUXuFH.png]

When I look on the preview on The Models Resource (and on the game), the tip of the innermost part of the mane is still textured, so it's red, not black.

Do you guys know how to fix this ?

Also, how do the eyes work ? They're not directly embedded inside the model it seems. Do I simply need to create a square plane and put the eye texture on it and put it in front of the eyes or something ?

Thanks in advance.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - SubsonicBeatz154 - 09-15-2019

Quote:Also, how do the eyes work ? They're not directly embedded inside the model it seems. Do I simply need to create a square plane and put the eye texture on it and put it in front of the eyes or something ?

Thanks in advance.

(This assumes you are using Blender 2.8)
The iris texture is overlayed on top of the eye texture, in the same material. Just plug the eye background texture into the top slot of a MixRGB node, and add a separate Image Texture and plug it into the bottom slot of the MixRBG node. Then plug the alpha of the iris texture into the factor slot. And finally, plug the output of the MixRGB node into the base color slot. The entire setup should look something like this:

[Image: 0dtZV1a.png]

Note, you'll need to do further modification to the materials to get the iris to display at the correct position. Usually, the model has a separate UV map for the iris position. Just create a UV Map node, select the correct UV map for the iris (usually the second one) and plug that into the vector input on the iris Image Texture node. Or, you can plug the UV map into a Mapping node and set it to Texture mode, then plug that into the vector input of the iris Image Texture node. That will give you full control over the position of the iris.

As for the main body texture, i'm not sure how that works either... You'll have to ask someone else.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - Yoshimaster96 - 09-16-2019

Can the MaxScript import animations? The Blender plugin doesn't seem to like bone scaling.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - Demonslayerx8 - 09-16-2019

(09-16-2019, 04:40 PM)Yoshimaster96 Wrote: Can the MaxScript import animations? The Blender plugin doesn't seem to like bone scaling.
nope, it only does models only.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - Yoshimaster96 - 09-16-2019

(09-16-2019, 05:35 PM)Demonslayerx8 Wrote:
(09-16-2019, 04:40 PM)Yoshimaster96 Wrote: Can the MaxScript import animations? The Blender plugin doesn't seem to like bone scaling.
nope, it only does models only.
Okay.
The Blender plugin seems to not read the bone scale values properly. This is especially noticeable in moves such as Yoshi's grab hold (see the cheek bones in e00catchwait). This should probably be fixed.

[EDIT]
I think I found the problem (as well as a potentially unintended error):
On line 370 you set the compressed isotropic scaling value like so:
Code:
                        transform[2][3] = frameValue
However, when actually writing the values to Blender, this value gets ignored. I'm gonna try changing this to:
Code:
                        transform[2][0] = frameValue
                        transform[2][1] = frameValue
                        transform[2][2] = frameValue
and see if that works.

Also, on line 254, you had:
Code:
                    readDirect(ao, track)
I assume you meant:
Code:
                    readDirectData(ao, track)

[EDIT 2]
Never mind, the problem was on line 502. The first argument to
Code:
mathutils.Matrix.Scale
should be
Code:
track.animations[frame][2][3]
, not 1.
However, this doesn't seem to work completely. I'm gonna look more into it and see what I can do.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - Yoshimaster96 - 09-17-2019

Fixed the scaling issue.
Also dang, does Namco suck at topology. There's just single tris EVERYWHERE.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - Shararamosh - 09-17-2019

Is there a nuanmb importer for 3DS Max?

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - SubsonicBeatz154 - 09-17-2019

Has the NUMDLB importer plugin for Blender been updated for 2.8?

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - Demonslayerx8 - 09-17-2019

(09-17-2019, 08:57 PM)SubsonicBeatz154 Wrote: Has the NUMDLB importer plugin for Blender been updated for 2.8?
I believe it was, I remember some1 in the ultimate modding server use it on Blender 2.8.

edit:
can be found here as a pull request, was never accepted, but did hear that it worked
https://gitlab.com/Worldblender/io_scene_numdlb/merge_requests/2

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - SubsonicBeatz154 - 09-18-2019

I eventually ended up finding that myself, but thanks anyways!

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - ninetalescommander - 09-18-2019

So when I check the models for this game on the main site, there's these textures I'm not familiar with. The ones I know are "Col", "NOR", and "PRM".
Can someone tell me how to obtain these textures or if there's a guide link me to it?