The VG Resource
Pokémon Model Ripping Project - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: The Resources (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-109.html)
+--- Forum: The Models Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-111.html)
+---- Forum: Project Organization (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-119.html)
+---- Thread: Pokémon Model Ripping Project (/thread-25872.html)

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Random Talking Bush - 03-11-2016

(03-11-2016, 02:39 PM)nobody231 Wrote:
(03-11-2016, 02:34 PM)Deep Weeb Wrote:
(03-11-2016, 02:25 PM)nobody231 Wrote: I was too lazy to download rtb's textures Tongue but i did so anyways now

The problem was that the textures weren't set up the way that the UVs were, it seems that the BCH format has some magic UV setters. That or it's the 3DS that does so. So I remapped the UVs so they would work right.
Fixed blend here
Your crap is better than mine (?)  B)
And how I fix this everytime I have this problem?  Unsure

dammit now i have to explain stuffz
First, in Edit Mode, select all faces.
Second, bring up the UV Layout window.
Third, make sure that the cursor is in the bottom-left corner. If it isn't, zoom in all the way, and click there.
Fourth, make sure that the pivot point is set to 2D Cursor.
Fifth, scale the UVs to twice their size, on the X axis only.
Sixth, select everything that goes over the rightmost line on the grid.
Seventh, scale the UVs to -1.
Aaand you should be done! i hope that was clear
Ooooooor you could edit the textures directly (except for the "normal maps"), double the canvas size horizontally and paste a mirrored copy on the right side of the texture, then you don't have to worry about modifying the UV mapping. Much easier in my opinion (and also makes it so that the normal map textures actually work the way they should!).

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Lilothestitch - 03-11-2016

(03-11-2016, 02:59 PM)nobody231 Wrote:
(03-11-2016, 02:55 PM)Lilothestitch Wrote: I don't know if I should post this but is there any good animators that can make 3D animations with the Pokémon models in Blender or Autodesk Maya? I just thought I ask.

Not sure if this helps, but I'm currently learning how to animate, so I might be of use in the future. (I'm currently a crap animator)

Don't say that. I'm sure you are going to be a great animator. Let's talk about this in private so that I don't clog up the topic.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Pangri - 03-11-2016

(03-11-2016, 02:59 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote:
(03-11-2016, 02:34 PM)Deep Weeb Wrote: Your crap is better than mine (?)  B)

Third, make sure that the cursor is in the bottom-left corner. If it isn't, zoom in all the way, and click there.
Ooooooor you could edit the textures directly (except for the "normal maps"), double the canvas size horizontally and paste a mirrored copy on the right side of the texture, then you don't have to worry about modifying the UV mapping. Much easier in my opinion (and also makes it so that the normal map textures actually work the way they should!).
WOOHOO,it Kabutops! Big Grin

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Deep Weeb - 03-11-2016

(03-11-2016, 02:34 PM)Deep Weeb Wrote: Your crap is better than mine (?)  B)

Thanks! That works even better!  Big Grin
Now, how do I pose the pupils?

[Image: 9Rxu88h.png]

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Pangri - 03-11-2016

(03-10-2016, 09:20 PM)OS-PRIME Wrote:
(03-10-2016, 09:06 PM)Pangri Wrote: What is wrong of you,it doesn't make any sense.

Bro.
You have the audacity to ask what's wrong with me when you're the one shitposting on this thread with your single word replies?
Comeback when you actually learn some English and respect.

I did not say to comeback when I had respect-wait...did I say not really this saying "d'oh" in this video?....who care. Unimpressed

(03-11-2016, 04:17 PM)Deep Weeb Wrote:
(03-11-2016, 02:39 PM)nobody231 Wrote: dammit now i have to explain stuffz

Thanks! That works even better!  Big Grin
Now, how do I pose the pupils?

[Image: 9Rxu88h.png]

How did you pose the pupils,RTB?

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - FreezShocka - 03-11-2016

Ohhhhhh dear.............. Pangri is back.
Anyway, Lilo, I am currently in a class learning Autodesk Maya and came here to grab the files to animate for fun. On that note, could anyone tell me which file for the 3D Poke models should work in Maya? Thanks!

(03-11-2016, 05:01 PM)FreezShocka Wrote: Ohhhhhh dear.............. Pangri is back.
Anyway, Lilo, I am currently in a class learning Autodesk Maya and came here to grab the files to animate for fun.  On that note, could anyone tell me which file for the 3D Poke models should work in Maya? Thanks!

Try importing the models a FBX. Also report Pangri and ignore him.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Garamonde - 03-11-2016

sighs

Warned once again. If you don't contribute anything useful or mature to the thread after these next 12 hours are up, Pangri, then I'm unleashing the ban hammer.

Moving on.

(03-11-2016, 05:21 PM)Lilothestitch Wrote:
(03-11-2016, 05:01 PM)FreezShocka Wrote: Ohhhhhh dear.............. Pangri is back.
Anyway, Lilo, I am currently in a class learning Autodesk Maya and came here to grab the files to animate for fun.  On that note, could anyone tell me which file for the 3D Poke models should work in Maya? Thanks!

I know I should ignore him... thanks for the help.

RTB: How is Vanillite going? Not trying to rush, just curious.

(03-11-2016, 07:25 PM)FreezShocka Wrote:
(03-11-2016, 05:21 PM)Lilothestitch Wrote:

I know I should ignore him... thanks for the help.

And if Pangri continues this, please report it.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - OS-PRIME - 03-11-2016

(03-11-2016, 07:25 PM)FreezShocka Wrote: I know I should ignore him... thanks for the help.

I actually ported Vanillite over using Ohana. Rigging is perfect from what it seems. Need to merge the eyes but aside from that, it's already finished.

(03-11-2016, 08:02 PM)OS-PRIME Wrote:
(03-11-2016, 07:25 PM)FreezShocka Wrote: I know I should ignore him... thanks for the help.

I actually ported Vanillite over using Ohana. Rigging is perfect from what it seems. Need to merge the eyes but aside from that, it's already finished.

Cool, thanks! I'll test the model when I've got time! It'll be in your rips page then? I'll check there. Vanillite is my fav unevolved Pokemon, he's so CUTE!

And also Thanks Lilo for the help! I'll try that when I've got time Smile

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - OS-PRIME - 03-11-2016

Vanillite and Pineco have finally been submitted into the submission queue! Finally getting the hang of fixing pupil UV's and merging eye textures.l Should make me able to rip even more models that I couldn't properly do!

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Pangri - 03-12-2016

(03-11-2016, 11:16 PM)OS-PRIME Wrote: Vanillite and Pineco have finally been submitted into the submission queue! Finally getting the hang of fixing pupil UV's and merging eye textures.l Should make me able to rip even more models that I couldn't properly do!

I have a plan,what about if they had pokemon sounds in pokemon aime from Pokemon XY\ORAS? Smile

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - nobody231 - 03-12-2016

(03-12-2016, 12:42 PM)Pangri Wrote:
(03-11-2016, 11:16 PM)OS-PRIME Wrote: Vanillite and Pineco have finally been submitted into the submission queue! Finally getting the hang of fixing pupil UV's and merging eye textures.l Should make me able to rip even more models that I couldn't properly do!

I have a plan,what about if they had pokemon sounds in pokemon aime from Pokemon XY\ORAS? Smile

Reported. That's not even a reply to what he said.