The VG Resource
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: The Resources (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-109.html)
+--- Forum: The Models Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-111.html)
+---- Forum: Project Organization (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-119.html)
+---- Thread: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project (/thread-34836.html)

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - ninetalescommander - 01-06-2019

(01-06-2019, 09:55 AM)Ganonthegreat1 Wrote: Has there been any progress regarding ripping animation files? I need to convert them to something readable by Blender for a project, but I haven't seen much information on the subject. I know it's possible to view animations from SSBB, SSB Wii U and SSB 3DS through various programs, has one been developed for Ultimate yet?

I think it's way too early for that. We haven't even gotten a proper way to rip stages yet (Unless I missed something) so I think animations are still a good wait.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - Ganonthegreat1 - 01-06-2019

(01-06-2019, 10:15 AM)ninetalescommander Wrote:
(01-06-2019, 09:55 AM)Ganonthegreat1 Wrote: Has there been any progress regarding ripping animation files? I need to convert them to something readable by Blender for a project, but I haven't seen much information on the subject. I know it's possible to view animations from SSBB, SSB Wii U and SSB 3DS through various programs, has one been developed for Ultimate yet?

I think it's way too early for that. We haven't even gotten a proper way to rip stages yet (Unless I missed something) so I think animations are still a good wait.

Can someone explain to me the process for using Switch Tool Box for extracting the textures? Currently trying to get it working but can't seem to figure out what to do.

Okay, thanks for letting me know. It's frustrating that the model/animation files are so different because Pokkén Tournament almost perfectly reused the SSB4 format even on the Switch I believe. Enough that you can run PT animations through Smash Forge with only an issue with flipped normals. At least, that's as far as I had gotten.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - ninetalescommander - 01-06-2019

(01-06-2019, 10:32 AM)Ganonthegreat1 Wrote:

Can someone explain to me the process for using Switch Tool Box for extracting the textures? Currently trying to get it working but can't seem to figure out what to do.

Okay, thanks for letting me know. It's frustrating that the model/animation files are so different because Pokkén Tournament almost perfectly reused the SSB4 format even on the Switch I believe. Enough that you can run PT animations through Smash Forge with only an issue with flipped normals. At least, that's as far as I had gotten.

I've actually been wanting to Rip the Pokken Tournament DX models for a while. Is it difficult or not that hard to do?

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - trainboy2019 - 01-06-2019

Use cross arc on the data.arc from ssbu's romfs, they're in root/fighter/<fighter name>/motion
(01-06-2019, 10:15 AM)ninetalescommander Wrote: I think it's way too early for that. We haven't even gotten a proper way to rip stages yet (Unless I missed something) so I think animations are still a good wait.
I've got the result stage ripped. Gonna upload it soon

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - Random Talking Bush - 01-06-2019

Stages can be ripped, it's just that there's a lot of this sorta thing that I'm still dealing with:
[Image: zXXB2kv.png]

(01-06-2019, 11:52 AM)trainboy2019 Wrote:

Use cross arc on the data.arc from ssbu's romfs, they're in root/fighter/<fighter name>/motion
Thanks, I'll try that. What exactly is "Cross Arc"? I've done some Googling and I haven't found anything. I see RTB just posted a screenshot of "ARCross" so I presume that's what you're talking about, but Googling that doesn't yield anything either.

(01-06-2019, 12:17 PM)Ganonthegreat1 Wrote:
(01-06-2019, 11:52 AM)trainboy2019 Wrote:

Thanks, I'll try that. What exactly is "Cross Arc"? I've done some Googling and I haven't found anything. I see RTB just posted a screenshot of "ARCross" so I presume that's what you're talking about, but Googling that doesn't yield anything either.

Yeah, it's confusing. The repo is called ArcCross, and the tool is called CrossARC. Here's the github link. https://github.com/Ploaj/ArcCross

(01-06-2019, 12:49 PM)trainboy2019 Wrote:
(01-06-2019, 12:17 PM)Ganonthegreat1 Wrote:
(01-06-2019, 11:52 AM)trainboy2019 Wrote: Use cross arc on the data.arc from ssbu's romfs, they're in root/fighter/<fighter name>/motion

Yeah, it's confusing. The repo is called ArcCross, and the tool is called CrossARC. Here's the github link. https://github.com/Ploaj/ArcCross

Thanks! I'll give that a go.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - Worldblender - 01-06-2019

Here are screenshots depicting what I have done so far as for modeling (as said last time, I made progress with only Kirby and Pac-Man so far). I'm trying to follow VirtualTurtle's video tutorial as closely as I can (except for using CrossMod to export the models), and I made it. However, when it's time to apply the textures, I open the node editor, and there are no nodes to be found! That's because I don't actually see any materials get exported along with the models, so I would have to recreate them, and fill them in with the textures. I could just try my luck applying a UV map, but that will take a lot of guesswork and time. I wonder if I'm doing something wrong, or if I'm just lost on what to do next.
    <- Pac-Man
    <- Kirby

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - Darkliger01 - 01-06-2019

(01-06-2019, 11:54 AM)Random Talking Bush Wrote:
Stages can be ripped, it's just that there's a lot of this sorta thing that I'm still dealing with:

Yikes! That is a lot. Well, I guess we need to be more patient on the stages then. Especially since there are 103 unique stages!! And that's not counting the Battlefield and Final Destination versions!

That being said, let me know when you get to the Reset Bomb Factory stage. I believe there's a model of Viridi in there.

(01-06-2019, 02:06 PM)Darkliger01 Wrote:
(01-06-2019, 11:54 AM)Random Talking Bush Wrote:
(01-06-2019, 10:15 AM)ninetalescommander Wrote: I think it's way too early for that. We haven't even gotten a proper way to rip stages yet (Unless I missed something) so I think animations are still a good wait.

Yikes! That is a lot. Well, I guess we need to be more patient on the stages then. Especially since there are 103 unique stages!! And that's not counting the Battlefield and Final Destination versions!

That being said, let me know when you get to the Reset Bomb Factory stage. I believe there's a model of Viridi in there.

Yeah, I've got them all dumped them all, not sure how to distribute it best, it's around 10 gb

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - Worldblender - 01-06-2019

(01-06-2019, 02:51 PM)trainboy2019 Wrote:
(01-06-2019, 02:06 PM)Darkliger01 Wrote:
(01-06-2019, 11:54 AM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: Stages can be ripped, it's just that there's a lot of this sorta thing that I'm still dealing with:

Yeah, I've got them all dumped them all, not sure how to distribute it best, it's around 10 gb

You might try a git repository like I did? Or other similar version control system?

BTW, I'm making great progress on my models. I don't really need to deal with nodes or the Cycles engine in Blender; I only need to deal with UV mapping, simply by loading the textures. After selecting the vertices, they will already be mapped, so I really don't have to do anything else. This is mainly for the body; I still have the other expressions to deal with.
    <- Kirby
    <- Pac-Man

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - Ploaj - 01-06-2019

>tfw animations were actually rip-able before models
[Image: FidMZ3G.png]

Oh stages can be ripped? Okay cool.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ripping Project - trainboy2019 - 01-07-2019

"Sorry, the file you attempted to upload was too large. Please make sure it is smaller than 250M and try again. Consider splitting your submission into multiple parts if necessary."

Oof, I guess I'll split Bowser Jr. into multiple pieces tomorrow.