The VG Resource
Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: The Resources (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-109.html)
+--- Forum: General Ripping (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-145.html)
+--- Thread: Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts (/thread-29836.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

RE: Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts - CashmereNoh - 02-08-2018

Hey guys, so I've been trying to make a mod for Smash 4 that replaces Captain Falcon's helmet with Jimmy T.'s afro from Game & Wario. However, when I try to merge the afro w/ Falcon in SmashForge and import that NUD into 3dsMax, I keep getting an error where it says "Runtime error: Unknown vertex type!" I'm very new to modding, so I don't really understand why this is happening.

Here's a pastebin of what the script says when I try to import the afro if that helps:
https://pastebin.com/4cqPt7LX

I really would appreciate any and all help. Thank you.

****UPDATE: I got it figured out finally. I was importing the Jimmy T .dae incorrectly. I was setting the Vert Type to "Normals, Tan, Bi-Tan(Float)." Not sure what to switch it to instead though because I want the afro to have normals.

RE: Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts - Carpaccio - 02-16-2018

Hey, RTB, I was wondering if you ever got to an importer for Trillion: God of Destruction's PC release? I want to get a few things from it...like Trillion himself...I tried it with the Vita importer but all his pieces import at 'zero rotation' rather than where they are on his body...

RE: Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts - phay007 - 02-22-2018

Thank you for your great scriptes!!!!But I used your script to import the .tmd files(Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed), i found that there are only models,no including the textures.Can you tell me how to get the texture from the game?

RE: Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts - Random Talking Bush - 03-03-2018

(01-26-2018, 12:16 AM)namine207 Wrote: Hey Bush!! I was wondering if there are any updates on the .*no plugin! Big Grin I totally understand if there aren’t though, it looks like you’ve been really busy!
I do still have plans for that, but I need to stop getting sidetracked by other projects.  Ouch!

(02-08-2018, 11:55 AM)CashmereNoh Wrote: Hey guys, so I've been trying to make a mod for Smash 4 that replaces Captain Falcon's helmet with Jimmy T.'s afro from Game & Wario. However, when I try to merge the afro w/ Falcon in SmashForge and import that NUD into 3dsMax, I keep getting an error where it says "Runtime error: Unknown vertex type!" I'm very new to modding, so I don't really understand why this is happening.

Here's a pastebin of what the script says when I try to import the afro if that helps:
https://pastebin.com/4cqPt7LX

I really would appreciate any and all help. Thank you.

****UPDATE: I got it figured out finally. I was importing the Jimmy T .dae incorrectly. I was setting the Vert Type to "Normals, Tan, Bi-Tan(Float)." Not sure what to switch it to instead though because I want the afro to have normals.
I was gonna say that it looks like you're using an older version -- the recent version is from May 14th, while the one you showed is the May 4th one. I re-did the importer since then, perhaps the new one fixes the issue?

(02-16-2018, 11:26 PM)Carpaccio Wrote: Hey, RTB, I was wondering if you ever got to an importer for Trillion: God of Destruction's PC release? I want to get a few things from it...like Trillion himself...I tried it with the Vita importer but all his pieces import at 'zero rotation' rather than where they are on his body...
Yeah, the PC version's already supported. Not sure why it's importing like that, though.

(02-22-2018, 09:08 PM)phay007 Wrote: Thank you for your great scriptes!!!!But I used your script to import the .tmd files(Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed), i found that there are  only models,no including the textures.Can you tell me how to get the texture from the game?
The textures should be in DDS format, located in the same archives as the TMDs. I'm sure there's a proper script for those that I'll dig up for ya later.

Anyway, I've got a minor update to my Telltale Games Almost-all-in-One importer script which includes a major addition!
Code:
Added support for Back to the Future: The Game (30th Anniversary Edition), PS4 version only!
Fixed D3DTX-to-DDS QuickBMS scripts so that file size is applied properly, whoops!

Download MaxScript
Download D3DTX to DDS QuickBMS Script

For the PS4 version of Back to the Future, you'll want to use the "_BttFPS4" script with the D3DTX files to get (broken) DDS files, and then use chrrox's QuickBMS script to convert those to GNF, and then finally Noesis to convert 'em to PNG.

RE: Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts - Lilothestitch - 03-03-2018

Would it be okay if I request a fix for the Pokémon XY BCH Importer Script where skinOps.ReplaceVertexWeights skinMod i bi wv gets highlighted and throws an error in 3ds Max 2015? 

[Image: gK5zwtc.png]

RE: Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts - don jon - 03-05-2018

bug report:
bfres script didnt work to repack switch bfres

am trying to figure this out due to new switch homebrew and sdcafiine for switch in the works

RE: Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts - Carpaccio - 03-05-2018

Yeah all of Trillion's 'Shell' models just import at zero rotation and axis, unless I'm missing how to make them place right...

RE: Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts - mister_sij - 03-10-2018

While using the d3dmesh importer I cant get the textures to import as well. Is this supposed to happen?

RE: Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts - Random Talking Bush - 03-10-2018

(03-10-2018, 03:56 AM)mister_sij Wrote: While using the d3dmesh importer I cant get the textures to import as well. Is this supposed to happen?
Most of Telltale's newer games have hashed IDs for texture names instead which makes it practically impossible to determine at the moment, so only the older ones work with that currently. Until (or even if) I can figure that out, textures will need to be manually applied for now.

(03-05-2018, 10:09 PM)don jon Wrote: bug report:
bfres script didnt work to repack switch bfres

am trying to figure this out due to new switch homebrew and sdcafiine for switch in the works
I really can't say much about troubleshooting custom BFRES files, sorry.

RE: Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts - MakutaMaster962 - 03-20-2018

@Random Talking Bush

I just sent you an important PM. Please check you Inbox when you get the chance.

RE: Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts - N1AF - 03-24-2018

I'm trying to import some Splatoon 2 BFRES files into 3DSmax 2016 using the Switch MaxScript but the textures don't seem to import at all. The model and rig is fine, just not the textures.

First I tried just the MaxScript with no luck. Then I tried the QuickBMS method to rip the textures separately but the output DDS files have unknown header types so they're not openable by 3DSMax or a DDS viewer.

Any clues?

RE: Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts - Random Talking Bush - 03-24-2018

(03-24-2018, 02:40 PM)N1AF Wrote: I'm trying to import some Splatoon 2 BFRES files into 3DSmax 2016 using the Switch MaxScript but the textures don't seem to import at all. The model and rig is fine, just not the textures.

First I tried just the MaxScript with no luck. Then I tried the QuickBMS method to rip the textures separately but the output DDS files have unknown header types so they're not openable by 3DSMax or a DDS viewer.

Any clues?
Convert those DDS files to PNG using a program like Noesis. They're using a DX10-based format, which 3DS Max doesn't properly support.

RE: Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts - N1AF - 03-24-2018

(03-24-2018, 04:15 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote:
(03-24-2018, 02:40 PM)N1AF Wrote: I'm trying to import some Splatoon 2 BFRES files into 3DSmax 2016 using the Switch MaxScript but the textures don't seem to import at all. The model and rig is fine, just not the textures.

Any clues?
Convert those DDS files to PNG using a program like Noesis. They're using a DX10-based format, which 3DS Max doesn't properly support.

Thanks, just tried that. Noesis is now just giving me this error:
Code:
Output extension has set output file type to:
.png - PNG Image
Detected file type: DDS Image
WARNING: DDS lacks standard width/height/format flags. Using data members anyway.
WARNING: Not enough data for image in Image_DDS_ConvertDXT!
WARNING: Constructing default image because data could not be decoded.
Writing 'O:\Spla2\Plaza Stuff\Model\Obj_PlazaTurntable.Nin_NX_NVN\output\M_Mixer_Alb.png'.
Maybe I'm thinking the DDS itself is damaged by the export program/script?

RE: Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts - Random Talking Bush - 03-24-2018

(03-24-2018, 07:23 PM)N1AF Wrote: Thanks, just tried that. Noesis is now just giving me this error:
Code:
.png - PNG Image
WARNING: DDS lacks standard width/height/format flags. Using data members anyway.
Writing 'O:\Spla2\Plaza Stuff\Model\Obj_PlazaTurntable.Nin_NX_NVN\output\M_Mixer_Alb.png'.
Check to make sure you have the most recent versions of both QuickBMS and my BNTX script, as it appears to be working on my end:
[Image: g8L6LcJ.png]

(03-24-2018, 07:36 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote:
(03-24-2018, 07:23 PM)N1AF Wrote: Thanks, just tried that. Noesis is now just giving me this error:
Code:
.png - PNG Image
Check to make sure you have the most recent versions of both QuickBMS and my BNTX script, as it appears to be working on my end:
[Image: g8L6LcJ.png]

I did both which didn't work, then I realised my Noesis was very out of date (back from PkMn X/Y days). Updating that did the trick!