The VG Resource
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: The Resources (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-109.html)
+--- Forum: The Models Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-111.html)
+---- Forum: Project Organization (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-119.html)
+---- Thread: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project (/thread-34836.html)

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - ShadowSlyIX - 02-01-2019

(01-30-2019, 08:45 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: Piranha Plant has been added to the archive list now (along with some changed things -- look for the "v2" archives).

Also a side note regarding Isabelle -- I re-uploaded her archive because according to the v2 patch, a bunch of the textures for her extra models that had originally been for just c01-c07 (for some reason) were also meant to be for the original c00 set (but for some reason weren't), so I rearranged things to make more sense and cut down the redundancy.

Thank you for the update, right now i currently have Fox on pending right now. Take your time to get models underway, i'm not trying to rush you on this i'm just giving you a heads up. I know there are alot of models to approve, so... take your time on them. I can't wait to see Piranha Plant in the fighters section.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - ninetalescommander - 02-03-2019

I'm having a very annoying problem with Little Mac. For whatever reason, when I go into Rendered View in Blender (Cycle View), all of his skin textures turn completely black. They look perfect in Material View but move to Rendered and this happens
https://imgur.com/a/wLoSDTH

Anyone have any ideas?

Update: Turns out I needed to turn off "Use Alpha" in the Node Editor. If you ever find yourself with this problem, try that.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - ninetalescommander - 02-06-2019

Has there been any progress on Stage Ripping?

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - ShadowSlyIX - 02-07-2019

(02-06-2019, 10:24 AM)ninetalescommander Wrote: Has there been any progress on Stage Ripping?

I don't think so at this time. But i do believe there will be stages down the line in the future.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - ninetalescommander - 02-08-2019

(02-07-2019, 07:06 PM)ShadowSlyIX Wrote:
(02-06-2019, 10:24 AM)ninetalescommander Wrote: Has there been any progress on Stage Ripping?

I don't think so at this time. But i do believe there will be stages down the line in the future.

That's fine, I've got my hands full with the base roster anyway.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - Zero-Chan - 02-08-2019

Yeah i already worked (a month ago) on the Unova Pokemon League

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - ninetalescommander - 02-09-2019

(02-08-2019, 04:53 PM)New3DsSuchti Wrote:

Yeah i already worked (a month ago) on the Unova Pokemon League

Damn! That's awesome! Well done.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - Random Talking Bush - 02-09-2019

Stage models have been uploaded now. One issue, though, is the same one I mentioned earlier -- New Donk's stage folder is still missing a filename for one of its models. But I have had no luck finding the correct one so far, so I've left it as-is. Ho hum. Perhaps when I update the archive later with Joker's stage I'll have it by then.

I'll upload the character animations and effects next week-ish.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - Kold-Virus - 02-09-2019

Effects? as in, extracted from the eff files?

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - Random Talking Bush - 02-09-2019

(02-09-2019, 04:38 PM)Tabuu Forte Akugun Wrote: Effects? as in, extracted from the eff files?
Yeah, I'll split the BFRES from those for conveninece's sake.

Pardon my curiosity, Bush, but how do you open those up in the first place?

(02-09-2019, 05:45 PM)Tabuu Forte Akugun Wrote: Pardon my curiosity, Bush, but how do you open those up in the first place?
The effect files? They're basically just container files that hold the particle, texture and model data respectively. You can just trim those down to their BNTX and FRES headers and use 'em like you normally would for common Switch models.

Wow. XD So just Switch Toolbox lol

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - ninetalescommander - 02-09-2019

I just took a look into the Mii's files and I found it only has their costumes, how do we get the actual bodies?

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - Darkliger01 - 02-10-2019

(02-09-2019, 11:04 PM)ninetalescommander Wrote: I just took a look into the Mii's files and I found it only has their costumes, how do we get the actual bodies?

I'm not sure, but I think there might some model data for the Miis within the Switch itself (same with the systems before it), and games like Mario Kart and Smash take the Mii faces from there.