The VG Resource
[Help] Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition Sound files - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: The Resources (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-109.html)
+--- Forum: The Sounds Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-112.html)
+---- Forum: Ripping Help (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-116.html)
+---- Thread: [Help] Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition Sound files (/thread-32353.html)

[Help] Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition Sound files - Oscar92player - 02-19-2018

Hello everyone! I've been able to obtain the sound files regarding Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition.

It seems that all the sounds (BGM, voices, and sfx) are in .pck containers, and inside them, there are tons of .wwise files. However, I'm unable to extract them, or converting them to OGG Vorbis or another useful sound format to play with Foobar2000 or other music players.

I don't know to much about that kind of PCK and WWise files, or where I can obtain the tools to unpack and convert them, so this is unknown territory for me.

I've uploaded the files regarding voices (Chapter 1 to Chapter 04, the only ones I have at this moment), so you can see if there is a way to unpack them and see if we can convert the files inside to a playable format.

Thanks in advance!

RE: [Help] Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition Sound files - saratogaroad - 02-19-2018

In general, the WWise Unpacker by Vextil can get into .pck files. In order to extract from these .pck, however, you'll need to replace the ww2ogg file that's in the Unpacker release with the most updated version from here, as there's been some changes to it since. Just copy everything from the ww2ogg zip into the Tools folder of the Unpacker, go back and double click on either of the .bat files (depending on your preference) and let 'er rip!

RE: [Help] Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition Sound files - Oscar92player - 02-20-2018

(02-19-2018, 08:25 PM)saratogaroad Wrote: In general, the WWise Unpacker by Vextil can get into .pck files. In order to extract from these .pck, however, you'll need to replace the ww2ogg file that's in the Unpacker release with the most updated version from here, as there's been some changes to it since. Just copy everything from the ww2ogg zip into the Tools folder of the Unpacker, go back and double click on either of the .bat files (depending on your preference) and let 'er rip!

Thanks, it is working fine with the files. Now I have to unpack them all, and if I can, since I only have the first four chapters of the game, and I don't know if all the voice files, SFX and other sound effects are complete.

RE: [Help] Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition Sound files - saratogaroad - 02-20-2018

It unpacks 524 files from VO_EP01, 374 files from VO_EP02, 650(!) files from VO_EP03, and 429 from VO_EP04. I can't speak for if this is all of them, just that that's what it pulled. There's some lower quality files mixed in, but these are all voice lines and/or sighs and other such sounds.

Which is to be expected from a file titled VO. VO usually stands for Voice Over; if you're after sound effects, you should probably be looking for a file with SFX somewhere in the title. BGM might be in there, too, not sure, but if you want everything from the game and it's more than 4 Episodes/Chapters? You're gonna need the EP05 and on files first.

RE: [Help] Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition Sound files - Oscar92player - 02-20-2018

(02-20-2018, 02:39 PM)saratogaroad Wrote: It unpacks 524 files from VO_EP01, 374 files from VO_EP02, 650(!) files from VO_EP03, and 429 from VO_EP04. I can't speak for if this is all of them, just that that's what it pulled. There's some lower quality files mixed in, but these are all voice lines and/or sighs and other such sounds.

Which is to be expected from a file titled VO. VO usually stands for Voice Over; if you're after sound effects, you should probably be looking for a file with SFX somewhere in the title. BGM might be in there, too, not sure, but if you want everything from the game and it's more than 4 Episodes/Chapters? You're gonna need the EP05 and on files first.

Well, this is all I could extract from the game. Fortunatelly, the game files are not hosted in the root folders, but in the external data folders of Android instead.
[Image: FF15_PE_Data_picture.png]

Those are all the sound files the game has at this moment. There are 10 chapters, but I only have the first 4 of them. Surprisingly, it has a good amount of data, and it uses the same sound effects, music, and voices like in the original game from consoles, so it is a good game after all.

I'll try to obtain the rest of the chapters, so I can unpack all the files, but I will need some time.

RE: [Help] Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition Sound files - PhiDX - 10-05-2019

Hey, any progress on the rest of the chapters' assets, or maybe some direction on where to get to it? I'd be happy to finish the work, but hitting a lot of permissions issues.

RE: [Help] Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition Sound files - PhiDX - 10-06-2019

(10-05-2019, 07:44 PM)PhiDX Wrote: Hey, any progress on the rest of the chapters' assets, or maybe some direction on where to get to it?  I'd be happy to finish the work, but hitting a lot of permissions issues.

Follow-up: Finally managed to get all 10 chapters, combat sounds, and non-dialogue voice lines (combat, exploration, etc.) Will work on packing and uploading them, in case anyone still wants them.

RE: [Help] Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition Sound files - thelocalthunderman - 01-23-2022

(10-06-2019, 01:48 PM)PhiDX Wrote:
(10-05-2019, 07:44 PM)PhiDX Wrote: Hey, any progress on the rest of the chapters' assets, or maybe some direction on where to get to it?  I'd be happy to finish the work, but hitting a lot of permissions issues.

Follow-up: Finally managed to get all 10 chapters, combat sounds, and non-dialogue voice lines (combat, exploration, etc.) Will work on packing and uploading them, in case anyone still wants them.

lemme get them i'm making versus xiii