The VG Resource
Pokémon Model Ripping Project - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: The Resources (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-109.html)
+--- Forum: The Models Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-111.html)
+---- Forum: Project Organization (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-119.html)
+---- Thread: Pokémon Model Ripping Project (/thread-25872.html)

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - eureka - 03-10-2016

Quote:What is wrong of you,it doesn't make any sense.
lern 2 engrush fam
No for real though what is even wrong with your head, you've been posting DOH in this thread with no context

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Yunpol - 03-10-2016

Guys, just ignore him. You guys are derailing this thread. At this point, he's just trolling around with you guys. Report and move on. Let the mods take care of him.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Garamonde - 03-10-2016

Well said. I have warned Pangri for spamming which has suspended their posting rights for 12 hours.

Pangri, if you keep this up you will be banned. Capiche?

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Lilothestitch - 03-10-2016

(03-10-2016, 11:30 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: Well said. I have warned Pangri for spamming which has suspended their posting rights for 12 hours.

Pangri, if you keep this up you will be banned. Capiche?

Thank god for that. Let's just move on.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Deep Weeb - 03-11-2016

I tried to rip some models by my own with the Ohana3DS Rebirth, but everytime I try to texture the model, the texture doesn't map properly. Anyone knows how to fix this?  Sad

[Image: CJpLG5L.png]
(Also, I try to rip the model as a .dae, but the model gets divided in multiple parts  Ouch! )

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - nobody231 - 03-11-2016

(03-11-2016, 01:20 PM)Deep Weeb Wrote: I tried to rip some models by my own with the Ohana3DS Rebirth, but everytime I try to texture the model, the texture doesn't map properly. Anyone knows how to fix this?  Sad

(Also, I try to rip the model as a .dae, but the model gets divided in multiple parts  Ouch! )

Check the UV mapping. It may not fit with the image, or you might have to do some fancy image tricks in Photoshop. Could you send me the .blend file? Pack in the textures to, so I can see. (If you don't know how, go to File, click on External Data, and then check the box saying Automatically Pack into .blend)

(03-11-2016, 01:56 PM)nobody231 Wrote:
(03-11-2016, 01:20 PM)Deep Weeb Wrote: I tried to rip some models by my own with the Ohana3DS Rebirth, but everytime I try to texture the model, the texture doesn't map properly. Anyone knows how to fix this?  Sad

Check the UV mapping. It may not fit with the image, or you might have to do some fancy image tricks in Photoshop. Could you send me the .blend file? Pack in the textures to, so I can see. (If you don't know how, go to File, click on External Data, and then check the box saying Automatically Pack into .blend)

Download

The textures are from RTB's files.  Wink

(03-11-2016, 02:10 PM)Deep Weeb Wrote:
(03-11-2016, 01:56 PM)nobody231 Wrote:

Download

I was too lazy to download rtb's textures Tongue but i did so anyways now

The problem was that the textures weren't set up the way that the UVs were, it seems that the BCH format has some magic UV setters. That or it's the 3DS that does so. So I remapped the UVs so they would work right.
Fixed blend here

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - FreezShocka - 03-11-2016

(03-10-2016, 10:53 PM)Lopunny Wrote: Guys, just ignore him. You guys are derailing this thread. At this point, he's just trolling around with you guys. Report and move on. Let the mods take care of him.

I know sorry, I just had to tell Pangri that once at least.

(03-11-2016, 02:25 PM)nobody231 Wrote:
(03-11-2016, 02:10 PM)Deep Weeb Wrote:
(03-11-2016, 01:56 PM)nobody231 Wrote: Check the UV mapping. It may not fit with the image, or you might have to do some fancy image tricks in Photoshop. Could you send me the .blend file? Pack in the textures to, so I can see. (If you don't know how, go to File, click on External Data, and then check the box saying Automatically Pack into .blend)

Download

The problem was that the textures weren't set up the way that the UVs were, it seems that the BCH format has some magic UV setters. That or it's the 3DS that does so. So I remapped the UVs so they would work right.
Fixed blend here
Your crap is better than mine (?)  B)
And how I fix this everytime I have this problem?  Unsure

(03-11-2016, 02:34 PM)Deep Weeb Wrote:
(03-11-2016, 02:25 PM)nobody231 Wrote:
(03-11-2016, 02:10 PM)Deep Weeb Wrote: Download

Fixed blend here

dammit now i have to explain stuffz
First, in Edit Mode, select all faces.
Second, bring up the UV Layout window.
Third, make sure that the cursor is in the bottom-left corner. If it isn't, zoom in all the way, and click there.
Fourth, make sure that the pivot point is set to 2D Cursor.
Fifth, scale the UVs to twice their size, on the X axis only.
Sixth, select everything that goes over the rightmost line on the grid.
Seventh, scale the UVs to -1.
Aaand you should be done! i hope that was clear

(03-11-2016, 02:39 PM)nobody231 Wrote:
(03-11-2016, 02:34 PM)Deep Weeb Wrote:
(03-11-2016, 02:25 PM)nobody231 Wrote: I was too lazy to download rtb's textures Tongue but i did so anyways now

Fixed blend here

Third, make sure that the cursor is in the bottom-left corner. If it isn't, zoom in all the way, and click there.

Thank you!  Wink
(I didn't wanted to bother you)

(03-11-2016, 02:41 PM)Deep Weeb Wrote:
(03-11-2016, 02:39 PM)nobody231 Wrote:
(03-11-2016, 02:34 PM)Deep Weeb Wrote: Your crap is better than mine (?)  B)

Thank you!  Wink
(I didn't wanted to bother you)

Well someone has to help you! And plus, not many people around here know how to use Blender. 3DS Max seems to be the norm in most 3D communities.

RE: Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS Model Ripping Project - Lilothestitch - 03-11-2016

I don't know if I should post this but is there any good animators that can make 3D animations with the Pokémon models in Blender or Autodesk Maya? I just thought I ask.

(03-11-2016, 02:55 PM)Lilothestitch Wrote: I don't know if I should post this but is there any good animators that can make 3D animations with the Pokémon models in Blender or Autodesk Maya? I just thought I ask.

Not sure if this helps, but I'm currently learning how to animate, so I might be of use in the future. (I'm currently a crap animator)