The VG Resource
Wii U Ripping Catch-All Thread - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: The Resources (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-109.html)
+--- Forum: The Models Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-111.html)
+---- Forum: Project Organization (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-119.html)
+---- Thread: Wii U Ripping Catch-All Thread (/thread-26504.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Wii U Ripping Catch-All Thread - Farlavor - 03-27-2015

(03-26-2015, 04:27 AM)Tiberious Wrote: RTB, have you looked into getting the files from Mii Maker?

I know it seems like it's one of those titles that nobody's interested in, being a pre-loaded title, but hopefully Smash's use of it might change that.

I think he did tried that to rip Mii characters from Smash Bros... but with no avail.
Maybe we have to wait some time until he figures out how to get the Mii data.  Tongue

RE: Wii U Ripping Catch-All Thread - Tiberious - 03-27-2015

Well, what Smash does is it has the suit data for the Mii Fighters, but it also draws data from the Mii Maker application for the heads.

That's why I'm suggesting getting the Mii Maker files, so we can see how we can essentially recreate Mii data within our modeling apps.

RE: Wii U Ripping Catch-All Thread - Random Talking Bush - 03-27-2015

(03-27-2015, 06:02 PM)Tiberious Wrote: Well, what Smash does is it has the suit data for the Mii Fighters, but it also draws data from the Mii Maker application for the heads.

That's why I'm suggesting getting the Mii Maker files, so we can see how we can essentially recreate Mii data within our modeling apps.
I checked that not too long ago, the Mii heads themselves don't use a known model format -- it's all in a FFLResHigh.dat/FFLResMiddle.dat file.

RE: Wii U Ripping Catch-All Thread - Mystie - 03-27-2015

The ISOs for Bayonetta 2 and TW101 have been dumped, not sure if they're online yet. If they are, then has anyone been able to look at the files? I'd like to know what kind of encryption they use, seeing as how Platinum changes up the .dat encryption every few games.

RE: Wii U Ripping Catch-All Thread - Carpaccio - 03-27-2015

Hate to be a bother, but has any further research been done into the Hyrule Warriors models? I really would like to get Wizzro for my collection some time soon.

RE: Wii U Ripping Catch-All Thread - Tiberious - 03-28-2015

Those sound to me like LOD models.

I'm wondering if you might be able to compare High and Mid for the same object and see what matches. (I'd think that the lower would share some vertex positions with the higher, especially if they wanted to keep the same bounding box)

RE: Wii U Ripping Catch-All Thread - TGE - 03-29-2015

I wouldn't be surprised if it's a derivative of the FMDL format, perhaps an earlier version.
That's what often happens with sdk formats.

Side note, I don't know if RTB fixed the reading into the future bone thing, but you can loop through all the bones first and save the bone data (name, parent, tfm) to a struct inside an array
and then after all the bones have been parsed you can do another bone loop and loop through the bone data you saved. That way you can parent bones to bones that would otherwise not exist yet. eg:

RE: Wii U Ripping Catch-All Thread - Glasos - 04-17-2015

Anyone looking for Mario Party 10 models? I opened a .bin file in HxD and found some interesting lines but I don't know how to extract the content.

[Image: 47p3gFt.jpg]

RE: Wii U Ripping Catch-All Thread - Carpaccio - 04-30-2015

I feel like I'm beating a dead horse at this point, but seriously, has there been any progress at all on Hyrule Warriors? I don't even need rigged models, just textured and fully THERE. Specifically Wizzro and Twili Midna, maybe Ruto too. I've tried searching everywhere I can think of but no one has managed to covert them properly.

RE: Wii U Ripping Catch-All Thread - Struggleton! - 04-30-2015

I also, would love to get those models. I can get most other ones, but those have broken models when exported. ;(

Is Tingle broken too? I haven't looked? I need the model files again.

RE: Wii U Ripping Catch-All Thread - Struggleton! - 04-30-2015

(04-30-2015, 05:04 PM)Carpaccio Wrote: Is Tingle broken too? I haven't looked? I need the model files again.

Yeah, he is, though his statue isn't.
EDIT: if you want all the dlc and stages, you can ask me for them

Well may I have a look at them? If you have a chance to tonight, since I'm going to be pretty occupied tomorrow. Just send a PM my way with a link and that'll be good. Smile

RE: Wii U Ripping Catch-All Thread - Chaofanatic - 05-03-2015

Some of the .DAT models in The Wonderful 101 can be opened in Noesis just fine while others cause the program to hang and crash. I remember TGE mentioning he was working on a Platinum WMB Maxscript before and it could probably help get to the models that aren't accessible by Noesis if it's around.
Has anything happened with that as of late?

RE: Wii U Ripping Catch-All Thread - OS-PRIME - 05-03-2015

(05-03-2015, 06:58 PM)Chaofanatic Wrote: Some of the .DAT models in The Wonderful 101 can be opened in Noesis just fine while others cause the program to hang and crash. I remember TMB mentioning he was working on a Platinum WMB Maxscript before and it could probably help get to the models that aren't accessible by Noesis if it's around.
Has anything happened with that as of late?

Mystie is gonna freak when she hears this.
Also, is Zant's model in Hyrule Warriors corrupt?