The VG Resource
Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: The Resources (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-109.html)
+--- Forum: General Ripping (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-145.html)
+--- Thread: Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts (/thread-29836.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

RE: Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts - amazingmudkip - 03-26-2018

Hello, i was wondering if there's any way to export as .nud? Currently i've edited a model of Don-Chan from taiko wiiu3 using the smash/taiko NUD importer, but im unsure of how i'd get it back in the game.

RE: Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts - Hiccup - 03-28-2018

(08-10-2017, 08:01 AM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: Updated the Switch BNTX script again:

Code:
Fixed certain textures being incorrectly exported (apparently I miscalculated the height ranges, whoops!)
Fixed RGBA32-format textures that were less 128 pixels in height not being exported correctly.
Tweaked the script so now it only adds image dimensions to the filenames if they need to be manually cropped

https://mega.nz/#!XwAjSYBa!JQ9wy3qGHvo7hXbXuvOQ8K9nJJhGX3wBU-uvRAKJy54

As always, lemme know if there's something that still doesn't work correctly (besides the ASTC stuff, but gdkchan's converter would be better for those).
Do you say this because some don't work with astcenc?

RE: Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts - Random Talking Bush - 04-13-2018

Just a small update today. Added a Kirby: Star Allies file decompression script (actually I did a while back, but shhhhhh), and updated my Switch BNTX script since I didn't have support for detecting BC2_UNORM_SRGB textures (of which there are a few in Star Allies), even though common sense should've told me to do that in the first place. Whoops! (EDIT: Though I'm gonna need to fix it again sometime soon since there's still some textures that don't work right...)

Also I'm gonna need to update my BFRES script sometime soon too, as I found out that some map models in Star Allies (yep, again) are mangled (e.g. the trees in the first world).

(03-26-2018, 11:39 PM)amazingmudkip Wrote: Hello, i was wondering if there's any way to export as .nud? Currently i've edited a model of Don-Chan from taiko wiiu3 using the smash/taiko NUD importer, but im unsure of how i'd get it back in the game.
Sorry, I only write importers, not exporters. Too many unknown values to worry about for that sorta thing for now. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(03-28-2018, 02:23 PM)Hiccup Wrote: Do you say this because some don't work with astcenc?
Pretty much, yeah, the unswizzling mess that I've got in my script doesn't know quite what to do for those. At least Noesis converts those correctly.

RE: Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts - Shinigami_Guntz - 04-14-2018

If you have the time, could you possibly look into klonoa 2 lunatea's veil? im working on it myself and ive got models from it but they're nearly always distorted and have somewhat messed up uv's. ive been using ninja ripper, i actually managed to get nice rips finally but the uv's are still pretty screwed, i was hoping to possibly have a script that can rip them via the bin file. Which would be alot easier than using ninja ripper since its one of those games that rips the exact pose the character was in and not in a t-pose.

RE: Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts - Carpaccio - 04-18-2018

Soooo...upon experimenting with Kirby Star Allies, I decided to try and load up the biggest enemy in the game, the 'Final Boss'. This led to a significant error, something about 'Weight', and caused a severe memory spike which caused my entire computer to freeze and nearly crash. When things finally stabilized, he had partially imported, but was missing his legs and had a 'starburst' of bones surrounding him. I killed 3DSmax's process since it had stopped responding, and retried without the 'import rigging' option. I had assumed this would import without bones and weights and such, but apparently not. The same thing happened either way. So that's a pretty big problem on this guy...

RE: Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts - SunSunne - 04-18-2018

Upon trying to import Kirby's model from Star Allies into 3dsMax, he has no textures and is completely white. What am I doing wrong?

RE: Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts - Random Talking Bush - 04-18-2018

(04-18-2018, 02:52 AM)Carpaccio Wrote: Soooo...upon experimenting with Kirby Star Allies, I decided to try and load up the biggest enemy in the game, the 'Final Boss'. This led to a significant error, something about 'Weight', and caused a severe memory spike which caused my entire computer to freeze and nearly crash. When things finally stabilized, he had partially imported, but was missing his legs and had a 'starburst' of bones surrounding him. I killed 3DSmax's process since it had stopped responding, and retried without the 'import rigging' option. I had assumed this would import without bones and weights and such, but apparently not. The same thing happened either way. So that's a pretty big problem on this guy...
I'm actually already aware of that and I'm working on a fix. Thanks for letting me know regardless!

(04-18-2018, 08:51 PM)SunSunne Wrote: Upon trying to import Kirby's model from Star Allies into 3dsMax, he has no textures and is completely white. What am I doing wrong?
Are you using the "DDS" option? If so, you'll need to convert them to PNG and use the respective option instead, as 3DS Max doesn't properly support DX10-based textures (which most Switch games use).

RE: Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts - Carpaccio - 04-18-2018

Looking forward to the updated script!

Also, I wanted to extract Marx from the update...but uh...I can't find the update files myself, and he was the primary model I'm looking for. Can you glean any insight as to how I might acquire his model?

RE: Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts - Demonslayerx8 - 04-18-2018

for update files, you would need to own the update on the switch and get the data urself and then use HACTool to get the romfs and extract files from it, it's what had to be done with the FEW DLC (actually had to buy the DLC just to get the models as they're not included in the update)

so you'll have to ask some1 that can dump games from their switch, and if they have the game, ask them to grab the free DLC data.

RE: Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts - Carpaccio - 04-19-2018

Well crap...that's a downer. I have no access to a Switch myself much less any method to dump from it. Crud...well...if anyone can manage to get the DLC files, let me know via PM please!

RE: Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts - SunSunne - 04-20-2018

(04-18-2018, 09:14 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: Are you using the "DDS" option? If so, you'll need to convert them to PNG and use the respective option instead, as 3DS Max doesn't properly support DX10-based textures (which most Switch games use).

Upon using the png option and using converted png files, Kirby looks very deformed. I ripped the model straight from the game, so I don't know what could be wrong.

RE: Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts - Carpaccio - 04-21-2018

(04-20-2018, 07:42 PM)SunSunne Wrote:
(04-18-2018, 09:14 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: Are you using the "DDS" option? If so, you'll need to convert them to PNG and use the respective option instead, as 3DS Max doesn't properly support DX10-based textures (which most Switch games use).

Upon using the png option and using converted png files, Kirby looks very deformed. I ripped the model straight from the game, so I don't know what could be wrong.

The 'distortion' is due to model overlay. Kirby's model, upon import, is actually several 'shape' models of him over each other. It includes the 'inflated' for flying, the 'fat' for having inhaled something, and the normal Kirby. So for now you have to manually separate the three models of him or remove the ones you don't want.

RE: Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts - Random Talking Bush - 04-21-2018

(04-21-2018, 08:19 PM)Carpaccio Wrote: The 'distortion' is due to model overlay. Kirby's model, upon import, is actually several 'shape' models of him over each other. It includes the 'inflated' for flying, the 'fat' for having inhaled something, and the normal Kirby. So for now you have to manually separate the three models of him or remove the ones you don't want.
Five, actually, but the polygon names should give you an idea of how they're grouped ("BodyM", "BodyBigM", "BodyBlowM", "BodyDrawM" and "BodyFlightM"). Perhaps at a later time I'll see if I can attach the polygon groups to their respective visibility bones.

Oh, and you'll need to clamp the textures for Kirby's eyes, too, otherwise they'll just wrap around.

RE: Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts - Carpaccio - 04-22-2018

(04-21-2018, 08:36 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote:
(04-21-2018, 08:19 PM)Carpaccio Wrote: The 'distortion' is due to model overlay. Kirby's model, upon import, is actually several 'shape' models of him over each other. It includes the 'inflated' for flying, the 'fat' for having inhaled something, and the normal Kirby. So for now you have to manually separate the three models of him or remove the ones you don't want.
Five, actually, but the polygon names should give you an idea of how they're grouped ("BodyM", "BodyBigM", "BodyBlowM", "BodyDrawM" and "BodyFlightM"). Perhaps at a later time I'll see if I can attach the polygon groups to their respective visibility bones.

Oh, and you'll need to clamp the textures for Kirby's eyes, too, otherwise they'll just wrap around.

THANK YOU for reminding me. How do I clamp textures? I've been having that issue on so many of these models...also, when Importing normal Pon and Con, their textures seems a little glitchy under their armor.
EDIT: I just checked Pon and Kon's UV layout for their body textures and they're pretty noticeably broken. For some weird reason a majority of them are 'balled' up.

RE: Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts - Random Talking Bush - 04-22-2018

Updated the BFRES script:

Code:
Temporarily disabled auto-application of emissive textures as it was *still* causing some models to error when importing.
Fixed Switch models with over 65535 vertices not importing correctly (e.g. LvMap1BG\Field.bfres from Kirby Star Allies).
Fixed models with specifically 5 weight values failing to import (e.g. LastBoss, also from Star Allies).

https://mega.nz/#!uogkkDQZ!pPNLDguMWu7PUvyUg-o3sxW4CSu1ODx8VMJa8zo57VE

(04-22-2018, 12:20 AM)Carpaccio Wrote: THANK YOU for reminding me. How do I clamp textures? I've been having that issue on so many of these models...also, when Importing normal Pon and Con, their textures seems a little glitchy under their armor.
EDIT: I just checked Pon and Kon's UV layout for their body textures and they're pretty noticeably broken. For some weird reason a majority of them are 'balled' up.
For 3DS Max, you just have to go into the model's bitmap properties and uncheck both "Tile" options. Not sure how to make it stretch the edges (or even if 3DS Max can), but that'll make it not render anything past the boundaries. Otherwise, you'll need to edit the textures' canvas size directly, and then UVW XForm accordingly.

As for the "broken" UV mapping on Pon/Con, looks like it's because their first UV mapping layer uses the "Fur" normal map, and the second is the actual one for their diffuse texture. If you change the "Map Channel" from 1 to 2 in that same window, it should look correct.