The VG Resource
Sonicfan32's customs/edits. - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Creativity (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-126.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Sprites / Pixel Art (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-127.html)
+--- Thread: Sonicfan32's customs/edits. (/thread-31514.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Sonicfan32's customs/edits. - Sonicfan32 - 10-29-2018

Here's a couple more Vampire Gex poses...

RE: Sonicfan32's customs/edits. - Sonicfan32 - 11-30-2018

Recently started working on the Media Dimension lord/Gex's arch enemy/dad(?), Rez. It's only one sprite, but I managed to get a good palette for it. It looks more dark and metallic compared to Gex's vibrant and colorful look.

(PS1 sprites for scale and comparison)

RE: Sonicfan32's customs/edits. - Sonicfan32 - 12-02-2018

Here's a small group of sprites based off of the ones seen in Evan Wells's secret shoot 'em up minigame in Gex 1 (3DO).

"This door will take Gex so far away that he can't come back! Make sure you saved your game recently!"

RE: Sonicfan32's customs/edits. - Sonicfan32 - 12-09-2018

Just started work on the NES Opus sprites again for the winter, so here's a couple of new sprites I did today. Does anyone have any thoughts?

RE: Sonicfan32's customs/edits. - Ton - 12-11-2018

You've done really well with 8-bit stuff. Opus looks awesome!

RE: Sonicfan32's customs/edits. - Sonicfan32 - 12-12-2018

Here's couple of Gex NES sprites I found in a week-old chr file I made, consisting of more Rez sprites, some enemy geckos (from New Toontown and Jungle Isle in order), some player projectiles, and effects. 

RE: Sonicfan32's customs/edits. - Sonicfan32 - 12-15-2018

Just started work on some NES sprites based off of the ones from Duckula 1 and 2 I ripped a month ago. How do they look?

RE: Sonicfan32's customs/edits. - Sonicfan32 - 12-19-2018

A couple of changes and extra poses and faces made for the Count Duckula sheet were done today (with comparisons to the actual sprites from the games). Any thoughts?

RE: Sonicfan32's customs/edits. - Sonicfan32 - 01-09-2019

I just started work on some SG-1000-styled Sonic sprites. I tried making them look small and limited by SG-1000 standards, using only 2 colors and a sprite size similar to those of the system's own version of Flicky.

Edit: Decided to replace the old sheet with the final sheet.

RE: Sonicfan32's customs/edits. - Sonicfan32 - 01-10-2019

Here's a couple of the Sonic sprites in motion. Some sprites were touched up a bit. Other than that I think I'm pretty much done with it.

RE: Sonicfan32's customs/edits. - Grounder - 01-10-2019

Looks more like like Sonic.EXE to me, but there's only so much you can do with two colors.

RE: Sonicfan32's customs/edits. - shadowman44 - 01-11-2019

I had no idea you made customs, holy hell these are so good. Especially the Duckula ones!

RE: Sonicfan32's customs/edits. - Sonicfan32 - 01-20-2019

Here's a bit more Duckula sprites, with Igor, Duckula 2 items, and Tremendous Terence's ship as new additions.

The 4th Duckula sprite is supposed to be when he's transported by Tremendous Terence (who I somehow can't draw properly) in Duckula 2. I plan on making Duckula 2 enemies next.

RE: Sonicfan32's customs/edits. - shadowman44 - 01-20-2019

There's an alternate universe where Capcom made a high quality Duckula platformer for the NES and I'm still pissed off we don't live in it.

RE: Sonicfan32's customs/edits. - Sonicfan32 - 01-21-2019

(01-20-2019, 07:16 PM)shadowman44 Wrote: There's an alternate universe where Capcom made a high quality Duckula platformer for the NES and I'm still pissed off we don't live in it.

I wish! Imagine what they could've done with the series that Alternative almost barely did (although I don't know if they'd be interested in licensed games during the early 80s...)

Anyways, the sprites I'm about to show is what stemmed from a chat on a Discord server about NES Maker (which I can't afford) and the potential of a new Duckula game made on it. Nothing too special, but I think I did good with the design. They're based off of assets from Duckula 1 and 2 for the Amiga.

Here's a "mockup" I made also posted from the Discord.