The VG Resource
Television Show/Cartoon/etc. Thread - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Discussion Boards (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-133.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-134.html)
+--- Thread: Television Show/Cartoon/etc. Thread (/thread-29207.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Television Show/Cartoon/etc. Thread - DarkGrievous7145 - 06-22-2016

Got to see significant chunks of the final episode of Person of Interest

Too bad I'm ages behind that series, also.

What does everyone think of the AMC original tv series?
My dad likes Hell on Wheels, so do I, but since I wasn't following it from the beginning, I couldn't be bothered to keep up with it after getting interested.
I liked Halt and Catch Fire, but failed to keep up with it at the very start. Seen two episodes
Always wanted to see the entirety, but have seen an ENORMOUS total of 1 Breaking Bad episode

Really, I can't think of many of these I don't like, it just boils down to personal motivation and time constraints or schedule conflicts.

Now, I need to sleep ~1 hour 30 minutes ago...

RE: Television Show/Cartoon/etc. Thread - miyabi95_ - 07-07-2016

Trying ponies again.

I got through two episodes of MLPFIM in the past, but I just never connected with the whole pony thing. nothing against it tho. the art style's very simple but unique and most of the characters are likable.

RE: Television Show/Cartoon/etc. Thread - DarkGrievous7145 - 07-10-2016

got to see a decent amount of Mr. Robot

interesting show, but DAMN is it hard to follow without seeing the previous episode(s)... Started on 8 cuz i happened to catch a marathon... forgot how far i got before i had to go do something else

RE: Television Show/Cartoon/etc. Thread - SuperTVGRFan18496 - 07-16-2016

I watches Spongebob (Season 1-3) The Simpsons and more Favorite Cartoons

RE: Television Show/Cartoon/etc. Thread - Chadook - 07-21-2016

Mostly Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad, and Drawn Together.

RE: Television Show/Cartoon/etc. Thread - DarkGrievous7145 - 07-21-2016

Seen all three

Still like Simpsons.
May quit watching family guy.
Watched a couple episodes of Drawn Together 'cuz it happened to be on and parents weren't home one night when I was younger. I may or may not ever watch it again, not that I have anything against it. Just not in my top 10 list of shows to make-up on.

RE: Television Show/Cartoon/etc. Thread - Chadook - 07-21-2016

(07-21-2016, 04:29 PM)DarkGrievous7145 Wrote: May quit watching family guy.

Because the late Seasons/Episodes got the show lose quality? It's the very most common reason people tend to say when they Quit Family Guy.

RE: Television Show/Cartoon/etc. Thread - DarkGrievous7145 - 07-21-2016

that's one reason, yep

RE: Television Show/Cartoon/etc. Thread - miyabi95_ - 07-22-2016

drawn together is pretty much "hey, do you like *insert classic cartoon*? we're gonna shit all over it in the most obnoxious fashion"

to me it's pretty poor taste of comedy but to others it might be fine.

RE: Television Show/Cartoon/etc. Thread - Gors - 07-22-2016

I don't watch anything at all nowadays. being an adult sucks

RE: Television Show/Cartoon/etc. Thread - Chadook - 07-22-2016

(07-22-2016, 12:42 AM)JazzGW Wrote: drawn together is pretty much "hey, do you like *insert classic cartoon*? we're gonna shit all over it in the most obnoxious fashion"

to me it's pretty poor taste of comedy but to others it might be fine.

It's not surprising you do not find this show funny, and i don't really blame you. To be honest, i liked few jokes, but the 3rd season is gone madly with overused and unfunny jokes, and let's not talk about the DVD-Only movie people.  Rolleyes It deals with everything filthy in this world, except the topic it was made about, the Show's being cancelled...

RE: Television Show/Cartoon/etc. Thread - AkumaTh - 07-22-2016

So what are your guys opinion on the Ducktales Reboot? It does look pretty cool so far.

http://deadline.com/2016/07/disney-xd-ducktales-teaser-art-creative-team-comic-con-1201789188/

RE: Television Show/Cartoon/etc. Thread - Chadook - 07-22-2016

(07-22-2016, 01:57 PM)AkumaTh Wrote: So what are your guys opinion on the Ducktales Reboot? It does look pretty cool so far.

http://deadline.com/2016/07/disney-xd-ducktales-teaser-art-creative-team-comic-con-1201789188/

Never watched that one before, but based on the image i've seen in this post, the art seems pretty cool.

RE: Television Show/Cartoon/etc. Thread - Dolphman - 07-22-2016

I'm looking forward to it, being a big Donald Duck fan and all since I was a kid. It's good he's given a bigger role than he did in the original.
As Tony Anselmo was still new to taking over Clarence Nash after he passed away and they felt he needed to evolve the voice before doing anything else with Donald at the time. Which was also kinda the reason for the creation of Launchpad and Gizmoduck to fill in for him.

The other good thing is how the producers confirmed they want to be more faithful to the Carl Barks stories. I think Don Rosa too.
Which is why Scrooge is in his red & black jacket, and Donald in a black sailor shirt. Plus the whole colour and art design as well.
And I like that they're making the nephews unique looking to each other, and, quite notably, how they're making Webby no longer a mini Daisy or generic/stereotypical girl role-model. She looks more interested and excited to being in the adventures, judging from the promos.

Hopefully it'll turn out good, as Donald alone has needed a comeback in ages.

RE: Television Show/Cartoon/etc. Thread - miyabi95_ - 07-22-2016

Hey Arnolds' coming back too. i find it a bit odd that they're keeping the designs the same, but then again it might be best to appeal to the people who grew up with the series rather than piss them off by changing everything lol