The VG Resource
Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: The Resources (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-109.html)
+--- Forum: General Ripping (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-145.html)
+--- Thread: Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts (/thread-29836.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

RE: Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts - MrBalrog - 03-22-2020

Was wondering whether there'd be a megathread like Pokemon/Smash for the model ripping project or if you're just letting people rip to their own desires, 'cause I would really like the model files as well :v

RE: Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts - Random Talking Bush - 03-23-2020

(03-22-2020, 11:57 PM)MrBalrog Wrote: Was wondering whether there'd be a megathread like Pokemon/Smash for the model ripping project or if you're just letting people rip to their own desires, 'cause I would really like the model files as well :v
For now, I can just supply the model files for anyone who doesn't have the means / time to dump their own copy of the game (either by posting here or asking via PM).

RE: Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts - Carpaccio - 03-23-2020

Someone I talk to who is a bit out of the loop requested that I ask you if you are going to, or know anyone who is going to, look into DooM Eternal and such. I'm assuming you probably wouldn't have interest in it, but I thought I'd humor them as I'm curious about the 'anyone else' part.

RE: Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts - Random Talking Bush - 03-23-2020

(03-23-2020, 07:28 PM)Carpaccio Wrote: Someone I talk to who is a bit out of the loop requested that I ask you if you are going to, or know anyone who is going to, look into DooM Eternal and such. I'm assuming you probably wouldn't have interest in it, but I thought I'd humor them as I'm curious about the 'anyone else' part.
Seems there's already others working on that: https://twitter.com/dtzxporter/status/1241844471874179078

RE: Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts - Chris Shade - 03-25-2020

Now that X Dive is released, have you taken a look at it? or are you done with Mega Man?

RE: Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts - Random Talking Bush - 03-27-2020

BFRES script update again.

Code:
Fixed a dumb oversight that CosmicDreams reported which caused vertex colours on Switch models to be accidentally doubled.
https://mega.nz/#!i8Qw0ABa!xcRzmxzT22OnOcBvCcUY0xcta7Cs50EC97y27qb41Ng

This is a pretty major bugfix, considering it ended up breaking vertex colour-heavy models such as the ones in Super Mario Odyssey. I am so mad at myself for not noticing this earlier.

(03-25-2020, 11:20 AM)Chris Shade Wrote: Now that X Dive is released, have you taken a look at it? or are you done with Mega Man?

Can't say for sure, I'm not that good at figuring out encryptions.

RE: Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts - Zambonifofex - 03-28-2020

Hello! I’m really sorry for butting into this thread like this.

I have been trying to rip models from the Senran Kagura games (either Shinovi Versus or Estival Versus — I own both) for a while now, but have been entirely unable to.

I was able to run the script for extracting `.cat` files, and I could run Windows on QEMU to be able to run 3DS Max when necessary.

The problem I have been running into, though, is that I don’t understand how the files are organized within the game directory. As I said, I *was* able to extract `.cat` files, but their nomenclature is offputtingly vague. There seems to occasionally be nested `.cat` files, even!

If someone could shed me some light about how the files are organized, and which files I need to process with which tool, it would be very thoroughly appreciated.

Many apologies in case this isn’t the appropriate place to ask for help like this.

Thanks in advance for the attention!

RE: Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts - Chris Shade - 03-29-2020

Random question for quick bms scripts, but how do I write a command in a .BAT file to run a script on a folder of files?

RE: Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts - Mysticus - 03-31-2020

Hello, RTB.
I've tried to extract .bars file from Animal Crossing New Horizons with your bars script.
But I got this error. Any plans upgrading?
[Image: 28bqeNK.png]

RE: Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts - soul117eater - 03-31-2020

alright, so, i'm trying to figure out how to extract character rig/armature data from xfbin containers of the cyber connect 2 ninja storm 4 game. I’ve tried 2 variants of the cpk files that i managed to successfully decrypt fully with 100% decompression on the xfbin files. the steam version of the game, and the ps4 version of it. so far, i've run into a wall. Random talking bush, would you happen to have any idea on what would work for getting those rigs / armatures out of the max files in the xfbins?

I’ve looked into the model files with hexinator and have found that the models *are* all max files inside of xfbin containers. But the encryption of the xfbin containers is distinctly different from those in CC2’s jojo’s bizarre adventure

RE: Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts - Carpaccio - 04-01-2020

Hey uh, this might be a stupid question, but how the heck do I get the proper normal maps for Telltale Games? I've tried getting them from The Wolf Among Us, and no matter what I use to extract them, they just come out like...completely yellow and white.

RE: Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts - Carpaccio - 06-13-2020

Hey uhm, dunno how long it's been since I last asked this, but...I've been waiting a long time for the script to rip from Runner 2. You had said a long time ago that you planned to release the script for it, but I haven't heard anything since. Is that still in the works? I really want to be able to get stuff from said game.

RE: Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts - Kold-Virus - 06-13-2020

Hey, RTB! Unrelated, but I hope you're having a kickass birthday, my dude! You deserve it.

RE: Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts - Random Talking Bush - 06-18-2020

(06-13-2020, 09:49 AM)Carpaccio Wrote: Hey uhm, dunno how long it's been since I last asked this, but...I've been waiting a long time for the script to rip from Runner 2. You had said a long time ago that you planned to release the script for it, but I haven't heard anything since. Is that still in the works? I really want to be able to get stuff from said game.
Eventually. I've got so many scripts that I've been meaning to finish up and make updates to for the longest time...

Speaking of scripts, yet another update to my Switch BNTX QuickBMS script, which I spotted when updating the Pokémon Sword/Shield submissions on tSR.
Code:
Fixed BC2_UNORM / DXT3 textures (e.g. Pokémon Sword/Shield's trainer card frames) exporting incorrectly due to a wrong bit count! D'OH!
https://mega.nz/file/Dh5QBIBI#izQ0qC38ebBLSM3kTH4Fya27VWpCkwoVtIECZvwvEFY

RE: Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts - Makoto - 06-27-2020

Hi Rtb, I was tryong to rip models from yoshi wooly world(mainly interested in player model, poochie and testmap009) but the files i have are in gfa format, not bfres, and so your script doesn't find them. It doesn't seem like they need to be extracted with another script according to 1st page...