The VG Resource
Wii U Ripping Catch-All Thread - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: The Resources (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-109.html)
+--- Forum: The Models Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-111.html)
+---- Forum: Project Organization (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-119.html)
+---- Thread: Wii U Ripping Catch-All Thread (/thread-26504.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Wii U Ripping Catch-All Thread - Mystie - 05-03-2015

(05-03-2015, 08:11 PM)OS-PRIME Wrote:
(05-03-2015, 06:58 PM)Chaofanatic Wrote: Some of the .DAT models in The Wonderful 101 can be opened in Noesis just fine while others cause the program to hang and crash. I remember TMB mentioning he was working on a Platinum WMB Maxscript before and it could probably help get to the models that aren't accessible by Noesis if it's around.
Has anything happened with that as of late?

Mystie is gonna freak when she hears this.

I already knew about this as soon as RTB sent me the files. Wink

Wonder Pink is pending, working on getting Immorta and Wonder Blue next.

RE: Wii U Ripping Catch-All Thread - TGE - 05-03-2015

I also made a WMB maxscript a while ago (I'm assuming he isn't referring to me), shouldn't take too much effort to adjust it if needed.

RE: Wii U Ripping Catch-All Thread - Chaofanatic - 05-04-2015

Oh wow, I misspelled your name, heh, sorry. But yeah I meant you! It'd be a big help if you could fix up the maxscript for this! It just seems like Noesis locks up on all of the most important things like bosses and even some of the main characters.

RE: Wii U Ripping Catch-All Thread - TGE - 05-04-2015

Yeah sure, if anyone's willing to send me some files I'll look into it.

RE: Wii U Ripping Catch-All Thread - Chaofanatic - 05-04-2015

Sure thing! I'll get right on it, anything in particular you need besides some of the models that don't work in noesis?

RE: Wii U Ripping Catch-All Thread - TGE - 05-04-2015

It's nothing like the other WMB formats at all, lmao.
It's a simplified version of the format, there's a lot less to it.. except I didn't know what was what.
I spent all night figuring out the format because of that, oh well.
I'll work on it some more tomorrow. Hopefully get the weights and uvs.

EDIT: Did RTB write a quickbms script to extract the GTX's yet?

RE: Wii U Ripping Catch-All Thread - Random Talking Bush - 05-05-2015

(05-04-2015, 10:16 PM)TGE Wrote: EDIT: Did RTB write a quickbms script to extract the GTX's yet?
I did, as a matter of fact. Mystie and Chaofanatic were the first two to use it. Tongue

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/27874399/PlatinumGames_WTB_WU.bms

Use this with the WTB files to get the GTX textures (which you can unpack from the DAT files with the Bayonetta QuickBMS script), and then use the TexConv2 as usual to convert 'em.

RE: Wii U Ripping Catch-All Thread - TGE - 05-05-2015

Okay, it's done aside from automatic texture (not material) assignment. (May or may not get back to that)
I included the QuickBMS scripts for extracting the DAT files (modified by me for convience, it exports to a folder with the same name as the dat so you can easily batch extract everything), RTB's script for extracting the WTB files and texConv2
EDIT: I goof'd so redownload the attachment!
EDIT2: I updated the script a wee bit a while ago, so if you had any issues importing models, try the new one instead

RE: Wii U Ripping Catch-All Thread - Carpaccio - 05-09-2015

I'm still waiting for the Hyrule Warriors main AND DLC models, I can't seem to find the DLC anywhere. Does anyone have them which could be sent through PM so I could have a look at them?

RE: Wii U Ripping Catch-All Thread - larsenv - 05-10-2015

How do I extract the fzip files from Game & Wario?

RE: Wii U Ripping Catch-All Thread - Demonslayerx8 - 05-10-2015

for Wonderful 101 data##.cpk files... what do i need for them? the cpk unpacker i have wont unpack them.

RE: Wii U Ripping Catch-All Thread - Random Talking Bush - 05-10-2015

(05-10-2015, 10:01 PM)Demonslayerx8 Wrote: for Wonderful 101 data##.cpk files... what do i need for them? the cpk unpacker i have wont unpack them.
I just used Noesis for those.

(05-10-2015, 10:07 AM)larsenv Wrote: How do I extract the fzip files from Game & Wario?
It's simply-compressed, here's a QuickBMS script for that.

(And here's one for Kirby and the Rainbow Curse too, but I'd advise just asking me for the files because most of them were packed in another archive which I had to unpack manually.)

RE: Wii U Ripping Catch-All Thread - Demonslayerx8 - 05-10-2015

(05-10-2015, 10:52 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote:
(05-10-2015, 10:01 PM)Demonslayerx8 Wrote: for Wonderful 101 data##.cpk files... what do i need for them? the cpk unpacker i have wont unpack them.

yeah.. i just figured that out like 10mins ago xD

edit:
not sure where most of wonder reds textures r at.. :/
[Image: KVwTQkc.png]

edit:
figured it out.. his textures r spread out into multiple files.. but there's also issue's with his UV's also

RE: Wii U Ripping Catch-All Thread - larsenv - 05-11-2015

(05-10-2015, 10:52 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote:

(05-10-2015, 10:07 AM)larsenv Wrote: How do I extract the fzip files from Game & Wario?
It's simply-compressed, here's a QuickBMS script for that.

(And here's one for Kirby and the Rainbow Curse too, but I'd advise just asking me for the files because most of them were packed in another archive which I had to unpack manually.)

Thanks, I'll just ask you the files, so may I please have them wherever they are? Tongue

QuickBMS hadn't worked for me in the past, tried it with Kirby's Epic Yarn and said something about the file size was too big...

RE: Wii U Ripping Catch-All Thread - Mystie - 05-11-2015

What .cpk files? The files I was sent didn't have any CPKs at all.