The VG Resource
"Other Systems" Ripping Project - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: The Resources (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-109.html)
+--- Forum: The Spriters Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-110.html)
+---- Forum: Project Organization (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-118.html)
+---- Thread: "Other Systems" Ripping Project (/thread-31460.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: "Other Systems" Ripping Project - Magma MK-II - 02-22-2018

Player
Player

Title and Pieces
Title and Pieces

Jacky
Jacky

Lazy sheets from lazy ripoffs. Cave Wonders is the most interesting of the bunch, since it's a sort of roguelike.

RE: "Other Systems" Ripping Project - Superjustinbros - 02-26-2018

Here's some new sprites of a newly-dumped game! This one's been on my radar for quite a while:
Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong

I would like to also do Stanley but for now here's the big ape himself.
EDIT: And here's Stanley.
Stanley
Stanley

RE: "Other Systems" Ripping Project - shadowman44 - 02-27-2018

Title Screen
Title Screen

Backgrounds
Backgrounds

Here's a few more X1 sheets, the emulator I use is rather difficult to rip from as there's no pause feature. Hope we can get the X1 promoted to the main systems by the end of this week!

RE: "Other Systems" Ripping Project - Magma MK-II - 02-27-2018

Its missing six games right now!

RE: "Other Systems" Ripping Project - Magma MK-II - 02-28-2018

Everything
Everything

No idea who developed this game.

RE: "Other Systems" Ripping Project - Superjustinbros - 02-28-2018

Moving back to PC-88, here's something from Dig Dug:
Terrain Tiles
Terrain Tiles

Not a good port thanks to being ruined by the controls, unfortunately.

RE: "Other Systems" Ripping Project - Magma MK-II - 02-28-2018

Square Logo
Square Logo
Title Screen
Title Screen

I'd like to rip Brain Breaker, but I can't get past the first screens.

RE: "Other Systems" Ripping Project - Superjustinbros - 03-01-2018

(02-28-2018, 02:24 PM)Magma Dragoon Wrote: I'd like to rip Brain Breaker, but I can't get past the first screens.

I can relate. There’s a few PC-88 games I’d love to make some rips of myself, but unfortunately they’re text heavy Japanese text adventure games which are impossible to make progress through without translations, of which there are pretty much none, especially on a system as obscure and not well-documented as the PC-88 and Sharp X1.

The only one of it’s kind that I did was Gall Force, of which I only did the one thing that was easily accessible (the intro and title art).

RE: "Other Systems" Ripping Project - Magma MK-II - 03-01-2018

Title Screen
Title Screen

Here, have a shamelessly Frank Frazetta-traced artwork in the meanwhile.

RE: "Other Systems" Ripping Project - Kendotlibero - 03-02-2018

Yeah, i'm finishing the pc98 touhou games, since they are more documented than anything on that system
The first one is done, Lotus Land Story is the next

RE: "Other Systems" Ripping Project - Superjustinbros - 03-02-2018

Walky and Nyankies
Walky and Nyankies

And another PC88 game joins the fray.

RE: "Other Systems" Ripping Project - Yawackhary - 03-03-2018

Whoever knew that a PM on here got me to rip a Sharp X1 game and it was disk ripped too. Thanks shadowman for the idea. I didn't get much luck with disk ripping with most games seems to either just display text, in a unsupported format and games such as Bomberman and Excitebike seem to be compressed. I really wanted to rip Stop the Express however it seems to be one of those dumped but hoarded games, judging by the other Hudson games it might be compressed anyway. At least I managed to do one even though at first, I didn't know the game that I was ripping from! It was listed as Disk 8.

Everything
Everything

Should be 2 games left until promotion. Do have a bit of Tennis done however it seems to be literally a NES port (same sprite format) and has a few issues. There's another that I think that I can do on Disk 7 however again, don't know what game it is.

RE: "Other Systems" Ripping Project - Superjustinbros - 03-03-2018

Good ol Shadowman, always finding the really obscure stuff.

I'll see about looking for more PC88 stuff to rip in the meantime. Really wish M88 had more quality-of-life improvements common in other emulators; even an actual pause and quick screenshot feature would make it more useful for sprite-ripping things with lots of moving bits.

RE: "Other Systems" Ripping Project - shadowman44 - 03-04-2018

After for being in the "other systems" for considerably far too long, the Sharp X1 has finally made it's way to the core list with it's successor.

Title Screen
Title Screen

Title Screen
Title Screen

These rips may have seemed lazy or desperate but believe me, Sharp X1 ripping is anything but easy.
I would have done rips of things like the playable character (in some cases I have but they're unfinished) but unfortunately, Xmillenium does not support layer removal functions and being a system that uses multi-layered sprites it's kinda difficult telling the difference between the foreground and background graphics.

Hoping in the future someone comes along and writes an emulator that fixes all these issues.

RE: "Other Systems" Ripping Project - Superjustinbros - 03-04-2018

Congrats, X1! Big Grin
Also I second this so much.
I guess cause these emulators (at least the ones I use) are Japanese-based and sprite ripping isn't nearly as big in that territory compared to english-speaking ones.

It also says something when printscreening becomes the best tool for getting screen caps of these games. And most of them are crippled by unresponsive controls, which doesn't make them that fun to play either.

Like this game.
Title Screen
Title Screen

Something like this would be far easier to rip from with the improvements Shadowman and myself brought up; it still would be hell to play because the controls for this particular game are finicky and slippery but it would be easier to get the graphics and make proper sheets.