The VG Resource
3DS Ripping Catch-All Thread - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: The Resources (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-109.html)
+--- Forum: The Spriters Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-110.html)
+---- Forum: Project Organization (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-118.html)
+---- Thread: 3DS Ripping Catch-All Thread (/thread-25989.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

RE: 3DS Ripping Catch-All Thread - Garamonde - 06-28-2015

Yay! The keychains would be awesome to have. What's the status on models?

RE: 3DS Ripping Catch-All Thread - Ehm - 06-28-2015

(06-28-2015, 09:31 AM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: Yay! The keychains would be awesome to have. What's the status on models?

Keychains. All models are BCH format. Out of the 50+ I've tested, none open with Ohana3DS.

Edit: Forgot that the tool I use has issues with transparency sometimes. All of those keychains are on the light side, sorry.

RE: 3DS Ripping Catch-All Thread - Ploaj - 06-28-2015

Not only does RH have stretching, it also has scaling.
From the videos and screenshots I saw, it looks like it has some sort of filtering.

[Image: BANamMz.png]
(Every piece in this frame is scaled or rotated)

Hardly a difference, but the bicubic one(second) is sharper.
Since they are supposed to be seen scaled down, I don't think it makes much of a difference, but I don't know what to go with.
The first one looks too blurry to me.

RE: 3DS Ripping Catch-All Thread - Jacinta burke - 06-28-2015

Talking of which, I also found this.

[Image: AAQAAAAVWgARG5KiOV]

It's the 3DS Home Menu/Miiverse community icon for Rhythm Heaven: The Best Plus, and it also seems to be a sprite. There's two variants for this one, a blue one (i haven't uploaded that one yet) and the yellow one (pictured).

Soon in the future, someone might upload the blue variant...

(06-28-2015, 12:09 PM)Ploaj Wrote: Not only does RH have stretching, it also has scaling.
From the videos and screenshots I saw, it looks like it has some sort of filtering.

[Image: BANamMz.png]
(Every piece in this frame is scaled or rotated)

Hardly a difference, but the bicubic one(second) is sharper.
Since they are supposed to be seen scaled down, I don't think it makes much of a difference, but I don't know what to go with.
The first one looks too blurry to me.
Let me see... the first one is a little blurry, and the second one is sharper. I think you should go with the sharpened one ( which is the second one).

RE: 3DS Ripping Catch-All Thread - scrangos - 06-28-2015

(10-15-2014, 10:11 PM)Ploaj Wrote: Um, I'm pretty useless with models, but I can kinda convert them.
[Image: hrvBsUo.png]
That's from the Affinity tester stuff.
Here is the texture, I think.
[Image: mOxrldo.png]
I haven't the slightest idea how to apply it, though.

Edit:
@Manki
Cute
[Image: aOaw8Rh.png]

Edit one more time:
I'll look at Mario & Luigi models this weekend and see if I can figure anything out.

Edit:
Yay for Tomodachi Life models! ... and Dream Team!
[Image: u4T5rJU.png][Image: lb5cQiE.png]

Would it be okay to ask how you managed to do the Rune Factory 4 portrait? I want to make a unpacker/packer for it, or use one if it exists.  I've searched high and low and cant seem to find something that works on those files.

(06-28-2015, 06:39 PM)scrangos Wrote: Would it be okay to ask how you managed to do the Rune Factory 4 portrait? I want to make a unpacker/packer for it, or use one if it exists.  I've searched high and low and cant seem to find something that works on those files.

This?
I don't remember. Could you upload a few samples?

RE: 3DS Ripping Catch-All Thread - scrangos - 06-28-2015

(06-28-2015, 06:48 PM)Ploaj Wrote:
(06-28-2015, 06:39 PM)scrangos Wrote: Would it be okay to ask how you managed to do the Rune Factory 4 portrait? I want to make a unpacker/packer for it, or use one if it exists.  I've searched high and low and cant seem to find something that works on those files.

This?
I don't remember. Could you upload a few samples?

Yeah, from that same game. Here are a couple of examples.  Thank you for your time =o

They are CGFX files, so unpacking them is no problem. Look at EveryFileExplorer and/or texturipper to extract them.
[Image: RYuOqOe.png][Image: fnH1teg.png]
CGFX files are technically models. I don't think packing/unpacking would work very cleanly.
EveryFileExplorer might be able to just replace the textures.

RE: 3DS Ripping Catch-All Thread - scrangos - 06-29-2015

(06-28-2015, 11:02 PM)Ploaj Wrote: They are CGFX files, so unpacking them is no problem. Look at EveryFileExplorer and/or texturipper to extract them.
[Image: RYuOqOe.png][Image: fnH1teg.png]
CGFX files are technically models. I don't think packing/unpacking would work very cleanly.
EveryFileExplorer might be able to just replace the textures.

Thank you, I had tried renaming them cgfx once when i saw the magic "CGFX" but seems I used the wrong program and gave up on that approach.  They are used as portraits for dialogue, rather odd choice to make them textures in a model file from a programming point of view for sure.

RE: 3DS Ripping Catch-All Thread - Ploaj - 06-29-2015

So according the the 3DS GPU specs here: http://www.tomsguide.com/us/dmp-pica200-gpu-3ds-dsi,news-7143.html
The 3ds uses "Bilinear texture filtering ". (That's the blurrier of the three, but the fastest, I suppose)

That means that my RH animation generator is decently accurate to how it would actually appear, so I'm confident the sheets will actually be close enough to work.

Something interesting I noticed too.

So here is the texture sheet for the air batter : http://i.imgur.com/3bVsBLY.png
But here is a generated frame:
[Image: 4eiLL7v.png]

It's scale down quite a bit.
The files I've testing have been really inconsistent, though. Some scale down and others don't. As long as rotations are working, I'm happy with it.

In any case, I think it's now safe to upload the pieces and animations.

RE: 3DS Ripping Catch-All Thread - Jacinta burke - 06-29-2015

(06-29-2015, 09:49 PM)Ploaj Wrote: So according the the 3DS GPU specs here: http://www.tomsguide.com/us/dmp-pica200-gpu-3ds-dsi,news-7143.html
The 3ds uses "Bilinear texture filtering ". (That's the blurrier of the three, but the fastest, I suppose)

That means that my RH animation generator is decently accurate to how it would actually appear, so I'm confident the sheets will actually be close enough to work.

Something interesting I noticed too.

So here is the texture sheet for the air batter : http://i.imgur.com/3bVsBLY.png
But here is a generated frame:
[Image: 4eiLL7v.png]

It's scale down quite a bit.
The files I've testing have been really inconsistent, though. Some scale down and others don't. As long as rotations are working, I'm happy with it.

In any case, I think it's now safe to upload the pieces and animations.

And speaking of that, I can also be able to upload the 3DS Home Menu/Miiverse Community Icon for this game.
Could you please rip everything from this game?

RE: 3DS Ripping Catch-All Thread - Dazz - 06-30-2015

Can you please just stop, Jacinta? Just, step away from the keyboard, and stop. Please.

RE: 3DS Ripping Catch-All Thread - Maxpphire - 06-30-2015

No, not only for a day or two. Forever. You've clearly been unrelenting in breaking the rules, so if you keep it up we'll have to ban you.

So as we've said. Stop.

RE: 3DS Ripping Catch-All Thread - Ehm - 07-08-2015

Can someone take a look at these graphics from Digimon World Re:Digitize Decode? The original game was on PSP, so I have a feeling the format may be related to the common PSP formats GIM (images) and GMO (models). The magic on the 3DS format is "GMIO".

RE: 3DS Ripping Catch-All Thread - Ploaj - 07-12-2015

Could someone approve the Rhythm Heaven 3DS game?
I want to continue uploading for it.

pls & thx