The VG Resource
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: The Resources (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-109.html)
+--- Forum: The Models Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-111.html)
+---- Forum: Project Organization (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-119.html)
+---- Thread: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project (/thread-34836.html)

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - Toynota10 - 06-12-2019

Is Tiki being worked on?

Just curious

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - Dragon2H - 06-14-2019

Hey, is there a way to tranform the normal texture correctly, which means without the inklings paint or the metal noise on it?

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - OzottoCreates - 06-14-2019

Hey Guys!

I've seen people upload SSBU models onto Xnalara, and MMD and it had the face morphed correctly. Aka, shape keys in Blender. Doesn't anyone know how to add the faces as shape keys instead of them just being in layers and having to turn it's visibility off and on?

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - theaidan9030 - 06-14-2019

(06-14-2019, 02:35 PM)OzottoCreates Wrote: Hey Guys!

I've seen people upload SSBU models onto Xnalara, and MMD and it had the face morphed correctly. Aka, shape keys in Blender. Doesn't anyone know how to add the faces as shape keys instead of them just being in layers and having to turn it's visibility off and on?

Morphs work differently in MMD in that you can change the transparency of a texture (or UV transform) alongside standard vertex-based morphs.
In the case of these models, they're still in different layers, except that they're transparent and that turning on the morphs displays the faces while hiding the "idle" ones.
UV and texture morphs aren't available as shape keys in Blender, so you can't actually do that, which is why importing MMD models into Blender (through mmd-tools, for example) doesn't carry over these types of morphs.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - UnlockedAnimation - 06-17-2019

Hello! I noticed this project and was eager to pick it up as I'm eventually going to need to learn this stuff anyways. Smile
So I was able to use Worldblender's NUMDLB import script for Blender 2.79b and followed VirtualTurtle's video on how to apply the textures in Blender. I was working with the Samus model because I wanted to use it for something, and so everything went fine. After applying the node setup in Blender 2.79b, I opened it in Blender 2.8 and looked in awe of how amazing it looked XD.

I've already converted the textures to DDS using QuickBMS and then to pngs using Noesis. Everything looks fine except there's only one problem:

How do I export to Collada with the textures assigned to the DAE file?

I think somebody else already asked this question but I couldn't find any reply (or if there was one, I missed it during my search over the 31 pages in this thread). I'm still learning the nuances of Blender, and I've researched this question all over the interwebs but to no avail. I know this probably sounds like a stupid question, considering the fact that we already have a bunch of SSBU models that have the textures assigned to the DAE files that are on the Models Resource. But if anybody can answer this question for me, it will help me considerably because that's the only thing stopping me from being able to contribute more to the ripping project. I would be able to help a lot with the models, but I just need to figure this one thing out.

If anybody could PLEASE help me with this, I'm sorry if this sounds lame, but I'm a little desperate in case you can't tell. 

Obviously the DAE exporter in Blender 2.8 doesn't work yet, so I've tried Blender 2.79b but all I get are texture-less DAE models. Can I use Blender 2.79 or do I have to use something like 3DSMax for this?

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - rafamariofan - 06-21-2019

Something is making me crazy at lucario's texture. There is transparent alpha areas where in the game is clearly textured... can anyone help me understand what Nintendo did here? (or what I did wrong)

My first try, tried texturing the way my teacher taught me:
[Image: GULmzZU.png]

Second try, this time following VirtualTurtle's  tutorial... except that I skipped 3ds max part since I downloaded the .blendfile from Richard Qian's repository and used Blender 2.8 instead of 2.79...

Still no success.  Cry

[Image: R2gEg2q.png]

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - Makoto - 06-21-2019

(06-21-2019, 09:50 AM)rafamariofan Wrote: Something is making me crazy at lucario's texture. There is transparent alpha areas where in the game is clearly textured... can anyone help me understand what Nintendo did here? (or what I did wrong)

My first try, tried texturing the way my teacher taught me:
[Image: GULmzZU.png]

Second try, this time following VirtualTurtle's  tutorial... except that I skipped 3ds max part since I downloaded the .blendfile from Richard Qian's repository and used Blender 2.8 instead of 2.79...

Still no success.  Cry

[Image: R2gEg2q.png]
either duplicate material with no alpha and alpha on top to make a fake fur effect or just remove alpha

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - rafamariofan - 06-21-2019

(06-21-2019, 07:42 PM)Makoto Wrote: either duplicate material with no alpha and alpha on top to make a fake fur effect or just remove alpha

I don't think that's the case :/

Theres no material for that part... at all.. If I remove the alpha, I only get a pitch black texture thats way darker than lucario's paws.
https://i.imgur.com/dSXHuEN.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/IL6KzDt.png

I already tried duplicating it and changing the UV map of the duplicated polygons I put underneath, but that doesn't look very good, and it's clearly not what nintendo did.

I just discovered this was a problem with the Mac I use at work, at home, my pc rendered his arms correctly (not with Cycles Tho)

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - Estebantr - 06-22-2019

Hi .
i was into Super smash bros project till february (i'm busy because of college) and i wanna know if i can rip animations of young link ?

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - Kold-Virus - 06-23-2019

(06-22-2019, 04:45 PM)Estebantr Wrote: Hi .
i was into Super smash bros project till february (i'm busy because of college) and i wanna know if i can rip animations of young link ?

StudioSB, my friend.

After you get his files, of course!

https://github.com/Ploaj/StudioSB

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - rjc9000 - 07-19-2019

Hi, I'm a bit stuck with assigning textures in Blender.
I chose Marth for my first project and I have been following VirtualTurtle's Youtube tutorial for the past few hours on how to get the model. (Btw, thank you VirtualTurtle for that tutorial, it is a godsend for a complete n00b).

The one big thing that is stumping me is Marth's cape: I applied the image texture to the Principled BSDF and Material Out, but the cape is entirely red rather than the red inside and blue outside.

[img=1000x500] https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/513825459293650993/601933743632154644/capehelp.jpg?width=1162&height=677[/img]

Any advice on how to get the cape to match the correct coloring?
Thanks in advance.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - ninetalescommander - 07-20-2019

(07-19-2019, 07:35 PM)rjc9000 Wrote: Hi, I'm a bit stuck with assigning textures in Blender.
I chose Marth for my first project and I have been following VirtualTurtle's Youtube tutorial for the past few hours on how to get the model. (Btw, thank you VirtualTurtle for that tutorial, it is a godsend for a complete n00b).

The one big thing that is stumping me is Marth's cape: I applied the image texture to the Principled BSDF and Material Out, but the cape is entirely red rather than the red inside and blue outside.

[img=1000x500] https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/513825459293650993/601933743632154644/capehelp.jpg?width=1162&height=677[/img]

Thanks in advance.

Try this; Select the cape and then press tab to go into edit mode. Then press "Alt" and "S" and then use the up and down arrow keys to increase and decrease the size. This should properly align them.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - rjc9000 - 07-20-2019

(07-20-2019, 04:54 AM)ninetalescommander Wrote:
(07-19-2019, 07:35 PM)rjc9000 Wrote: Hi, I'm a bit stuck with assigning textures in Blender.

Thanks in advance.

Try this; Select the cape and then press tab to go into edit mode. Then press "Alt" and "S" and then use the up and down arrow keys to increase and decrease the size. This should properly align them.

Thanks, that worked like a charm! 
Still need more help though.

How would I reduce the size of the eyebrows without making them disappear entirely? I tried using the Shrink Flatten tool on the eyebrows, but I could never downscale the eyebrows without completely eliminating them.

[Image: eyebrowhelp.jpg?width=1442&height=619]

The texture for Marth's mouth seems to be shooting out the back of his neck. How would I fix this?

[Image: mouthneck.jpg]

Lastly, is Marth's skin supposed to look somewhat pale in Blender? I tried to adjust it as best as I could, but I feel like Marth's skin is a little off color.

Thanks in advance.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - ninetalescommander - 07-22-2019

For the eyebrows, you need to apply transparent nodes to make the black vanish. Use this node setup to achieve this: https://imgur.com/a/MXIYJgi
A
s for the pale skin, I actually just checked my Marth model and it has the same problem so I'll have to get back to you on that.
Sadly I can't help with the mouth problem as I do not know why that is happening. My only advice is to try highlighting the armature and doing holding "Alt" and then pressing R, G and S. This will reset the armature back to it's default position. Note: Don't press R, G, and S all at once, just 1 after the other while holding Alt.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - Worldblender - 07-26-2019

I notice that for all characters that wear capes that are different on their front and backs, backface culling should be turned on so that both sides will be visible (most game engines enable this by default for better performance). The same goes for Mr. Game & Watch and all of his alt costumes: enable backface culling so that the outline does not cover this whole body.
I strongly recommend against resizing either side of any cape; the model will be then be messed up, and the result hard to undo if not undone quickly.

I have also noted about the pale skin for many characters: this is most likely because of a special shader present only in the SSBU engine. Without it, the characters in question won't look as pretty, but they'll still have an acceptable appearance.