The VG Resource
Wii U Ripping Catch-All Thread - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: The Resources (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-109.html)
+--- Forum: The Models Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-111.html)
+---- Forum: Project Organization (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-119.html)
+---- Thread: Wii U Ripping Catch-All Thread (/thread-26504.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Wii U Ripping Catch-All Thread - lemurboy12 - 02-22-2015

Anyone know how to extract from Nintendo Land's szs files?

RE: Wii U Ripping Catch-All Thread - RatchetMario - 02-23-2015

(02-22-2015, 09:44 PM)lemurboy12 Wrote: Anyone know how to extract from Nintendo Land's szs files?

Use "WiiUExplorer" something like that, at the latest I tried it on Mario 3D World works...

RE: Wii U Ripping Catch-All Thread - Farlavor - 02-23-2015

it seems once again it requires some kind of hardware... this time... The Wii U itself... and already hacked... Tongue
oh dear... I dunno how to exactly do that for the following reasons...

1- I don't have a Wii U... I am thinking on buying one in a closer future... but maybe it will be updated already if I going to buy one.

2- I lack the knowledge for doing a process of ripping models from console to PC unless if it's done by a kind of Pendrive/SD card to copy or place the ripped files.

3- I thought it was possible in the PC, by just ripping the WiiU disk or ISO directly.

Anyway... I was just looking for the WiiUExplorer... and I just found out it works only on some outdated versions of Wii U... making it not working for 5.1.1 or upper versions. Sad

RE: Wii U Ripping Catch-All Thread - nerufan1haku - 02-24-2015

(01-14-2015, 03:17 PM)Mystie Wrote: RatchetMario has stated that the tools needed to rip Wii U games are now public, so I felt it would be appropriate to make a thread for Wii U model ripping.

Similar to the general 3DS ripping thread, feel free to post which games you are going to rip from, post your rips, model scripts/programs, etc.

Games/apps we have so far:

Known file formats:
  • .BFRES (common model format)
  • .GTX (common texture format)
  • .BNFM (Wii Party U model format, may be used in other games too)
  • .SARC (package)
  • .DAT (Platinum Games model format)
where are these tools? Embarassed

RE: Wii U Ripping Catch-All Thread - Mystie - 02-24-2015

There should be a stickied thread in the Project Organization forum that has the BFRES script for 3DSMax, as well as the tools needed to extract and convert the textures.

As for the SARC packages, search "SarcUnpacker" on Google.

RE: Wii U Ripping Catch-All Thread - nerufan1haku - 02-27-2015

(02-24-2015, 01:06 PM)Mystie Wrote: There should be a stickied thread in the Project Organization forum that has the BFRES script for 3DSMax, as well as the tools needed to extract and convert the textures.

I've got mario kart 8 but how do I ripp the models off?

RE: Wii U Ripping Catch-All Thread - Mystie - 02-27-2015

(02-27-2015, 08:01 AM)nerufan1haku Wrote:
(02-24-2015, 01:06 PM)Mystie Wrote: There should be a stickied thread in the Project Organization forum that has the BFRES script for 3DSMax, as well as the tools needed to extract and convert the textures.

I've got mario kart 8 but how do I ripp the models off?

In MK8's main directory, there should be several folders, such as "common", "course", "driver", etc. Look inside any of these folders, and you should find .bfres files inside some of them. Just import the .bfres file into 3DSMax, and then extract the textures from said file using the texture tools.

RE: Wii U Ripping Catch-All Thread - Farlavor - 02-27-2015

Hey... maybe I didn't explain so well... but I asked a question... Should I need a Wii U to extract the models or not???

It's outmost important... because I don't want to waste my precious money in a console that undoubtely will be updated over version 5.0.0 and it guarantees I cannot use the WiiUExplorer software previously mentioned. and I think the Wii U Hacking is progressing too slow, and makes me harder to get any kind of ISO, considering that almost every host requires a Premium to download them. and I cannot trust in Torrents without a guarantee it has what I'm looking for. In this case... Super Mario 3D World.

So once again... Should I buy RIGHT NOW my Wii U even knowing that start saving money will cost me almost 1 year, and after getting the money, I will get an UNHACKABLE Wii U???

RE: Wii U Ripping Catch-All Thread - Random Talking Bush - 02-27-2015

(02-27-2015, 08:58 PM)Farlavor Wrote: Hey... maybe I didn't explain so well... but I asked a question... Should I need a Wii U to extract the models or not???

It's outmost important... because I don't want to waste my precious money in a console that undoubtely will be updated over version 5.0.0 and it guarantees I cannot use the WiiUExplorer software previously mentioned. and I think the Wii U Hacking is progressing too slow, and makes me harder to get any kind of ISO, considering that almost every host requires a Premium to download them. and I cannot trust in Torrents without a guarantee it has what I'm looking for. In this case... Super Mario 3D World.

So once again... Should I buy RIGHT NOW my Wii U even knowing that start saving money will cost me almost 1 year, and after getting the money, I will get an UNHACKABLE Wii U???
No, in fact the methods to dump the games in the first place aren't even publicized -- the disc images on the internet are the only things used (and the title/common keys), the Wii U itself isn't necessary.

RE: Wii U Ripping Catch-All Thread - lemurboy12 - 02-28-2015

how'd that one person get stuff from Animal Crossing Plaza? was it dumped somewhere?

RE: Wii U Ripping Catch-All Thread - Hiccup - 02-28-2015

Crediar probably has knowledge about how to dump digital Wii U games.

RE: Wii U Ripping Catch-All Thread - Random Talking Bush - 02-28-2015

(02-28-2015, 12:39 PM)lemurboy12 Wrote: how'd that one person get stuff from Animal Crossing Plaza? was it dumped somewhere?
So I'm "that one person" now, eh?

Two words: update data. It had the Miiverse stamps (which were what I ripped), and unfortunately only one character model... which sucks because the textures are four times the size of the ones in New Leaf (even if the models are the same). If only I could find out how to get the actual game files...

RE: Wii U Ripping Catch-All Thread - Farlavor - 02-28-2015

(02-27-2015, 10:40 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote:
(02-27-2015, 08:58 PM)Farlavor Wrote: Hey... maybe I didn't explain so well... but I asked a question... Should I need a Wii U to extract the models or not???

No, in fact the methods to dump the games in the first place aren't even publicized -- the disc images on the internet are the only things used (and the title/common keys), the Wii U itself isn't necessary.

thanks. I was kinda worried, because I am decided to try with model ripping from Wii U games as well as 3DS roms. but since I live on Spain, I have very difficulties on gaining cash for buy stuff, even this year, I have to get the money for my summer vacations, and I think I don't have much time left, I need to get 250-300€.
normally in normal cases, I would buy a Wii U, but since I saw the Wii U explorer info on Gbatemp 
https://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-hacking-discussion.367489/ )
I was kinda worried, because if I start saving money by forgetting my summer vacations to Melilla, probably I can't find a Nintendo Wii U with 5.1.0 firmware, even today... 
It's the same situation like with 4.5 Nintendo 3DS firmware on Gateway... before the current update that supported up to 9.2 Firmware.

Anyway, if you say that I will not need the Nintendo Wii U to extract models from Downloaded ISOS (Even if I can't find a way to download them without having to pay for a -censored- premium membership), Then I will just focus on better priorities, and wait a little more before buying a Wii U for myself.  Shy

RE: Wii U Ripping Catch-All Thread - Random Talking Bush - 03-18-2015

So Mario Party 10 uses... the same model format as Wii Party (*.bnfm), not BFMDL like I had originally thought. Dang. Guess I'm gonna have to write up another model importer then, won't I?

RE: Wii U Ripping Catch-All Thread - Tiberious - 03-26-2015

RTB, have you looked into getting the files from Mii Maker?

I know it seems like it's one of those titles that nobody's interested in, being a pre-loaded title, but hopefully Smash's use of it might change that.