The VG Resource
Forum Styling General Thread - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Main Content (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-103.html)
+--- Forum: Site Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-106.html)
+--- Thread: Forum Styling General Thread (/thread-25925.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Forum Styling General Thread - Vipershark - 09-22-2015

Oh
Yeah that one was Petie, not me
He fixed that aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages ago so I couldn't even see that, lol

I fixed it but you should be using a better browser
get wrecked chrome

RE: Forum Styling General Thread - Petie - 09-22-2015

That definitely wasn't me. I don't use vendor-specific CSS or shorthand hex for colors. Regardless, problem solved I guess.

Neither do I, so that's weird. I use shorthand sometimes but I try to stay away from vendor-specific code whenever possible and definitely don't remember making that change.
Dazz, maybe...?

Or possibly part of the default theme? I'm too lazy to look right now but it might just be built-in and wasn't changed. Dazz has been known to use vendor-specific code in the past though...

RE: Forum Styling General Thread - Dazz - 09-22-2015

No way, I always use hex when it comes to production - I use vendor-specific when I'm just using inspect element.

That was mostly a joke. I am curious but it doesn't really matter. And in reality, the entire line can be removed - just leave the native CSS and it should work correctly.

Done.
I figured the vendor-specific part could be removed but I kept it just to be sure. Took it out and it still works, so the issue has been resolved.

RE: Forum Styling General Thread - Kosheh - 10-01-2016

y'know it completely slipped my mind but today i logged into VGR and here it is. a spooky scary theme-eton. sent shivers down my spine.

btw, i really like how the orange stands out on the URLs on this theme. Is there any chance we could get something similar on Darkest Resource so like. Links actually stand out amongst text without you having to squint really hard??

RE: Forum Styling General Thread - Vipershark - 11-29-2017

Petie/Dazz, Please change all instances of #0072BC to #0092DC in the Dark Resource theme.
The default link color is too dark for a dark theme (I understand that it was changed to make it stick out from text and it's probably just using the regular vgr color) but it's kind of hard to look at on my screen because the contrast between the text and the background is too low.
The new hex lightens the color value by 20, making it easier to see.

In addition, the current change highlights visited links (they're still gray) and it looks bad so .navigation will need to be changed to the same color as well.
Code:
.navigation a:link, a:visited, a:hover, a:active {
color: #0092DC;
}

RE: Forum Styling General Thread - Petie - 11-29-2017

Okay, I updated the navigation class but I'm not seeing 0072bc anywhere in the dark CSS sheet.

Okay, so I found it in the global CSS file but I don't want to modify every link in the process. Looking for an alternate solution.

RE: Forum Styling General Thread - Garamonde - 12-01-2017

Make the top banner of the forum have snow like on the main sites. Seems to make more sense.

RE: Forum Styling General Thread - Petie - 12-01-2017

Makes sense to me! Done!