The VG Resource
Shovel Knight RPG Sprites - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Creativity (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-126.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Sprites / Pixel Art (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-127.html)
+--- Thread: Shovel Knight RPG Sprites (/thread-34775.html)

Pages: 1 2

Shovel Knight RPG Sprites - WaterCat - 12-11-2018

Meow again! TSR staff! I was thinking of doing something with the shovel knight, until I had an idea! I found it intriguing to bring the shovel knight into an RPG game environment, those were the sprites I've done so far:

[Image: dcu74eb-020ccfa1-0f04-44ae-a1a8-6353d7fd74af.png]

Remembering that I'm an amateur at doing RPG sprites, so... what's your opinion? Shy

RE: Shovel Knight RPG Sprites - Retro64 - 12-11-2018

(12-11-2018, 03:16 PM)WaterCat Wrote: Meow again! TSR staff! I was thinking of doing something with the shovel knight, until I had an idea! I found it intriguing to bring the shovel knight into an RPG game environment, those were the sprites I've done so far:

Remembering that I'm an amateur at doing RPG sprites, so... what's your opinion? Shy

Wow, these look great! So much detail!

RE: Shovel Knight RPG Sprites - WaterCat - 12-11-2018

(12-11-2018, 06:40 PM)Retro64 Wrote:
(12-11-2018, 03:16 PM)WaterCat Wrote: Meow again! TSR staff! I was thinking of doing something with the shovel knight, until I had an idea! I found it intriguing to bring the shovel knight into an RPG game environment, those were the sprites I've done so far:

Wow, these look great! So much detail!

Thank you! Cute

RE: Shovel Knight RPG Sprites - SmithyGCN - 12-11-2018

Looking great, WaterCat! Smile Glad you went for this project.

RE: Shovel Knight RPG Sprites - WaterCat - 12-11-2018

(12-11-2018, 08:47 PM)SmithyGCN Wrote: Looking great, WaterCat! Smile Glad you went for this project.

Wow you're back! well... thank you very much Big Grin I'm not very good at doing rpg sprites, so this is my first time.

RE: Shovel Knight RPG Sprites - SmithyGCN - 12-12-2018

Hey, I visit at least once a day... I think. I usually hang out in the custom sprites section of the forum. So I get to see much of what people make. Wink If I have anything to add or someone needs encouragement or some pointers, I'll be sure to speak up.

RE: Shovel Knight RPG Sprites - WaterCat - 12-12-2018

(12-12-2018, 03:22 AM)SmithyGCN Wrote: Hey, I visit at least once a day... I think. I usually hang out in the custom sprites section of the forum. So I get to see much of what people make. Wink If I have anything to add or someone needs encouragement or some pointers, I'll be sure to speak up.

Oh... and what suggestion would you give to that pixel art? Big Grin

RE: Shovel Knight RPG Sprites - Ton - 12-12-2018

Very neat! My only critique so far would be that after the slash, the T on his face mask shifts a bit toward the "camera" while the horns don't move. They should rotate some, too.

(12-12-2018, 11:15 AM)Ton Wrote: Very neat! My only critique so far would be that after the slash, the T on his face mask shifts a bit toward the "camera" while the horns don't move. They should rotate some, too.

Thanks for your constructive criticism Smile

Update: now the shovel knight has a skill that allows him to dig a giant stone toward the enemy

[Image: dcuazav-4f56537d-b2f1-4a92-9ce4-2c2930d2399a.png]

RE: Shovel Knight RPG Sprites - WaterCat - 12-13-2018

I'm not going to set a date for when this pixel art is ready, but... probably next year.

I'm doing it for fun! it's not a fan-game project or something, I do not want to make a game with other people's characters, I want to make a game or comic with my own characters with original stories and unexplored themes Content

Are many ideas! some that I'm pretty sure no one has ever thought of before, others that are simple but very interesting concepts... one day I'm going to reveal these designs! maybe not here! but... in other media Big Grin

Sorry for talking too much... but I thought I should make it clear Shy

RE: Shovel Knight RPG Sprites - SmithyGCN - 12-13-2018

That's fine! Always good to make your own stuff! Big Grin I'd love to see what you come up with! So use your gift without abandon!

(12-13-2018, 02:15 AM)SmithyGCN Wrote: That's fine! Always good to make your own stuff! Big Grin I'd love to see what you come up with! So use your gift without abandon!

Thank always! SmithyGCN! It's good to know that someone would like to see my projects Content

Maybe I make a project through the kickstarter, but I'm probably going to do these projects myself, I have a hard time doing projects with other people (Unfortunately... I did not have this gift) Ouch!

But... you can see my little ideas in my deviantart (Only if you want)

RE: Shovel Knight RPG Sprites - SmithyGCN - 12-13-2018

What's your deviantart handle?

Also, it looks like you forgot to fix Shovel Knight's horns when his head turns in the attack swing. Just thought I'd mention it before someone else does. Wink

(12-13-2018, 08:28 PM)SmithyGCN Wrote: What's your deviantart handle?

Also, it looks like you forgot to fix Shovel Knight's horns when his head turns in the attack swing. Just thought I'd mention it before someone else does. Wink

I'm sorry, I didn't understand your first question and... I'll try to make the Shovel Knight's horns the next update.