The VG Resource
Television Show/Cartoon/etc. Thread - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Discussion Boards (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-133.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-134.html)
+--- Thread: Television Show/Cartoon/etc. Thread (/thread-29207.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Television Show/Cartoon/etc. Thread - Inthegrave - 05-26-2016

Finished Gurren Lagann a second time! I was introducing other people to the show so naturally I was on board to watch it all over again.

I also just watched The Skeleton Dance cartoon and the Spooky Scary Skeletons music video made with the same cartoon.

RE: Television Show/Cartoon/etc. Thread - SmithyGCN - 05-26-2016

Going back to the Mr. Pickles topic from earlier:
I've never seen, Mr. Pickles and, from what I know of it, I'm not going to start watching it either any time soon. Defeated

Lord willing, I'll be getting Fantasia and BatMan Mask of the Phantasm this month. Having not seen either since my childhood.

RE: Television Show/Cartoon/etc. Thread - Dolphman - 05-26-2016

Finished watching Bordertown after the finale. Bit of a hit and miss with me, even if I enjoy Hank Azaria in animated shows and movies.
Not surprising that it didn't get good ratings and then cancelled after the season was done. It's going to be dated years to come.

One thing that was annoying here in Australia is how they advertised it as Seth MacFarlane's new show, not even giving the actual creator credit.
He had little involvement in it, being only a producer and his company Fuzzy Door handling the rest.

I guess everyone's sick of MacFarlane nowadays, with Ted being his only good thing. I did enjoy both Ted movies, by the way.
And the premise of a racist border patrol agent living next door to a jolly Mexican bloke doing better than him mustn't have worked.
Especially with how Bud Buckwald and his family was every redneck stereotype you could imagine.

At least this was one the few funny things that came out of it.

RE: Television Show/Cartoon/etc. Thread - SchAlternate - 05-26-2016

I don't know if anyone mentioned it yet, or if it's in the right discussion, but they're making a new Mega Man cartoon.

http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/690429-new-mega-man-cartoon

I'm a bit iffy about the art style we're shown here, but that design isn't half bad. Kinda like a cross between Mega Man classic and X, with a hint of Tron. It's been made by the guys that worked on Ben 10, so that's a thing.

Oh, and yes, the fanbase is going a bit bonkers about it.

RE: Television Show/Cartoon/etc. Thread - miyabi95_ - 05-27-2016

Ben 10 was popular with the kids, and I think it still is seeing as there's so much merchandise out there to this day. But I definitely assume the oldschool fans aren't too happy with this new series...Well, they've barely shown anything other than a doodle of the main protagonist.

RE: Television Show/Cartoon/etc. Thread - DarkGrievous7145 - 05-27-2016

There's ANOTHER new Ben 10 series?

I didn't hear great stuff about Omniverse, and personally, I couldn't be bothered to watch it.

I probably would count as an oldschool fan, myself.
I don't think I'll be keeping up with the new stuff, anymore

MLP update: season 6 episode 4

As for SU, I'm definitely curious about the ending of the new episode...
Also, I am currently very far behind on the series as a whole, anyways.
Missing a bit or seeing stuff out of order doesn't bug me as much, seeing as I actually have so much to catch-up on before the current event. There's a ton of stuff I'm in the dark about, and must fight my desire to just go to the wiki for the answers. That's why my next binge make-up will be SU. I actually did start doing that a while ago, but quit... I forgot what episode I even got up to, even...

RE: Television Show/Cartoon/etc. Thread - AkumaTh - 05-27-2016

(05-27-2016, 02:32 AM)DarkGrievous7145 Wrote: As for SU, I'm definitely curious about the ending of the new episode...
Also, I am currently very far behind on the series as a whole, anyways.
Missing a bit or seeing stuff out of order doesn't bug me as much, seeing as I actually have so much to catch-up on before the current event. There's a ton of stuff I'm in the dark about, and must fight my desire to just go to the wiki for the answers. That's why my next binge make-up will be SU. I actually did start doing that a while ago, but quit... I forgot what episode I even got up to, even...

Which new episode? A couple got leaked. I'm going to guess its the one that just aired (Peridot trying to get on Lapis's good side). If you want spoilers, click below...

RE: Television Show/Cartoon/etc. Thread - Phantom Killah - 05-27-2016

(05-26-2016, 11:46 PM)SchAlternate Wrote: I don't know if anyone mentioned it yet, or if it's in the right discussion, but they're making a new Mega Man cartoon.

I'm a bit iffy about the art style we're shown here, but that design isn't half bad. Kinda like a cross between Mega Man classic and X, with a hint of Tron. It's been made by the guys that worked on Ben 10, so that's a thing.

I'm not even a Megaman fan but that design looks like trash. The suit is ok, I guess, but that smug lifeless face makes me want to punch him

RE: Television Show/Cartoon/etc. Thread - DarkGrievous7145 - 05-27-2016

whoah...oops!

well, i saw that one.
i'll just wait for the next one, but there's definitely a few elements in the ending i'd like to know about

as for the rest of the show, the simple fact is that the time slots conflict with other schedules. my parents ultimately decide what we watch on t.v. the only time i have free rein is when they're doing other stuff, or aren't home. i think i managed to make-up up to episode 40 or so, but i don't remember.

RE: Television Show/Cartoon/etc. Thread - DioShiba - 05-27-2016

(05-26-2016, 11:46 PM)SchAlternate Wrote: I don't know if anyone mentioned it yet, or if it's in the right discussion, but they're making a new Mega Man cartoon.

Ugh.

The least they could have done was make the design a pseudo bad box art mega man instead of aiming for an anime-like design. Though seeing that it's from the same guys who made Ben 10 over and over again I shouldn't be surprised.

RE: Television Show/Cartoon/etc. Thread - miyabi95_ - 05-28-2016

curious...would anyone happen to know if Teenage Robot was cel-animated? the facial animations are very 90's PPG-esque but everything else looks more like it was computer-generated.

either way, it's great to look at : D

RE: Television Show/Cartoon/etc. Thread - DarkGrievous7145 - 05-28-2016

No idea, sorry...
Is it possible to look that up anywhere?

RE: Television Show/Cartoon/etc. Thread - AkumaTh - 05-29-2016

(05-28-2016, 02:40 AM)JazzGW Wrote: curious...would anyone happen to know if Teenage Robot was cel-animated? the facial animations are very 90's PPG-esque but everything else looks more like it was computer-generated.

either way, it's great to look at : D

My Life as a Teenage Robot, right? I'm pretty sure it was traditionally animated. If I'm wrong, you could always ask the original creator.

RE: Television Show/Cartoon/etc. Thread - Koh - 05-30-2016

I'm gonna guess web cartoons count here?

One I've been hooked on is relatively recent, having started back in February; Cat and Keet. Originally known as Bunty Aur Billy in India while it aired on Hungama TV, this cartoon is reminiscent of old cartoons like Tom and Jerry or Sylvester and Tweety, where it's all about silly slapstick and action, with simple plots that start it all. While the animation doesn't win any awards (it's so obviously Flash animated), the character designs are simple and charming I'd say (see my avatar). Billy (the cat) is my favorite of the main characters. There's also Bunty the parakeet, Dunks the donkey and Sethji the human master who appears occassionally.

I'd recommend checking it out if you're interested. Here's the latest episode, which was uploaded today, and from there you could get to the others uploaded so far.

RE: Television Show/Cartoon/etc. Thread - Dolphman - 05-30-2016

I remember watching some cult french cartoons by this one studio. They had some wacky slapstick ones that are on par with classic cartoons.
Oggy and the Cockroaches feels more like classic Tom & Jerry than the 2006 and 2014 shows. The latter has worse animation, though.
They also have this even zanier cartoon about a shark who protects his mermaid girlfriend from a hyena who wants to eat her fish half.

And speaking of Tom & Jerry.
It's such a shame they haven't been doing good since, probably the Fred Quimby directed shorts as the series went downhill very quickly.
Pretty much everybody pretends the Gene Deitch shorts, the series where they were friends, Filmation series, and Tom & Jerry Kids don't exist.
As for the Chuck Jones shorts? His take felt more like Looney Tunes. Even he admitted he didn't know how the characters worked.