The VG Resource
Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: The Resources (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-109.html)
+--- Forum: General Ripping (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-145.html)
+--- Thread: Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts (/thread-29836.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

RE: Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts - Random Talking Bush - 01-04-2018

Updated my Telltale script again. Gotta love stupid mistakes!

Code:
Fixed the ordering for UV mapping layers so they're not being improperly scaled. Not fully tested, though.
Fixed models with vertex colours causing the script to pause for certain importers due to accidentally leaving in a break command.

https://mega.nz/#!ngBHFbAZ!TiapExUQ-yCEV4XAXUK72vq4h966PlmWXL5NUqn3Wtc

RE: Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts - Carpaccio - 01-17-2018

So, I'm guessing Super Mario Odyssey has a typical Mario/Nintendo format for the switch?

RE: Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts - Random Talking Bush - 01-17-2018

(01-17-2018, 10:40 PM)Carpaccio Wrote: So, I'm guessing Super Mario Odyssey has a typical Mario/Nintendo format for the switch?
Yep, it's BFRES, and I didn't need to change anything in the current script to make those work (same version number as Splatoon 2, as well).

RE: Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts - Carpaccio - 01-19-2018

Hey, RTB, I sent you a PM regarding Super Mario Odyssey's workings, wasn't sure if it went through, my net has been kinda screwy lately...

RE: Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts - Kold-Virus - 01-19-2018

(01-17-2018, 11:34 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote:
(01-17-2018, 10:40 PM)Carpaccio Wrote: So, I'm guessing Super Mario Odyssey has a typical Mario/Nintendo format for the switch?
Yep, it's BFRES, and I didn't need to change anything in the current script to make those work (same version number as Splatoon 2, as well).

Just too bad getting the files is like pulling teeth lol.

I pray someone cracks those XCI's wide open.

RE: Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts - KillzXGaming - 01-19-2018

Hey RTB, do you happen to have any documentation on the Switch BFRES format as it changed quite a bit from Wii U? I was thinking of making a few tools on the format and although the max script does help figure out the structure for some parts, an organised set of documentation like on mk8.tockdom or a 010 template would be quite useful.

RE: Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts - Random Talking Bush - 01-25-2018

(01-19-2018, 06:02 PM)KillzXGaming Wrote: Hey RTB, do you happen to have any documentation on the Switch BFRES format as it changed quite a bit from Wii U? I was thinking of making a few tools on the format and although the max script does help figure out the structure for some parts, an organised set of documentation like on mk8.tockdom or a 010 template would be quite useful.
I don't exactly have a guideline yet, but the major difference is that it uses 64-bit offsets, little-endian instead of big-endian, and textures are kept in embedded sub-archives instead of being with the models like with the Wii U's BFRES. Of course, those aren't the only differences, a number of things are rearranged and some things are completely different. I'll see what I can do to properly explain the differences later.

But speaking of BFRES:

Code:
Added an option to print material properties to the Listener.
Changed texture importing to a two-pass system so it shouldn't error if it tries to apply certain textures before a diffuse is assigned.

https://mega.nz/#!HgQAST4A!vmzfmpPurKANoKcpygyU-U5O1WeYbvdqhr1mUjCrw44

I should've had this update done months ago. Ouch!

RE: Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts - Kawasuzu - 01-25-2018

Using Pokken_DRP.bms on Braixen's model (depp654_000.drp) gives me the following error with quickbms:

Quote:Error: memory allocation problem

Not enough storage is available to process this command.

RE: Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts - Random Talking Bush - 01-25-2018

(01-25-2018, 09:13 PM)Kawasuzu Wrote: Using Pokken_DRP.bms on Braixen's model (depp654_000.drp) gives me the following error with quickbms:

Did you decrypt the DRP files first before decompressing them?

https://github.com/Sammi-Husky/Pokken-Tools/releases

RE: Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts - Kawasuzu - 01-25-2018

(01-25-2018, 09:19 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote:
(01-25-2018, 09:13 PM)Kawasuzu Wrote: Using Pokken_DRP.bms on Braixen's model (depp654_000.drp) gives me the following error with quickbms:

Did you decrypt the DRP files first before decompressing them?

https://github.com/Sammi-Husky/Pokken-Tools/releases
The 000 DRP file was decrypted. Do I also have to decrypt 001, 100 and 101?

RE: Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts - Random Talking Bush - 01-26-2018

(01-25-2018, 11:16 PM)Kawasuzu Wrote: The 000 DRP file was decrypted. Do I also have to decrypt 001, 100 and 101?
Those ones would be for the alternate costume and forms (such as Megas, for the ones that have 'em), so you might want to decrypt those as well.

RE: Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts - namine207 - 01-26-2018

Hey Bush!! I was wondering if there are any updates on the .*no plugin! Big Grin I totally understand if there aren’t though, it looks like you’ve been really busy!

RE: Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts - MakutaMaster962 - 01-26-2018

(01-26-2018, 12:16 AM)namine207 Wrote: Hey Bush!! I was wondering if there are any updates on the .*no plugin! Big Grin I totally understand if there aren’t though, it looks like you’ve been really busy!
That's something I would like to know, too.

RE: Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts - KillzXGaming - 01-26-2018

(01-25-2018, 08:49 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote:
(01-19-2018, 06:02 PM)KillzXGaming Wrote: Hey RTB, do you happen to have any documentation on the Switch BFRES format as it changed quite a bit from Wii U? I was thinking of making a few tools on the format and although the max script does help figure out the structure for some parts, an organised set of documentation like on mk8.tockdom or a 010 template would be quite useful.
I don't exactly have a guideline yet, but the major difference is that it uses 64-bit offsets, little-endian instead of big-endian, and textures are kept in embedded sub-archives instead of being with the models like with the Wii U's BFRES. Of course, those aren't the only differences, a number of things are rearranged and some things are completely different. I'll see what I can do to properly explain the differences later.

But speaking of BFRES:

Code:
Added an option to print material properties to the Listener.
Changed texture importing to a two-pass system so it shouldn't error if it tries to apply certain textures before a diffuse is assigned.

https://mega.nz/#!HgQAST4A!vmzfmpPurKANoKcpygyU-U5O1WeYbvdqhr1mUjCrw44

I should've had this update done months ago. Ouch!
Thanks. I did make a little mat xml extractor for those awhile back which helped me out though I really appreciate your efforts and it'll be alot more convenient to have that around. I do get alot of what changed now that I parsed quite a bit and looked through that bfres script, I was just curious as I may continue to do some tools for it and parse a bit more.

RE: Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts - deefordog - 02-04-2018

Has there actually been a .xci extractor for Odyssey (thats public) yet?